Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Welcome to my October 2012 Trip Report!

My name is Megan, and while I am a bit better known on the Dining Review boards I thought it would be fun to do a trip report for once!

So what is the meaning of my TR title? Well, "We'll do it in October" has become a bit of a slogan in my family. You see, in 2006 we started visiting WDW in the fall and discovered it is one of the best times of year to go. That being said, we often visit more than once a year and I can be guilty of scheduling a *little* bit too much for us each trip

During our August 2008 trip we were thwarted by Tropical Storm Fay....she stayed and stayed for 5 days and I swear by the end of the trip we chanted "Fay...Fay...Go Away!"

As a result of Fay, we had to put off a lot of plans. We had a trip planned for Oct 2008 and "We'll do it in October!" become a daily statement. By the end of the trip, the list of things to accomplish in October was laughable!

So now, whenever we have to change plans at WDW we turn to each other, smirk and say "We'll do it in October!"

WHEN?

October 7th - 13th 2012

WHERE?

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

WHO?

Megan I am 27 years old, and I have been to WDW more than 50 times. I was a marketing writer by profession and now I am an MBA student at a University in Toronto. I love to read, travel, take photos (particulary of food) and write dining reviews.
Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom and Epcot
Favorite rides: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Soarin, Tower of Terror
Favorite restaurants: Victoria & Albert's, California Grill, Jiko and Les Chefs de France

DMom DMom has been to WDW more than 50 times as well. She works for her family business. She is the organized one in our family, and you will often hear DDad and I asking her where *insert item here* is At the same time, she is the most easy going person in the world and lets me take over the planning of the family vacations.
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite rides: Haunted Mansion, Impressions de France
Favorite restaurants: Victoria & Albert's, California Grill & Jiko

DDad DDad has also been to WDW more than 50 times. He is an independent financial advisor. He is my partner in crime when it comes to travel, and is always willing to book/plan another trip. He also enjoys "challenging" me by asking me to obtain impossible dining reservations with little notice
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean, Soarin
Favorite restaurants: Victoria & Albert's, California Grill, Jiko and Les Chefs de France

WHY?

I am on fall break from school, and this trip is celebrating my parent's wedding anniversary and DMom's birthday.

ITINERARY

Sunday, October 7th
Early morning flight from BUF - MCO (stopping in ORD)
Noon arrival in Orlando
Check-in Coronado Springs
Epcot in the evening

Monday, October 8th
Magic Kingdom
Epcot

Tuesday, October 9th
Epcot
Contemporary
Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, October 10th
Animal Kingdom
Epcot

Thursday, October 11th
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Friday, October 12th
Magic Kingdom
Epcot

Saturday, October 13th
Early morning departure from MCO

I'll try my best to post live updates! In all liklihood this will be a photo-heavy and text-light report! You can also follow me on twitter @meganhuntley as I will be providing live updates there
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~

Last edited by TinkerBelle_325; 10-06-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: