Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
lolobug
DIS Veteran

First trip ever- HELP!

Hi!
This will be my very first trip to Disney- I'm probably more excited than the kids! My husband and I are taking our 2 girls (18 months and 4 years) along with our cousin, her husband and 2 boys (4 and 6 years). HELP! Please help me plan this trip. I'm looking for deals. I'd live to be able to all stay together in one room/villa but it appears too pricey. We are planning first week in April (unless they can't go then Jan/Feb). I imagine magic kingdom will be the biggest attraction- between Minnie and the princesses!
Please help, thank you!!
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Hi!
This will be my very first trip to Disney- I'm probably more excited than the kids! My husband and I are taking our 2 girls (18 months and 4 years) along with our cousin, her husband and 2 boys (4 and 6 years). HELP! Please help me plan this trip. I'm looking for deals. I'd live to be able to all stay together in one room/villa but it appears too pricey. We are planning first week in April (unless they can't go then Jan/Feb). I imagine magic kingdom will be the biggest attraction- between Minnie and the princesses!
Please help, thank you!!
The Budget Board may be able to help you with deals. The first week in April will be very crowded, given it is just after Easter and middle of spring break. That may also mean a lack of deals.

Recommend you find a copy of Unofficial Guide to help with general questions.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

The Budget Board may be able to help you with deals. The first week in April will be very crowded, given it is just after Easter and middle of spring break. That may also mean a lack of deals.

Recommend you find a copy of Unofficial Guide to help with general questions.
When is the best time to go?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran

I second the recommendation of the Unofficial Guide.

If you need a villa, you could look into renting a DVC villa.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Early September is great for avoiding crowds, if that's what you mean by "best".

See this site for a rundown of the entire year: http://www.easywdw.com/category/disneybest/besttime/
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If you mean when is it the least expensive and least crowded- these things tend to go hand in hand. Resort rates are more expensive when crowds are higher. They lower their prices to be more attractive when the crowds are lower.

Here is a link to mousesavers.com and their list of rates for each resort arranged by dates.

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt...-season-dates/

As for discounts on room rates or vacation packages- same as the resort rates; they tend to be offered during lower crowd periods and are usually blacked out during periods of high attendance.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Jersey Dad
Earning My Ears

I would suggest you get in touch with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They can give you one on guidance and don't cost a thing to book your trip and make your dining reservations. They also help you get whatever discounts are out there.

There are plenty to chose from but personally I use Andy from Mouse Tales Travel.
Jersey Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

April is very crowded. If you can do Jan like u stated that would be better. It is rumored that there is a discount coming out for Jan - March 2013. If you want a villa to fit 8 u will have to rent DVC points or it could be cheaper if you stay in 2 rooms. (If you want to stay onsite). Sending pixie dust that you get all the help you need....

mari360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

I suggest September if you can make that work, otherwise winter is next best. Early April is very crowded! I would suggest 2 rooms for you guys. Depending on your budget we like Pop Century or Port Orleans Riverside. A 2 br villa might come out to be the same price if you rent points. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, renting points at Bay Lake Tower might be a good idea.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls
I suggest September if you can make that work, otherwise winter is next best. Early April is very crowded! I would suggest 2 rooms for you guys. Depending on your budget we like Pop Century or Port Orleans Riverside. A 2 br villa might come out to be the same price if you rent points. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, renting points at Bay Lake Tower might be a good idea.
What does renting points mean? Thx!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug

What does renting points mean? Thx!
You don't really rent points. You can rent a DVC room reservation that a member has made using their points, either directly from a member or through a broker. Check the DVc boards here, there are some stickies on it.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Hi!
Please help, thank you!!
I would go to www.easywdw.com and check out the least crowded times to go, etc. Lots of information on that site! For your first trip you dont want to go when it is crazy crowded (could put a bad taste in the mouths of the adults for Disney).
We have always stayed on property, but as my DH wants more space and the kids have gotten older, we needed a cheaper place for this trip since we just got done paying for dd's wedding we are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They are on Disney's property, but not a Disney resort. They have 1-4 BR condos with a full kitchen, living room, dining room, washer and dryer. We are staying at a 2BR condo in a couple of weeks for $837 for the whole week. You dont have access to EMH or Disney transportation (but we never use EHM and drive to the parks for the most part when we are staying on property) so that isnt a huge thing for us. Bonnet Creek does have their own shuttle to the parks.
Here is a link to the Bonnet Creek Info thread (or one of them..there are 3)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937
and here is a link to the photo thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: