Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #121
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

Hahha! Yes! We're here until the 11th!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #122
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like a pretty low-key arrival day, which is good. Grazing through the Food and wine booths is much better than rushing to an ADR on your first day, in my opinion. Plus, ending your day with IllumiNations, then going back to your room at AoA...can I just say I'm jealous?

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #123
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Your arrival day sounds great! I'm debating on trying AoA next year... I swore I'd never go back to a value but our DVC rental may fall through so I'm considering it.... We never done F & W on arrival night but you have me considering it. I can't think if a better "dinner" than whatever I want from WHERE EVER I want! If only I didn't have to wait A YEAR from today!!!!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #124
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Subbing!
Well, it's about time!

(Joking! Glad you're here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
Hahha! Yes! We're here until the 11th!
Oh wow, that's a long trip! For some reason I thought you were only going for a few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a pretty low-key arrival day, which is good. Grazing through the Food and wine booths is much better than rushing to an ADR on your first day, in my opinion. Plus, ending your day with IllumiNations, then going back to your room at AoA...can I just say I'm jealous?
Yes, I can't really do too much on arrival day, I don't want to risk getting a horrifying migraine again like last year! And I have to remember to drink lots of water!! I can't wait for Illuminations! And Food and wine! I just mentioned to Brandon again that we're staying there for one night (he forgets...I'm telling you, he won't remember even when we get there!) and he doesn't seem too pleased, but whatever! I'm sure he will like it, and if not, it's one night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Your arrival day sounds great! I'm debating on trying AoA next year... I swore I'd never go back to a value but our DVC rental may fall through so I'm considering it.... We never done F & W on arrival night but you have me considering it. I can't think if a better "dinner" than whatever I want from WHERE EVER I want! If only I didn't have to wait A YEAR from today!!!!
Thanks! It's hard going back to a value after deluxes, isn't it? But AoA looks really cute, and as much as I love my deluxes, I love Pop almost as much, so it's really not that bad! We did F&W on arrival night last year, but it was a disaster (that's when I had that stupid migraine) so I'm hoping I'm better prepared this year! Plus it won't be as hot, so that will be a big help! Ugh, a year! Don't worry, it will go by before you know it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #125
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Days 2 and 3-Dilemma!!!

Hi everyone! I wasn't planning on updating 2 days at once, but I'm having a difficult time planning for these 2 days, so I wanted some expert advice! I'm going to tell you the plans I have for Days 2 and 3 now, and then what I'm considering doing instead, and I'd like to know what you guys think is the better option! I won't get too detailed with the plans, most of you guys know me well enough to know what attractions I'll be hitting at each park, right?

Day 2, Friday

Day 2 will be begin bright and early at the Magic Kingdom!

We'll do all of our favorites, and then possibly head over to Epcot to eat at...

(Do you see the flaw in this plan already? )

Once we're finished with Le Cellier, we will head back to POR to rest, and then spend our evening at

Hollywood Studios! Tower of Terror, RnRC, maybe Toy Story Mania if the wait is not too long...but mostly we're going to see the Osborne Lights!

Ahhh, I love my Osborne Lights! DHS closes at 8, and Epcot closes at 10, so there is a chance we might head over to Epcot for an hour or two, but it all depends on how tired we are! It would be nice to see Illuminations again!

Day 3, Saturday

Day 3 begins at Epcot, of course!

I'd like to get there for rope drop and do some Future World attractions-Soarin', Spaceship Earth, maybe Mission Space...then once it's 11, we'll go over to the World Showcase for some Food and Wine fun!

We'll try to eat as much as possible, and then go back to POR when we're too full or the crowds get too crazy! Then we'll go back out and have dinner at

California Grill! Yum, I love this place!!!

When we finish eating, we'll go over to the Magic Kingdom for magic hours and to watch Wishes!

Ok, so as of now, those are the plans for Day 2 and Day 3. The plans for each night are fine, Friday night will be at DHS and Saturday will be at CA Grill and then MK EMH. My problems are with the day plans. What I'm thinking, and what I wanted to do originally, was go to Epcot Friday and MK Saturday morning, and here's why:

-Friday will probably a little less crowded at Epcot for Food and Wine.

-We have that Le Cellier ADR. I don't like the idea of leaving MK to go to Le Cellier, remember, we were supposed to do that in May, and I cancelled it to have more MK time!

-Saturday is going to be obnoxious at Epcot. However, it's also going to be really crowded at MK...BUT I feel if we get to MK at rope drop, it will be do-able, and we'll also be back at night to do anything we might have missed.

I'm trying to follow the easywdw crowd calendar a little for this trip, which is something I never do. MK is supposed to be a recommended park for Friday, which is why I switched. Apparently MK and Epcot are both awful choices for Saturday, but I have to do one or the other. I'm just wondering, where would I rather be with horrible crowds...Epcot or MK? Brandon said Epcot, which is another reason I have Epcot for Saturday. I just don't know. It's really bothering me.

There is also "secret option number three" (yes, I've used that Ross quote before in a previous TR, it's just so useful!)...which is just doing Epcot Friday, Animal Kingdom Saturday morning, and then Magic Kingdom Sunday...I think MK is not recommended again on Sunday, but apparently Sunday is the better option out of both days. However, considering we're getting there on Thursday, I'm just not sure I want to wait until Sunday to go to the Magic Kingdom, you know??? Animal Kingdom is a recommended day for Saturday, but it's also recommended for Sunday (which is what we're planning as of now) so that's not really an issue...it's more of a "can I wait til Sunday to go to rope drop at MK" issue!

So just to recap:

-Option 1-Go to MK, leave to go to Le Cellier, DHS at night on Friday, Go to Epcot, deal with crowds and get annoyed, go to CA Grill and then MK EMH on Saturday.

-Option 2-Go to Epcot, have lower crowds, already be in the park for Le Cellier, go to DHS at night on Friday. Go to MK, deal with horrible crowds, go to CA and then back to MK for EMH on Saturday.

And then of course, Secret Option Number Three...

What would YOU do? HELP!!!

EXTRA INFO THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL!

Hi everyone! I know a few of you mentioned that I have a few other Le Cellier ADR's this trip, and I realized, I probably should have told you about them before asking you to help with my itinerary! Sorry! So here's what I have:

Le Cellier Friday, at 2:30 (I think, I'm not sure of the exact times!)
Le Cellier Saturday, around 12:30
Le Cellier Sunday, again at 2:30 (maybe 2:15?)

So you see, if we did MK on Friday, we COULD always cancel Le Cellier on Friday, go to Epcot Saturday, and eat at Le Cellier that day, but I feel like that will cut into Food and Wine time. But maybe that's the best option? I know it seems like doing Epcot Friday and eating at Le Cellier, AK Saturday and MK Sunday is the best option, and it probably is, but I really HATE waiting til Sunday to go to MK! And the crowds will definitely be much lower if we go on Friday. So does knowing these ADR's change anything?

Oh, and I have another Le Cellier ADR for Wednesday, which we are definitely doing. So I wanted to do one over the weekend, and one on Wednesday so we could eat there twice!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Last edited by Nermel9; 10-07-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #126
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I will try my best to help with your dilemma.

Okay, I haven't heard your other plans for the rest of the trip, so I can't comment on your other plans yet, but the one thing that sticks out to me would be making sure that you're taking advantage of the F&W festival. If you stick with your original proposed plans, F&W stays in the mix. If you switch it up, it doesn't. So that might be something to consider too.

I agree that I hate switching from park to park. It's annoying, but I'll do it when I feel that it's best.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #127
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I vote Secret Option #4. Cancel the Le Cellier reisse. Don't you have 85 million Le Cellier ADRs for this trip? Or was that last trip? I can't remember... What if you just made a lunch ADR in the MK (or at one of the monorail resorts)?
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #128
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I honestly have no idea... I mean, I honestly wouldn't suggest going to MK on the morning of a Le Cellier ADR again just because of what happened in May.

I also really want to make sure that you get to Animal Kingdom on this trip!!! I'm really no help, it's all very confusing to me! I feel like if the ADR were out of the mix, it would be much easier to decide. If you have another ADR for Le Cellier later in the trip then that is definitely what I suggest... even know I know that wasn't even secret option number three!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #129
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hmm. Alright.

I am remembering correctly that you have multiple LC ADR's this trip, right? If so, then I would consider cancelling the one for Friday, and sticking with the MK Friday, Epcot or AK Saturday, AK or Epcot Sunday.

BUT I know that you do love LC, and why not go to the restaurant that you love multiple times during your trip???? Keeping the ADR, I would go with Epcot Friday, AK Saturday, MK Sunday.

My vote: keep your LC ADR. Also keeping in mind that in 2013, it'll go to 2 TS for lunch AND dinner, take advantage of the menu as it is at the moment!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #130
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

BUT I know that you do love LC, and why not go to the restaurant that you love multiple times during your trip???? Keeping the ADR, I would go with Epcot Friday, AK Saturday, MK Sunday.

My vote: keep your LC ADR.
I am going to totally second this! Make your life easier by not doing on the park switches. Plus, I know when you get dehydrated or if its hot you tend to get headaches, which wipe you out. Make your life simple. Switch it up a bit and save MK until later in the trip.

Enjoy the Le Cellier lunch because you love it there, but do Epcot that day too.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #131
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My vote: keep your LC ADR. Also keeping in mind that in 2013, it'll go to 2 TS for lunch AND dinner, take advantage of the menu as it is at the moment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am going to totally second this! Make your life easier by not doing on the park switches. Plus, I know when you get dehydrated or if its hot you tend to get headaches, which wipe you out. Make your life simple. Switch it up a bit and save MK until later in the trip.

Enjoy the Le Cellier lunch because you love it there, but do Epcot that day too.
I was basically thinking a combination of these two posts, so I'll second (and third) them. Less park hopping and more Le Cellier. Keeping MK until later just makes it all the more magical!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #132
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I vote Secret Option #4. Cancel the Le Cellier reisse. Don't you have 85 million Le Cellier ADRs for this trip? Or was that last trip? I can't remember... What if you just made a lunch ADR in the MK (or at one of the monorail resorts)?
haha, I agree with this one. I know you love Le Cellier but in my opinion it just seems like a little too much park hopping (and I like park hopping!) to start at the MK, go to Epcot for the ADR, then go to DHS and possibly back to Epcot. And I always like to go to the MK on our first park day-I don't think I could wait a couple days! If you really want to go to Epcot, why not just go for the Food and Wine stuff instead of the ADR? That way you don't have to worry about being there at a certain time. Sorry, I'm probably no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I also really want to make sure that you get to Animal Kingdom on this trip!!! I'm really no help, it's all very confusing to me! I feel like if the ADR were out of the mix, it would be much easier to decide. If you have another ADR for Le Cellier later in the trip then that is definitely what I suggest... even know I know that wasn't even secret option number three!
I agree, Marissa. I know it's all a matter of preference but this is pretty much why we don't bother making tons of ADRs. It seems like a hassle trying to figure out plans when you have to worry about being somewhere for a meal.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 10-06-2012 at 11:00 AM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #133
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, I am so bad at making decisions, but i agree with some other readers, keep LC , you love it and if you start at MK, you might not leave..ane the $50 cancellation fee is tough to swallow!!
So valentine is gone...as we knew he would be...lets see how the search for a new mgr goes...
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #134
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #135
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

F&W is over less than halfway into your trip, right? I'd say take advantage of that as much as you can and skip Le Cellier until later in the week when F&W isn't an option. I'd also suggest doing F&W at least one afternooon as opposed to an evening b/c if you start right around the time that WS opens, the crowds won't be as crazy.

I'd also say do less park hopping. I know the heat shouldn't be as big of an issue but don't run the risk of getting sick. Also, it's still early on in your trip and you don't want to get run down and end up exhausted and not enjoy your whole trip.

I'd do:

Friday: Epcot (AM: Future World, Late AM/Early PM: F&W), Park Break, DHS
Saturday: AK, Park Break, Cali Grill, MK

DisneyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: