Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
MadiWI
Mouseketeer

A few years ago - when Special Diets was a bit more helpful - they advised me that even if an item in a booth at F&W was safe ingredient-wise, that the chances for cross contamination were high becuase of the way the kitchen space was shared in the food prep area. SD didn't recommend that we trust any of the items in the booths around the world. I'm not sure if that is how it is handled today, but obviously not all of the prep is done in the small booths. I'd just keep that in mind if that would be a problem for you.
MadiWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

This is great! I'm allergic to milk. How does the F&W Festival handle other allergies?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711
This is great! I'm allergic to milk. How does the F&W Festival handle other allergies?
I just got back yesterday and tey have improved since I wa their two years ago. More booths have the chefs cooking te foo their. Instead of the bak kitchen while some still do and some items are need to cook in the back. In Canada they have three chefs cooking on a grill they cook the steak their sauté the mushrooms and put them together their so you could ask for no sauce since it a truffle butter sauce and ask why the mushroom cooked with. All the booth when your ordering just let them know most time their yell you to tell the cm you give your recipet who calls out the order. If you want you could go to the counter and ask te chef questions. Most off not all I encounter loved to talk so their he happy to help you. Plus they have their chef/bosses walking around you could stop one and ask question seen a couple people do that. Some chef would walk past you while walking to their booths to heck on the cooks and would ask you how it is. They even mark the items that are vegetarian with a green v not sure if that new for this year but new for me. They even had a whole booth that feature non meat items it could terra and sponsor by a frozen food company. But I have to say the cms seem more trained and with it for the opening weekend. Just be carefully they try their best to accommodate all allergies but their might be some they can't that are Out of their control.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
snorris49
DIS Veteran

I did manage to find a map on Disney's website that lists "gluten free' foods from the various booths this year (it's very small and nothing accompanies it). I put it up on my blog, and I also transposed the list too. I also found some of the recipes in the 2012 F&W Festival cookbook to see what the ingredients were. There is still some confusion about the chocolate lava cake being safe or not, the recipe in the cookbook says no, but I have heard other reports that the chefs say the booth does serve GF cake and that the recipe in the book is out of date.

Check out my Blog!:
http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

snorris49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: