Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
oboedm
DIS Veteran
 
oboedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 815

Signing on! Your trip sounds amazing so far! I have never done any of the shows, either. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #47
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
OMG I just finished reading your Alaska TR and loved it!!! You took amazing pictures. I can't wait to read your next TR..
Wow - thank you!!! We had such a great cruise - I can't wait to get on the Fantasy next year! Thanks for joining in here - sorry it's been pretty slow. I know I will pick up as we start doing more planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Signing on! Your trip sounds amazing so far! I have never done any of the shows, either. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Welcome! Thanks so much for joining in!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #48
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

Hello there! Sorry I have been a bit AWOL. Life is just crazy since kindergarten started. And I have been struggling to get over that bug I had at the beginning of September.

ANYWAY, I am back! I wanted to share a few pictures with y’all. These are from the first day of school (this was a half day):




And these are from the first full day of school:




This one is just because I think it is sweet with the sunlight from the rising sun as we drove over to my folks’ house - I think this may have been the first morning that Willow started going over there and getting a ride to school with her grandfather.


Finally, one more because her outfit just cracks me up!


And now a little Disney. Willow and I have been chatting about what restaurants we would like to try this time. Some of the ones in the running right now are listed below. Would love to hear your thoughts!

CRT (because we seem to have to go there) - considering dinner this time; we have always done lunch before

Be Our Guest (hoping for an ADR here - and yes, in case you were wondering, I am ALL FOR the addition of wine to the MK at this establishment )

Teppan Edo (Willow is really into chop sticks, and we do not have this sort of restaurant in our little town, so it would be fun for her, I think)

California Grill or Yachtsman (really wanting to try a signature this time - was leaning towards CG, but Willow loves steak, so maybe Yachtsman?)

One of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot because we both love Mexican food

Chef Mickey’s (we really want to go back for the fun, dinner this time instead of breakfast)

Any thoughts, suggestions, other recommendations? I do not plan on making a TON of ADRs knowing the amount of food that we will be having on the cruise, but I do want to do a few places.

Last edited by RGirl; 10-05-2012 at 09:29 PM.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #49
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer
 
LittleGirlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas-Alaskan Yupik-East Coast Girl
Posts: 140

She looks so cute! All dressed up and ready for school! Is she loving it?

I have never been to any of those restaurants, so I can't help you there...
__________________
Me: Mom: Lexxie The Cat: Jackson the Cat:



One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
She looks so cute! All dressed up and ready for school! Is she loving it?

I have never been to any of those restaurants, so I can't help you there...
Hey there! For some reason, I thought you would be on your way to Hawaii! When do you leave??

Yes, DD is really loving kindergarten. She is beyond exhausted by the end of the week, but she seems to be doing really well. Parent-teacher conferences next week, so I will learn more then.

I'm sure others will weigh in on the dining question. I hope....
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #51
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

How is everyone doing with Halloween-costume shopping/making? What are you and/or your little ones going as this year?

Willow decided on her costume last November. Yes, last November. Anyway, her choice is Michael Jackson, Smooth Criminal. Yes, you read that right. So my friend who made the Jolly Holiday dress is currently making the suit. Today, I managed to find a blue dress shirt on-line and order that. After weeks of searching for a white fedora, I finally had to settle for an off-white one with a green band - will glue a black ribbon over that; I also found suspenders on Amazon. So I think the costume is about lined up. Phew!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #52
MelMel11
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 363

Count me in!!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #53
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,245

Love the Back to School pics! She is so cute!

As for ADRs:

We loved CRT dinner (steak on the kids menu!) and we'll do it again next trip
We loved CG (I think they had steak on kids menu), and want to try the Yachtsman in addition to CG next trip but I've not read too many good things about it (but the menu looks amazing!)

Chef Mickey dinner is tons of fun, notice that I didn't say the food's great However, DH insists on it being our last meal of every trip because we have so much fun there.

I really want to try Teppan Edo one of these day, and am also interested in the Mexico options. Can't wait to hear what everyone says about them!

BoG is a must do for us just because it's new and looks gorgeous, but the menu looks underwhelming. I'm thinking we'll do it for lunch (hopefully on BBB day followed by CRT dinner)
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the Back to School pics! She is so cute!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
As for ADRs:

We loved CRT dinner (steak on the kids menu!) and we'll do it again next trip
We loved CG (I think they had steak on kids menu), and want to try the Yachtsman in addition to CG next trip but I've not read too many good things about it (but the menu looks amazing!)
We love CRT lunch, so I am sure that we would like dinner. I go back and forth - dinner would ostensibly allow us more park time, but given that it is August, it might be nice to spend that midday time in an A/C'ed restaurant.

CG does look amazing. I have actually read a lot of good reviews of Yachtsman. I honestly think it may be the better choice for DD - she LOVES steak, so it would be really easy for us to split an entree there. Hmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Chef Mickey dinner is tons of fun, notice that I didn't say the food's great However, DH insists on it being our last meal of every trip because we have so much fun there.
Yeah, I don't expect great food. Both DD and I have such amazing memories of our dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at DLR that we are inclined to try the dinner here for the fun. As you know, I (unlike DD) am not keen on breakfast foods, so dinner is definitely more appealing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I really want to try Teppan Edo one of these day, and am also interested in the Mexico options. Can't wait to hear what everyone says about them!
Me too. I am really interested in both options. I think La Hacienda sounds great, but I love the ambiance of San Angel. And Teppan Edo seems like a really fun option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
BoG is a must do for us just because it's new and looks gorgeous, but the menu looks underwhelming. I'm thinking we'll do it for lunch (hopefully on BBB day followed by CRT dinner)
I think the menu looks pretty good (not JUST the wine ), but I do NOT like the dessert menu - it bugs me that they have gone out of their way to offer a gluten-free option (YAY) but then tied it with sugar-free - I no longer want to ingest sugar substitutes, and would rather pass on dessert than do so. Combining all food issues into one item is kind of suck-y.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #55
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,193

The pictures of Willow's school outfits are so cute! You can tell she is really excited for school. Also glad to hear that you are feeling better and that things are falling into place.

About dining-

CRT- I haven't been there since the 80's- so no comment

Be Our Guest- I think this is going to be a winner! I'm hoping to score an ADR there in April, and I'm also excited about alcohol with dinner in the MK, its the only way I can convince my brothers to eat there!

Teppan Edo- I did it a few years ago, and I was really not impressed. I found the food to be really lackluster compared to our local hibachi restaurant (and that isn't exactly 4-star dining), and it was really expensive for what you get.

California Grill or Yachtsman- I love both of these restaurants! If Willow is a steak fan, Yachtsman might be my choice over CG. I've eaten there twice and both times the food and service were excellent. Its a nice atmosphere, and nice to just walk around the boardwalk after dinner too!

Mexico restaurants- I haven't done La Hacienda, but I do like San Angel. I love eating inside the temple and watching the boats go by, and I think the food is good too. I think Willow would enjoy it, it is such a different dining experience.

Chef Mickey’s- I've never done dinner there, so I don't have anything to add, but I know every breakfast we've had there was fun!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #56
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,270

Love the pictures! Especially the one with Willow's "Fun in the Sun" attire!

As for the meals....

I think Be Our Guest is a must-try!

Teppan Edo......I would only go there if y'all absolutely have no hibachi grills within driving distance.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #57
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer
 
LittleGirlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas-Alaskan Yupik-East Coast Girl
Posts: 140

We leave Friday night!!!!

Willows costume sounds awesome! You'll have to post a picture!!
__________________
Me: Mom: Lexxie The Cat: Jackson the Cat:



One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #58
megan511
Mouseketeer
 
megan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 462

I hate that I keep getting so far behind! It seems like the days fly by with the kids' new schedules.

I think doing the Chip and Dale campfire thing is a great idea! It looks so cute.

I love Willow's school pics. Her outfits are too adorable. She is quite the fashionista.

As far as your ADR questions the only restaurant we have been to is Chef Mickey's for dinner. We all liked it, it was Anthony's favorite ever!

I can't wait to see Willow's costume! She is too funny. Anthony wants to be a Ninja Turtle & Tessa will probably wear a princess nightgown. Snow White or Merida depending on the weather.

I hope you all are doing well & that the fires have stopped. How scary!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS 6) (DD 4)
megan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #59
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran
 
HermanTriplets+1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,300

Chiming in with my support for San Angel mexican restaurant in Epcot!! We ate there on our trip in 2009 and it was great! Granted, as a family we're not that experienced with Mexican food, seeing as how it doesn't exist in Israel, but it was good to us! I wanted Mexican especially because it doesn't exist in our country, and I missed it! They were also very accomodating to dietary needs, the chef came out and basically "created" a menu just for us! If you book an ADR there, request to be seated by the "river". It's a hoot! The little boat ride from Mexico goes through there and Willow will love waving at the people on the ride! And you get to see the "volcano" erupt!
__________________
+ + = ( JJ and Gloria say "meowmeow what about us!")
THE HERMAN FAMILY!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #60
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
The pictures of Willow's school outfits are so cute! You can tell she is really excited for school. Also glad to hear that you are feeling better and that things are falling into place.
Thanks! Willow does really seem to be enjoying school and learning, which is wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
About dining-

CRT- I haven't been there since the 80's- so no comment
I have no doubt that we will enjoy this one - just need to decide whether to stick with our traditional lunch or try out dinner. I was leaning towards dinner, but now I'm thinking maybe a late lunch makes more sense since it will be getting super-hot and crowded, and we can enjoy a relaxing, cool lunch and then head back to our resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Be Our Guest- I think this is going to be a winner! I'm hoping to score an ADR there in April, and I'm also excited about alcohol with dinner in the MK, its the only way I can convince my brothers to eat there!
I cannot wait to dine here - so excited to see what it looks like, and the idea of having a nice dinner with a glass of wine in the MK is just pixie dust:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Teppan Edo- I did it a few years ago, and I was really not impressed. I found the food to be really lackluster compared to our local hibachi restaurant (and that isn't exactly 4-star dining), and it was really expensive for what you get.
That is really too bad. We don't have any sort of hibachi restaurant here, so I was hoping it would be decent. Maybe I will just save that experience for a trip to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
California Grill or Yachtsman- I love both of these restaurants! If Willow is a steak fan, Yachtsman might be my choice over CG. I've eaten there twice and both times the food and service were excellent. Its a nice atmosphere, and nice to just walk around the boardwalk after dinner too!
Great to hear! I am definitely leaning towards Yachtsman at this point - I think we would really enjoy splitting a three-course meal here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Mexico restaurants- I haven't done La Hacienda, but I do like San Angel. I love eating inside the temple and watching the boats go by, and I think the food is good too. I think Willow would enjoy it, it is such a different dining experience.
I am so torn on these two. The food at La Hacienda looks really good, but I know we would love the atmosphere of San Angel. Decisions, decisions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Chef Mickey’s- I've never done dinner there, so I don't have anything to add, but I know every breakfast we've had there was fun!
This is definitely one for the fun, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love the pictures! Especially the one with Willow's "Fun in the Sun" attire!
Thanks! That was quite a look, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
As for the meals....

I think Be Our Guest is a must-try!
Right? Sure hope we can get an ADR!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Teppan Edo......I would only go there if y'all absolutely have no hibachi grills within driving distance.
Hmm, we don't, but I'm thinking we won't go anyway based on these replies. I'm sure we can find one in Seattle the next time we go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
We leave Friday night!!!!

Willows costume sounds awesome! You'll have to post a picture!!
Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I hate that I keep getting so far behind! It seems like the days fly by with the kids' new schedules.
I hear you! I can't keep up at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I think doing the Chip and Dale campfire thing is a great idea! It looks so cute.
I think it looks cute too. I hope we actually make it - sometimes by that time of day, it is really hard for us to motivate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I love Willow's school pics. Her outfits are too adorable. She is quite the fashionista.
Thanks. She certainly has her own sense of style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
As far as your ADR questions the only restaurant we have been to is Chef Mickey's for dinner. We all liked it, it was Anthony's favorite ever!
So you have actually had dinner there? And it was decent? That's great! We loved dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm hoping that CM's dinner offerings will be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I can't wait to see Willow's costume! She is too funny. Anthony wants to be a Ninja Turtle & Tessa will probably wear a princess nightgown. Snow White or Merida depending on the weather.
Aww - you will have to post some pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I hope you all are doing well & that the fires have stopped. How scary!
Thanks. The fires have died down, and we are no longer buried under a cloud of smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Chiming in with my support for San Angel mexican restaurant in Epcot!! We ate there on our trip in 2009 and it was great! Granted, as a family we're not that experienced with Mexican food, seeing as how it doesn't exist in Israel, but it was good to us! I wanted Mexican especially because it doesn't exist in our country, and I missed it! They were also very accomodating to dietary needs, the chef came out and basically "created" a menu just for us! If you book an ADR there, request to be seated by the "river". It's a hoot! The little boat ride from Mexico goes through there and Willow will love waving at the people on the ride! And you get to see the "volcano" erupt!
I love the setting of San Angel Inn, and hearing that you and others enjoyed the food makes me think that it might be the best option for us! Thanks!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.