Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Why have you changed the title of this post and deleted the OP? I'm pretty sure you didn't cause any upset, as everyone has said they are quite happy for SM to be used for private greets. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that, I wouldn't begrudge anyone a private meet, anywhere in Disneyland (might be slightly jealous!). We have been so incredibly lucky as to have had two private meets this year, one in Feb with Rapunzel and one in August with Piglet, Tigger and Rabbit - but these were both in City Hall.

I would be interested to see where you read this though, simply out of sheer nosiness!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Salon Mickey is only open to shareholders until 12 noon. After that time it's used for other activities. VIP meet and greats, round table discussions, interviews and entertaining.

I've had a meeting in there with members of the conference team one afternoon when my company as organising a convention and we held a private party in the park for our delegates in the evening once the park was closed to guests.

Its nice to see it used for other activities.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

To the OP, I feel awful now, you certainly didn't upset me (really sorry if you think you did). I think people were just saying they are happy for it to be used for other things, but that the SH Club times remain (for the time being until it changes in the future no doubt!) .

And yes, I was dreaming that we could get a few pennies together and have our own park with private meets all day - not likely .

Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

The Corporate Business DLP site used to list the options/prices for hiring out different areas of the park for private use, if I ever win the lottery I promise you'll all be invited ;-)

Not sure why would anyone have a problem with SM being used outside Shareholders hours and having just read through the thread can't see anyone else upset by it either ?
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Old 10-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Iain Chapman
Are we back at DLRP yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
...if I ever win the lottery I promise you'll all be invited ;-)....
Looking forward to that invite....
Holiday Inn.........April 2006.....(3 nights / 4 days..2 Rooms....................6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2006..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Rooms............6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......November 2007..(5 nights / 6 days..1 Montana Lake Side Room...4 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2008..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Lake Side Rooms..6 People)
Magic Circus Hotel..July 2009......(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Cheyenne............October 2009...(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Newport Bay Club....November 2009..(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Ford 'Follow the Magic' Competition **
Hotel New York......December 2010..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Actually turned into 5 nights / 6 days due to the snow **
Dream Castle Hotel..August 2011....(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)

Until we are back....
Hotel New York......December 2013..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #21
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

This all came from someone posting a photo of the meet and greet they got on Twitter yesterday and not everyone liking it, though like here the majority seem to have no problem.

As has been said Salon Mickey is for shareholders till midday, what happens at 2pm, the time of this meet and greet, is up to DLP and I think it's a really nice idea to organise these meet and greets for returning guests.

Disney is about making people's dreams come true, and long may that continue. I look forward to hearing about more special meet and greets and hope as many people can have them as possible.

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Slightly O/T but earlier this week we saw a family being taken around the park by Jasmine and Aladdin which I thought was a fantastic treat. Jasmine actually stopped and had a little word with DS who she recognised while the family were meeting another character.

Like everyone else I certainly do not begrudge these extra perks (and I would be delighted to have one myself!) and as the shareholders only use the SM building for three hours a day it seems a good use for it. Was it specifically shareholders complaining? It seems very strange. Bring on the pixie dust!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #23
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpSteve View Post
This all came from someone posting a photo of the meet and greet they got on Twitter yesterday and not everyone liking it, though like here the majority seem to have no problem.

As has been said Salon Mickey is for shareholders till midday, what happens at 2pm, the time of this meet and greet, is up to DLP and I think it's a really nice idea to organise these meet and greets for returning guests.

Disney is about making people's dreams come true, and long may that continue. I look forward to hearing about more special meet and greets and hope as many people can have them as possible.

I saw this too. I think it's great. If anything a little jealous would love to have a personal meet and greet with a character x

Last edited by tinks_1989; 10-07-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

the upset caused was to the person who had the meet as the person who posted this has to be one of her friends as her account where she posted the pic is private as is her Facebook account where she said how upset she was. shame on whoever posted this. a little girl had a wonderful experience there was no need to go on a public forum to tell other people and say it was wrong. its really sad when people just can't be happy for others.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
the upset caused was to the person who had the meet as the person who posted this has to be one of her friends as her account where she posted the pic is private as is her Facebook account where she said how upset she was. shame on whoever posted this. a little girl had a wonderful experience there was no need to go on a public forum to tell other people and say it was wrong. its really sad when people just can't be happy for others.

Couldn't have put it better myself!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #26
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Well no-one on here begrudges anyone a private meet and greet. In fact I would like to know all about it, I love sharing people's pixie dust stories(and I am nosy!)
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #27
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Well no-one on here begrudges anyone a private meet and greet. In fact I would like to know all about it, I love sharing people's pixie dust stories(and I am nosy!)
while i haven't had any private meets i do have some videos of characters taking my little girl and her friend on a wander through the castle, to see the dragon around fantasyland etc. we are just back and had an absolutely fabulous time and i hope anyone going soon has the same experience.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post

I know who the person is and she is not my friend on FB but I've seen the photo as it's her profile pic, possibly because she's friends with several of my friends I can see her wall. You might want to mention to her that her settings are not totally private and it's not necessarily 1 of her friends who is responsible, if I can see it so can lots of others and someone obviously saw an opportunity to cause a bit of controversy, trolls everywhere
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson

I know who the person is and she is not my friend on FB but I've seen the photo as it's her profile pic, possibly because she's friends with several of my friends I can see her wall. You might want to mention to her that her settings are not totally private and it's not necessarily 1 of her friends who is responsible, if I can see it so can lots of others and someone obviously saw an opportunity to cause a bit of controversy, trolls everywhere
Same here I am not friends with her but the photo was upload to a Facebook page from the woman she bought the Dress from.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
it is on facebook now but wasn't originally, it was a private pic on twitter. the fact this person knew she wasn't a shareholder, saw the pic before it was anywhere other than twitter and then knew she was upset about this post show unfortunately it is someone she classes as a friend and that is mostly what is so upsetting about it.

i love coming on here and reading about other people trips, i love when people get upgraded or given special attention, just anything to make their trip special to them. that is what disney does best. im glad to see the majority of the people on here are just like that too.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: