Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #331
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
It's not EASY, but it's SIMPLE. Calories in, calories out! 1500-1600 calories a day, working out 3x a week.
I wish I had the patience and time to count calories. I've done it in the past and have had faster results. So good for you! I'm holding steady at 12 lbs. lost since early July, averaging about a pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :-)
Old 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #332
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate

I wish I had the patience and time to count calories. I've done it in the past and have had faster results. So good for you! I'm holding steady at 12 lbs. lost since early July, averaging about a pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :-)
This is the first time I have counted where it is easy! I am using myfitnesspal and have the app on my phone, makes keeping track so simple! I dont think I would have continued this long if I had to look up everything on my own and write it down !
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #333
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

My Fitness Pal app ROCKS!!!! 20 lbs down, 10 to go!!
Tigerlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #334
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

awesome!

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #335
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

I had a bad binge yesterday and weighed this morning to shock myself into submission. To my surprise I didn't go up. Hopefully it won't show up tomorrow. I vow to get back on track today!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #336
DMOMof3
When will my DS14 ease up on this growth spurt?
I know I will get the help I need here

Checking In

Thought I would come back to the thread that sparked my interest and got me started on MFP. How is everyone?

Now that I have begun this new journey to a healthier me I have been neglecting the DIS

I started 40 days ago and feel great!

It's such a simple concept, take in less calories than you burn.

I guess for me I had to finally want it bad enough to make it work.

I obviously didn't lose the 30 by October, knew that wasn't going to happen, but maybe by the New Year?

ME 51 DD 27 DS 24 DD 22 DGS 8
DMOMof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #337
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I just started MFP this week! I love it. I have a lot to lose 100+, that sounds so scary and I am so ashamed to admit it. I am taking the kids to WDW in March for Spring Break and I would like to be at least 30 pounds lighter by then. I would love 60 but I am being realistic and would be happy with 30. Best Wishes to everyone. I will try to post my progress so it keeps me accountable.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #338
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Hi All,

Been meaning to post, just super busy. I'm a week away from my trip and 4 lbs. from my goal weight. Not gonna make it but happy with my progress. Planning to go again at Christmas so will shoot for that. Can we get an extension :-) ?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #339
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOMof3 View Post
Thought I would come back to the thread that sparked my interest and got me started on MFP. How is everyone?

Now that I have begun this new journey to a healthier me I have been neglecting the DIS

I started 40 days ago and feel great!

It's such a simple concept, take in less calories than you burn.

I guess for me I had to finally want it bad enough to make it work.

I obviously didn't lose the 30 by October, knew that wasn't going to happen, but maybe by the New Year?
I know exactly how you feel! It's SO SIMPLE! Not always easy, but simple! I feel fabulous and owe it to MFP. I'm down 22 pounds so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
I just started MFP this week! I love it. I have a lot to lose 100+, that sounds so scary and I am so ashamed to admit it. I am taking the kids to WDW in March for Spring Break and I would like to be at least 30 pounds lighter by then. I would love 60 but I am being realistic and would be happy with 30. Best Wishes to everyone. I will try to post my progress so it keeps me accountable.
Don't be ashamed, you are on the path now! I wish you much success, MFP was a game changer for me, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
Hi All,

Been meaning to post, just super busy. I'm a week away from my trip and 4 lbs. from my goal weight. Not gonna make it but happy with my progress. Planning to go again at Christmas so will shoot for that. Can we get an extension :-) ?
CONGRATS! 4 pounds from your goal is fantastic! Have a magical trip!!!

Last edited by Twoboysnmygirl; 10-31-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #340
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
Hi All,

I'd love to keep it up too. I've found this group very motivating to stay on track and I have more to lose. Going to weigh in this weekend though as I haven't updated my ticker in a long time!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #341
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
I'd love to keep it up too. I've found this group very motivating to stay on track and I have more to lose. Going to weigh in this weekend though as I haven't updated my ticker in a long time!
I agree that this thread has been an inspiration. Funny how something as simple as group support can make such a big difference. Okay, ksloane, I'm counting on you to hang in there with me!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #342
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

This past week was my first week using MFP to log my calories and I lost 4.8 pounds. I am really excited and on my way to losing 30 pounds by our trip in March.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #343
encinc
DIS Veteran

I started MFP three weeks ago today. I'm not looking to lose a lot, but I'd love to lose 5 to 10 pounds before our December trip to WDW. I know I'm likely to gain at least 5 just from the restaurant food, and I'm right at the top end of the healthy BMI range, so I want to be proactive.

I might have lost a pound or two since starting, but our scale isn't all that accurate, so it's hard to tell. Tracking calories is definitely making me more conscious of what I eat, which has got to help in the long run. I set my exercise goals low, so I may have to up them if I really want to make progress.

Congrats to those who are seeing quick results! What great motivation to stick with it!
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #344
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our newbies! Hopefully we can keep our thread active! I currently have lost 20 pounds and stopped my crazy Atkins diet but all that said found Atkins worked the best for me. We leave in a couple of weeks and needed to give my body some normalcy ( anyone who has done Atkins knows what I am talking about! Lol) of course my weight jumped up 3 pounds, I am going to kick my cardio and weight training up a notch. Have not done it since school started!!!! I need to balance my time! Good luck everyone!

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #345
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

I've been using MFP the past few weeks, have lost 2 and a half kilos (about 5 and a half pounds). Gonna keep it up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: