Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #106
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

We have a roof antenna and a Netflix subscription. We have a computer hooked up to our main TV and can use it to watch Netflix in the living room. We also have a Roku box in the sunroom, and a wii that can stream Netflix in our bonus room. We do have Amazon Prime and occasionally watch something from there, but as other posters have mentioned - that's pretty much a side-benefit.
My3Princez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #107
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Our PS3 lets us stream Netflix and Amazon Instant Video to the TV (the Amazon is new just today). We also have been hooking up the laptop to the TV for a long time now, so we can watch anything offered online that way.

We don't watch much TV but between online stuff, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (which we would have anyway) I don't see the need for it. We get the networks via antenna so we can watch local news if we feel like it. For years we didn't have cable, but now we get it for almost free bundled with the internet and a landline. Nothing like telling your cable TV company to come and get their box them to make them lower their rates.

I have a few shows that I love which I have bought the DVDs for, but that's pretty rare. The only reason I can see to get cable/dish now is if you're a sports fan, which we are not.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: