Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFrazzledFro View Post
I found all my roommates through Facebook! There are TONS of groups on there for the DCP - groups by arrival date, role, application status, park, etc. etc. etc...

It's an easy way to find potential roomies, as well as just friends

Ok so I am terrible with facebook, but if I were to look for roommates on there where would I do that. Also, can I make it so my friends will not see that because I am friends with two of my co-workers and I am not letting them know I am leaving til about a month beforehand.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniebeth View Post
So, if you know who you want to room with, how do you go about getting them in your room? Because there are 6 of us, though potentially 8, that want to room together, but we were under the impression that we wouldn't be able to request each other until we got there. So how do we go about requesting each other before we get there?
For a group that big, you would all have to be there together at check-in. Just be aware- there is no guarantee of getting everyone into the same apartment (as you are only guaranteed one roomate).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?
I like Chatham best myself. I stayed there for 5 of my 6 CPs.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
ErikaC
Earning My Ears

I got accepted for Spring 2013 attractions and I've already been in contact with 4 other girls (5 including me, but we want to have 6 roommates). All of our arrival dates are January 8th. I've seen/heard that you have to have the same arrival AND departure dates in order to room together? How truthful is that, though? Others in the facebook group have said you only have to have the same arrival date. I've been thinking about emailing the recruiters but I figured I would come here first.
ErikaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaC View Post
I got accepted for Spring 2013 attractions and I've already been in contact with 4 other girls (5 including me, but we want to have 6 roommates). All of our arrival dates are January 8th. I've seen/heard that you have to have the same arrival AND departure dates in order to room together? How truthful is that, though? Others in the facebook group have said you only have to have the same arrival date. I've been thinking about emailing the recruiters but I figured I would come here first.
I'm like 99.9% sure it's just the arrival date that has to be the same :]
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
I'm like 99.9% sure it's just the arrival date that has to be the same :]
I'm 100% sure that both arrival dates and departure dates have to match.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=3226
"all participants must be the same gender, same age group (all over or under twenty one years of age) and have the same program arrival and departure dates."

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=2466
"Participants must share the exact same arrival and departure dates and be of the same gender to be matched."

https://disneyroommate.com
"If you are eligible: You will be matched with someone else who has the same base criteria (gender, age, arrival/end date) as yourself. "

Erika,
Information on here and on FB can be incorrect. Don't be afraid to go to an official resource for clarification on anything.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #21
BeachPrincesss
Earning My Ears

Programs and arrival dates must match. I called the College Program hotline..
BeachPrincesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #22
DISshopkeeper
Had 3 topplings over the years
I'm always on the lookout for Goofy stuff for the DISshop!!

DD took her chances with room mates.... And in her words "I hit the room mate lottery." They all got along and had a BLAST!

Good luck!
DISshopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #23
disneyjazz 1928
Have a great, big, beautiful day. And remember, tomorrow's just a dream away!

Disney's room survey

Ok, I have already found 2 other people to live in the house with me. So now we are looking for 3 more. But I honestly don't wanna just stick with the people i've already seen for 2 months on facebook. So the plan was for all of us to individually do Disney's survey when it comes out. I think it's a good plan mostly because I don't like picking my roommate. So if any alumni have done the random roommate, how did it work for you? Thanks!
1995: FIRST VISIT/family reunion (offsite) 1999: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001: Offsite (Westgate) 2002: First Old Key West stay and Universal Studios visit 2003: First Beach Club Villas stay! 2005 July: OKW 2005 November: All Star Sports 2006: OKW 2008 July: Port Orleans French Quarter/OKW2008 November: All Star Movies 2009: Wilderness Lodge/OKW 2011: Bay Lake Tower/OKW 2012: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas/OKW
disneyjazz 1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Spend time getting to know people before you room with them.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

My daughter just found out she got accepted today. We need to go on line soon - not sure for what or any other details. How do we go on this FB to find room mates?

TIA.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Spend time getting to know people before you room with them.
The thing is though is it is still online. You won't get to know them that well and could easily end finding something when you're living with them you don't like. No guarantee for a "perfect" roommate. No one is going to honestly list if they're messy, at least not usually if they're looking for a roomie.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
CaitlinAnn
Earning My Ears

If you don't want to use Facebook you can find roommates on tumblr. I just had my phone interview this evening so I haven't personally started looking for a roommate.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
ashanned
Earning My Ears

LOOKING for a roommate for spring 2013 advantage!!! if interested and want to get to know me please message me!! THANKS!!!
ashanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

My daughter has also picked her date - January 15th!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
AuroraWinchester
Saving people. Hunting things. The family business.

I got accepted on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

Like a couple of people who posted already, my arrival date is January 15th (through August 2nd) doing Custodial.

Feel free to message me up and chat or whatever!!!!! I swear, I don't bite

I also am trying the tumblr avenue (and eventually FaceBook). Here's my tumblr roommate survey.
"So what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against, Good, Evil, angels, devils, Destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point?"
AuroraWinchester is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: