Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #181
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Wedding Rings

Our wedding rings finally arrived the other day!! I think that's really when it hit Timmy and I that we're getting married in less than a month!

My rings in the box:

Close-up:

Our wedding rings in the box:

Vendors:
Ginger's Band (custom knife edge band in platinum): Brilliant Earth
Timmy's Band (SK cobalt band): Ben Bridge
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #182
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Flowers!!

Vendor: DK Designs Hawaii

Diane, from DK Design Hawaii on Etsy, finished my accessory floral the other day! I'm beyond thrilled how it turned out, and cannot wait till it arrives and I can actually touch it Diane is so nice and ridiculously talented! If you're looking for an alternative to DCL floral options, I highly recommend checking out her Etsy site. Since we can't take our DCL wedding flowers off the ship, I am toying with the idea of having her recreate my bridal bouquet once the wedding is over

House Party Member's Wrist Corsages: 2 white anemones with navy centers and greenery on a pearl wristlet

Usher's Boutonnieres: white anemone with navy center, greenery, and navy ribbon

Mother's Pin-On Corsages: 2 white roses with light/medium blue hydrangea, dark blue hyacinth, greenery, and white ribbon

Father's Boutonniere (left; pictured with mother's corsage on right): white rose with light/medium blue hydrangea, dark blue hyacinth, greenery, and white ribbon

Groomsmen' Boutonnieres: light/medium blue hydrangea, dark blue hyacinth, greenery, and light blue ribbon

Bridesmaids' Wrist Corsages: 2 white gardenias, light/medium blue hydrangea, dark blue hyacinth, greenery, and light blue ribbon

I also had a gardenia hair flower made, but I don't have a photo of that. Will post one once the package arrives

Oh, and I almost forgot my bouquet charm!
As a little throwback to Timmy's home and where we met, I found this bouquet charm on Etsy:
Vendor: Bridal Blings

Last edited by Freckledginger; 10-03-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #183
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Ginger -

Everything you posted looks fabulous! You and Timmy will look so great in your wedding clothes. Love his gray suit; your dress and your sister's dress are awesome and I can just imagine how they will all look on the beach. The ringbearer outfit.. just made me smile! How cute! Your custom rings look like they fit together perfectly; can't see the v-notch at all. Is the floral really clay? It all looks so REAL! Amazing! You are definently on track with your choices. Oh and as to your comment about losing weight.. girl you are skinny! Don't need to lose any! You're going to be beautiful on your wedding day.

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #184
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

AHH! Ginger! So excited for you (and you make me jealous in several aspects!)! Your dress looks great! So nice to see it ON you! My dress fitting went similar to yours, just a couple stitches on the top, sewed in cups, and hemming hemming hemming! The cathedral length veil is pretty, but I COMPLETELY agree with you, a long veil would've driven me crazy, too! I already had people stepping all over (and tearing!) my dress, as if I needed another thing to worry about! BESIDES, you have no idea how evil veils are when it comes to wind! Make sure your hair stylist gets yours secured TIGHTLY!!!! Luckily mine was, because I thought I was going to lose it a few times up on deck 12 taking pictures! I even had to tuck it into my dress to get some photos accomplished because the wind had other plans! Mine was a finger length veil too! Good choice

Your rings look gorgeous! Very classic! I bet you're SO glad to have them in hand! (My rings were a set, so when we got home from the proposal he says... "So, do you want to see your wedding ring???" and we bought his ring pretty early, too) Timmy's tux is so handsome! I don't know if you know this, but I ADORE grey!!! That's one of the reasons we bought Michael a tailed tux AND a silver-grey suit! First, because we couldn't decide, and second because he looked so darn good in them both! AND OMG, The ring bearer's outfit is PRECIOUS!!! I almost died when I saw it! I hate to say it, but it reminds me of Magic Kingdom on Main Street with the knickers and the "Gatsby" hat and also of Hollywood Studios, since the guys in my department wear suspenders and Gatsby hats! I love the flag idea too- so precious! You must have spent a LOT of time on Pinterest and Etsy for all of these wonderful ideas!!! I love the way you and I approached the DCL weddings- they are very limited in their options, so we're just adding as many personal touches as we can!!! I don't think any DCL bride will have the same wedding I had, and I don't think anybody will have a DCL wedding the same as yours either! Totally unique in our ways of personalization Go us!

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for more photos and updates from you! Sending you pixie dust to keep you calm in this very hectic "last month"! I know it's stressful, but try to enjoy it! Take time for yourself to de-stress, too! That's very important!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #185
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningVal View Post
Ginger -

Everything you posted looks fabulous! You and Timmy will look so great in your wedding clothes. Love his gray suit; your dress and your sister's dress are awesome and I can just imagine how they will all look on the beach. The ringbearer outfit.. just made me smile! How cute! Your custom rings look like they fit together perfectly; can't see the v-notch at all. Is the floral really clay? It all looks so REAL! Amazing! You are definently on track with your choices. Oh and as to your comment about losing weight.. girl you are skinny! Don't need to lose any! You're going to be beautiful on your wedding day.
Thanks Valerie!! It was so kind of you to say so many nice things! I'm glad you think all the attire choices will work well. Due to the fact that none of the wedding party members live near Timmy and I, I've had to make some compromises in terms of attire. Rather than trying to make everyone get identical dresses or suits, I've just given them photos of what I'm going for, and I am just crossing my fingers they select attire that looks good and not a hot mess, haha.

I'm so excited to see the ring bearer outfit in person! I think it'll be super cute. We're going to get him baby Havaianas flip flops also to wear, which are too precious for words. I'll post photos of those once we decide on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
AHH! Ginger! So excited for you (and you make me jealous in several aspects!)! Your dress looks great! So nice to see it ON you! My dress fitting went similar to yours, just a couple stitches on the top, sewed in cups, and hemming hemming hemming! The cathedral length veil is pretty, but I COMPLETELY agree with you, a long veil would've driven me crazy, too! I already had people stepping all over (and tearing!) my dress, as if I needed another thing to worry about! BESIDES, you have no idea how evil veils are when it comes to wind! Make sure your hair stylist gets yours secured TIGHTLY!!!! Luckily mine was, because I thought I was going to lose it a few times up on deck 12 taking pictures! I even had to tuck it into my dress to get some photos accomplished because the wind had other plans! Mine was a finger length veil too! Good choice

Your rings look gorgeous! Very classic! I bet you're SO glad to have them in hand! (My rings were a set, so when we got home from the proposal he says... "So, do you want to see your wedding ring???" and we bought his ring pretty early, too) Timmy's tux is so handsome! I don't know if you know this, but I ADORE grey!!! That's one of the reasons we bought Michael a tailed tux AND a silver-grey suit! First, because we couldn't decide, and second because he looked so darn good in them both! AND OMG, The ring bearer's outfit is PRECIOUS!!! I almost died when I saw it! I hate to say it, but it reminds me of Magic Kingdom on Main Street with the knickers and the "Gatsby" hat and also of Hollywood Studios, since the guys in my department wear suspenders and Gatsby hats! I love the flag idea too- so precious! You must have spent a LOT of time on Pinterest and Etsy for all of these wonderful ideas!!! I love the way you and I approached the DCL weddings- they are very limited in their options, so we're just adding as many personal touches as we can!!! I don't think any DCL bride will have the same wedding I had, and I don't think anybody will have a DCL wedding the same as yours either! Totally unique in our ways of personalization Go us!

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for more photos and updates from you! Sending you pixie dust to keep you calm in this very hectic "last month"! I know it's stressful, but try to enjoy it! Take time for yourself to de-stress, too! That's very important!!
Hi Jillian!! I sent you a PM reply. Hopefully you got that!

Thanks so much for the compliments on my dress! I was really happy that there's not a lot that has to be changed with it. It was nerve wracking enough to watch her chop of the extra length with the tulle underskirt, let alone if they had to do other major changes. I have my next fitting this Friday, and I'll get to see my proper length veil. I appreciate the veil advice. I can completely imagine how evil they can be in the wind, especially as windy it is on the top of the ship. Your veil looked gorgeous in all your photos, so hopefully mine looks as nice Question for you and the other brides, did you wear a body shaper under your dress?? Just wondering if I should look into one to give me a bit more smoother of a silhouette.

I'm very happy with how the rings turned out. At first I was a bit disappointed with how simple mine needed to be, but I think it suits the engagement ring well. With Timmy's, we were trying to go for something classic, but with a bit of a twist, and I think we found something that achieved that. It was a very neat moment when they both arrived, cause it really started to dawn on us that we're getting married this month! How neat that your wedding ring came in a set! I wish mine had been like that!

Haha, I hadn't thought about the Main Street vibe evoked by the ring bearer attire, but you're totally right!! I guess if you were to describe our attire choices for the guys, it's going to be "Main Street" with a hint of "Point Break" Hopefully it'll look nice! Both Michael's suits were gorgeous!!! They complimented your dresses so beautifully!

You made a fantastic point about customization of DCL weddings. I think it's easy to get bogged down by how limited we are in comparison to the WDW brides, but there really is a lot you can do to make a DCL wedding your own. And you're definitely spot on about how each wedding turns out to be it's own unique event

Thank you for the advice about trying to enjoy the last month of planning! It's easy to get caught up in all the craziness, but I know it will be over soon, and you only really get to experience it once, so I do want to enjoy it I've got my to-do list, so as long as I keep chipping away at that, I think things will be fine.

Thanks so much, Ladies for continuing to follow my plans and post!! I cannot tell you how much it means to have your support!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #186
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Engagement Shoot Photos!

Jess sent us a gallery of the photos from the engagement shoot. There were over 1,100 of them (wow!), and included some of our favorite proofs below:

Shout outs:
Photography: Jessica Cumbie Photography; Jacksonville, FL
Styling: Amber Veatch Designs; Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by Freckledginger; 10-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #187
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Your photos are fabulous. I love your props and wardrobe choices.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #188
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

I love your photos, you guys are adorable together.
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #189
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Ginger,

Your photos are amazing!! I love the sunset pictures!

How's everything coming along?? You are so close, Yay!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #190
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Ginger-

Love your engagement photos!!

Love everything you have done. You look great in your dress. I don't think you need to lose any weight at all. I'm hoping to drop another 10 lbs, but don't think it's going to happen. I have lost 10 so far. I go for my fitting on the 15th. I am wearing a slimming slip under the dress. It worked wonders on the belly. After 3 kids via c-section, I needed it.

I can't believe how close you are now. I know after yours, I will begin my stressing out!

Can't wait to hear about your experience onboard.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #191
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
Your photos are fabulous. I love your props and wardrobe choices.
Thank you!!
Our stylist, Amber, set up the picnic scene and brought along the other travel related props. Most of the big stuff (cars, tractors, etc. and the animals too, I guess) was just around the farm. Jess and Amber kept being like, "I can believe you have all this stuff lying around. It's perfect!" Guess you just accumulate stuff on a farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
I love your photos, you guys are adorable together.
Thank you so much! Once we got over our initial nerves, we had a lot of fun. Hopefully it'll make us more comfortable for our wedding photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Ginger,

Your photos are amazing!! I love the sunset pictures!

How's everything coming along?? You are so close, Yay!
Thanks Jodi!
The sunset photos are my favorites too! I wish we could have taken them like 15 min later cause the sky got uber pink and orange then, but it had been a long day of shooting and everyone was worn out. I'm still really happy with them though

It's crazy busy at the moment! I'm heading back to Alabama this weekend, and will stay there until the wedding. Trying to finalize all the last minute details--vows, groomsmen gifts, finish the welcome bags, edit our music selections, etc. I just keep telling myself--don't worry, it'll get done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Ginger-

Love your engagement photos!!

Love everything you have done. You look great in your dress. I don't think you need to lose any weight at all. I'm hoping to drop another 10 lbs, but don't think it's going to happen. I have lost 10 so far. I go for my fitting on the 15th. I am wearing a slimming slip under the dress. It worked wonders on the belly. After 3 kids via c-section, I needed it.

I can't believe how close you are now. I know after yours, I will begin my stressing out!

Can't wait to hear about your experience onboard.
Hi Judy,
Thanks so much for all your compliments! Very kind of you!
I think women always have a tendency to worry about losing weight for weddings... Guess it's societal pressure. I've lost about 10 and was hoping to get down another 5, but I don't think that's going to happen. I've discovered a new found love for Almond Snickers, and that's really not going to help my cause

I was thinking about getting a light slimming thingy (like the short Spanx) for my hip area just to smooth me out a bit in that area. I'll see how my next dress fitting goes, and then make that decision I think.

Yay for your fitting on the 15th!! That's so exciting! You'll have to let us know how it goes

Haha, yes, it's amazing how fast that date creeps up on you! You're getting close too!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #192
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

W-O-W, Ginger! Wow! Those photos are phenomenal! Jess did a wonderful job! I loved the picnic, I love Timmy's bow tie, I love the sunset pictures with the horse, I LOVE your amped up sexy curly hair in the treeline! Yowza! You two are one HOT couple! I'm really excited to see Jess's work for your wedding pictures!!! Remember to take time for yourself this month, even if it's just an hour a day- try to stay as calm as possible! I had a massage a few days before we left, and it was a REALLY good way to shut down and forget about the stress for an hour! (And she worked out A LOT of knots from my neck & shoulders area! Can you tell where I held my stress?) Everything is going to turn out BEAUTIFULLY and you're going to be a drop-dead-GORGEOUS Bride! Just a few short weeks!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #193
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Your engagement photos look like they're straight out a magazine. You two look like models or something, haha! The photos are totally breathtakingly gorgeous!

Your wedding attire looks fabulous! Your dress is going to looks so gorgeous with a fingertip veil--I can't wait to see your wedding photos, they're going to be spectacular! And your ringbearer outfit is quite possibly the cutest I've ever seen. I know I am sucker for a newsboy cap, but still, it's so adorable!

Your rings and floral accessories (I know I mentioned how cool those were earlier, but they are just so cool!) turned out beautifully. You are so close to your wedding, you must be so excited!!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #194
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Everything looks great Ginger. Your ring is gorgeous, absolutely stunning. Jess did an amazing job on your pictures, love each of them that you posted. What a great story they tell. Your flowers are gorgeous. I'll definitely be looking into those!

You must be getting excited! Your big day is right around the corner! Many wishes to you and Timmy. I cannot wait to hear about the DP and your TR.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #195
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Fantastic engagement photos!

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: