Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #376
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

No, havent' read the last chapter yet, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
What is Hustler?
It's an excellent movie about a pool shark starring Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #377
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
go to Downtown Disney and get one there. Obviously we had already decided that from the last chapter.
It's amazing how you knew what the chapter was going to tell you to do even before you wrote it!

Quote:
We’re leaving the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy, today; only to come back later since we won’t be going there tomorrow but later on in the near future.
I don't know why, but my head hurts now.

Quote:
Manny is cruising along and tells us how Ramone gave him and the other monorails a new pimped out paint job.
Did he use the words 'pimped out'?

Quote:
At the end of the stairs is a CM with something in her hand, and she’s smacking people’s hands with it. Lady H and I pause afraid we might lose our hand until we examine the situation. Everyone seems to be getting through with both their hands and all their fingers intact, so it must be safe. We finish proceeding down the stairs and stick out our hands and hope for the best.
Reminds me of one of my 5th grade teachers. Sister Beatrice. Yes she was a nun and the old cliche about the mean nun teacher who'd smack kids with a yard stick was invented by her.

How I feared and hated that loathsome... ummm... SOB (take out the S and the O).

Quote:
We both have our hands and fingers but are now branded with this invisible mark that can only be seen with a special flashlight.
It lets the other theme parks know who you belong to.

Quote:
Anyone ever heard of Hatch Green Chili?
No, but I do use green chilis in a recipe. Comes in little cans, usually chopped or diced. Is that the same thing?

Quote:
It is grown in the southern part of our state. Leave it growing long enough and eventually it will turn red. So if you ever have been in NM, or come to NM, the famous question you will here is “Red or Green?”
Interesting. So it's the same plant just younger or older. Is the taste that much different between the two?

Quote:
We walk in and give our name the hostess.
So now there's a hostess who's called... what? Thumper_Man's Hostess?

Cool.

Quote:
She says give her a couple of minutes and she’ll seat us right away.
I should hope so, since she now has your name. That's what family's for.

Quote:
The Ultimate Tailgate Appetizer Platter that s. Comes complete with hamburger sliders, buffalo & bbq chicken wings, chicken tenders, bbq riblets and dip.
Sounds good... and filling.

Quote:
If you ever want a good artichoke and spinach dip, I would recommend it here; unless of course you don’t like artichokes, spinach or even cheese for that matter.
I don't mind artichokes, spinach or cheese... it's the dipping that I can't abide.

Oh, alright, I'm kidding.

Quote:
Price wasn’t too bad either. $39.99 for the platter.
I know Nebo flinched at that... but if it's enough for 4 people, that's not bad.

Don't mind him, though. He fell on his head, ya know.

Quote:
Now I know what you’re thinking. Some of you are thinking we need to let the waiter know he charged us wrong. Others are thinking like me. Cool, he screwed up let him take the loss. We did what was right and brought it to his attention. Turns out he handed us the wrong bill.
I probably wouldn't have noticed. I usually don't even look at the bill and just pay it. I'd guess 95% of the time it's right and the other 5% is usually in my favor and occasionally against. Obviously if it's really off (What? My hot dog, fries and coke is $82.75???? or Lobster, filet mignon, escargot, french onion soup and bottle of wine comes to $3.75) I'll catch it and let the waiter know.

Quote:
Now guys, is this the coolest thing you’ve ever seen in a restroom?
Yeah! Those potlights are great! And that ceiling ventilation is amazing!

What?

Quote:
Even above the used beer department.
Two things... 1. It's a wonder that there weren't a bunch of guys in there all staring at the screens and 2. I really hope there was no one else in there... "Uh, buddy? Would you mind putting the camera away until I finish my business, here?"

Quote:
I told her I want to do this at home now. I got that look. Guys know the look. "Uh-huh. Sure. Go right ahead" she tells me. "Where you going to get the money to do that?" Always a catch.
Would this be a bad time to tell you that I have a flatscreen TV installed above my soaker tub?

Quote:
“Oh I’m sorry we only take $CASH$ for postage. I have no way of ringing them up on our computers so it has to be a cash only transaction.”
Now that I think of it… wouldn’t it make more sense if they didn’t take cash, instead? I dunno.

Quote:
“Oh, you were needing postcard stamps and regular stamps?"
Well, that’s your fault. You told him you needed stamps for postcards when you should have said postcard stamps. I can translate clerk speak, this is what he heard.

“Blah, blah, blah, stamps, blah, blah.”
Instead of
“Blah, blah, blah, postcard stamps, blah, blah.”

See? Totally your fault.

Quote:
Ok this next part is so true. Stuff like this I can’t make up even if I wanted to. After I hand him the $20 bill he just stares at it with this blank expression on his face. Almost like he’s never seen money before. Of course with all of today’s technology, he probably hasn’t. You can see the hamster running in the wheel as he’s figuring out what to do with it.
And the hamster is limping right?

Quote:
Finally he realizes that I’m using it to pay for the postage since they don’t accept credit or debit cards for postage.
Definitely limping.

Quote:
At least he came back with the right change.
That’s no save. He was probably told what the change should be from the person who gave it to him. Or more likely he was told, “Here give these papers and these slivers of metal to the same person who gave you the paper you just gave me.”

Quote:
After 30 minutes, we were finally able to get postage and mail the first batch of post cards.
You look like you’re thinking, “Here’s your freaking cards, I hope you’re happy!”

Quote:
Anybody want to contribute to the “Thumpers Wanting to Stay at the Grand Californian Charity Fund?”
Sure. I’ll kick in the price of postage to Canada. That’ll get you started.

Quote:
Anybody?

No.

Darn.

It was worth a shot.
I said I would, but with that attitude, forget it!

Quote:
I felt like a kid again when we tried to enter DCA. The CM scolded us for not having our stamps, even though we did have them.
So next time, both of you order ribs with extra sauce.

Do not wash your hands. When you go back to the park (with BBQ sauce dripping from your hands), make sure you shake the CM’s hand who’s checking for stamps and give ‘em a hearty clap on the back for doing such a good job! They’ll appreciate it! They really will! Lets ‘em know they’re appreciated.

Quote:
Since all we received was a slap on the hand, anybody probably still could.
Hands stamped and slapped. Boy, you sure this was Disney land and not Marquis De Sade Land?

Quote:
Isn't this the one picture everybody just has to take. Us included.
Yes. I believe it’s mandated by California Law. Nice pic, ‘tho.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, we went to go see what the wait time was for Radiator Springs Racers. Yikes!
Two and a half hours?

No ride is that good.

Quote:
Wandering aimlessly through Carsland, we saw a famous race car. The real Lightning McQueen this time.
Curious, did his eyes move by any chance?

Quote:
Kill is such an awful word isn't it. Maybe I should rephrase that.

We sat down and waited for time to pass by and enjoyed our microbrews so we can head back to DL.
That’s better. That description is dead on.

Quote:
We're done with this beer and I'm done with this chapter. I'll tell you a little more about our night at DL and finish up this day. Once I'm done here, Lady H will take you through the next day.

Have a good weekend.
Great chapter T-Man! Thanks! :

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #378
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

I don't feel like working on my chapter, I'd rather pick on you two guys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
It's amazing how you knew what the chapter was going to tell you to do even before you wrote it!

What, ;you never got that kind of strange feeling before you did something? I think it's called Deja Soon.

I don't know why, but my head hurts now.

Oh poor boy, I really feel for you.

Did he use the words 'pimped out'?

Hey, if Bunny Boy said so, then that's what he said!
I don't believe he said pimped out, Mike.

Reminds me of one of my 5th grade teachers. Sister Beatrice. Yes she was a nun and the old cliche about the mean nun teacher who'd smack kids with a yard stick was invented by her.

How I feared and hated that loathsome... ummm... SOB (take out the S and the O).

Ha, oh yes, leaving in the S and the O make it much more politically correct.

It lets the other theme parks know who you belong to.

So, they are going steady with Disneyland?

Interesting. So it's the same plant just younger or older. Is the taste that much different between the two?

Why do I think that in many other similar instances concerning the above line, the disgusting response that would follow would be, "Depends." Never mind.

So now there's a hostess who's called... what? Thumper_Man's Hostess?

I've met her, her sign on her uniform says "The Witless Waitress".
oh, he can hear me, can't he?

I know Nebo flinched at that... but if it's enough for 4 people, that's not bad.

I'm still flinching over that,, and I thoguht there was only two of them. No, I never buy into the little comments on menus next to the items that say, "serves 4, or serves 6", usually it's never enough for all of you. Especiall,,, PIZZA, "Serves 4" yeah,,, right,, I can eat the thing by myself and you want me to split it with 3 other people?

Don't mind him, though. He fell on his head, ya know.

I heard that, is Fabio going to be allright?

Two things... 1. It's a wonder that there weren't a bunch of guys in there all staring at the screens and 2. I really hope there was no one else in there... "Uh, buddy? Would you mind putting the camera away until I finish my business, here?"

I kept waiting for him to take a picture of the little sign near the top that said, "You look up here, you're peeing on your shoes again."

Would this be a bad time to tell you that I have a flatscreen TV installed above my soaker tub?

Nope, sounds like an excellent idea.

Sure. I’ll kick in the price of postage to Canada. That’ll get you started.

I've always wondered why a postcard is cheaper then a regular letter,, does a regular letter weigh so darn much compared to a postcard that it's that much harder to deliver?

Do not wash your hands. When you go back to the park (with BBQ sauce dripping from your hands), make sure you shake the CM’s hand who’s checking for stamps and give ‘em a hearty clap on the back for doing such a good job! They’ll appreciate it! They really will! Lets ‘em know they’re appreciated.

Ok, answer this quickly, who would you rather shake hands with,, Thumperman after he's dripping with gooey BBQ sauce, or that jock itch guy I encountered at Epcot that day?

Hands stamped and slapped. Boy, you sure this was Disney land and not Marquis De Sade Land?

I like it, can't wait to ride Pirates of the Inquisition!

That’s better. That description is dead on.

And your joke was DOA.

Great chapter T-Man! Thanks! :
Ok Mike, I did it for you. Your Welcome. ha ha
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #379
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Ok Mike, I did it for you. Your Welcome. ha ha
Who was that masked man? Oh wait, that's not a mask it's a bandage.

Shame it's not around his mouth...

:

jk Nebo

Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #380
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Who was that masked man? Oh wait, that's not a mask it's a bandage.

Shame it's not around his mouth...

:

jk Nebo
just wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving!!! do you eat turkey on your thanksgiving? probably goose, right? (canadian geeese)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #381
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
just wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving!!! do you eat turkey on your thanksgiving? probably goose, right? (canadian geeese)
Thanks Smidgy!

Yes we eat Turkey... I don't know anyone who eats goose... Maybe we should, there's a ton of them around right now.

Except I was at work... so I ran to Safeway on my break and bought a turkey salad sandwich... does that count?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #382
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Smidgy!

Yes we eat Turkey... I don't know anyone who eats goose... Maybe we should, there's a ton of them around right now.

Except I was at work... so I ran to Safeway on my break and bought a turkey salad sandwich... does that count?
Any turkey will count in a pinch.

Ours was a nice 10 pounder, stuffed to overflowing with cornbread/sausage stuffing. A mountain of mashed and a gallon of gravy. Roasted beets and steamed yellow beans to round out the dinner. Finished it off with one of my famous Gluten Free Key Lime Pies (gotta work a little Florida in there somewhere!)

Mmmm, I can almost taste it still. Oh wait, I am tasting it; that's what I'm eating for lunch right now...

P.S. Nebo - thanks for not doing another chapter. I'm now only 5 pages behind over on your TR...

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #383
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Ours was a nice 10 pounder, stuffed to overflowing with cornbread/sausage stuffing. A mountain of mashed and a gallon of gravy. Roasted beets and steamed yellow beans to round out the dinner. Finished it off with one of my famous Gluten Free Key Lime Pies
There ya go. We almost ate the same thing....

Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #384
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Any turkey will count in a pinch.

Ours was a nice 10 pounder, stuffed to overflowing with cornbread/sausage stuffing. A mountain of mashed and a gallon of gravy. Roasted beets and steamed yellow beans to round out the dinner. Finished it off with one of my famous Gluten Free Key Lime Pies (gotta work a little Florida in there somewhere!)

Mmmm, I can almost taste it still. Oh wait, I am tasting it; that's what I'm eating for lunch right now...

P.S. Nebo - thanks for not doing another chapter. I'm now only 5 pages behind over on your TR...
You're welcome Marty, my perfect Thanksgiving dinner:
slices of white meat off the breast, stuffing, rolls and butter, a mountain of mashed potatos, a gallon of gravy, and that's it, I'm good. Maybe just a tad of sweet potato casserole, but yes, you don't see a vegetable in there, not fond of the typical ones served with the big turkey dinner. (beets, green beans, yellow beans, lima beans, orange beans, purple beans, Orson Beans or Mr. Bean.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #385
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Between work at home and work at work, haven't had Dis time. Just have to say y'all making me hungry. Try to reply tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #386
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
You're welcome Marty, my perfect Thanksgiving dinner:
slices of white meat off the breast, stuffing, rolls and butter, a mountain of mashed potatos, a gallon of gravy, and that's it, I'm good. Maybe just a tad of sweet potato casserole, but yes, you don't see a vegetable in there, not fond of the typical ones served with the big turkey dinner. (beets, green beans, yellow beans, lima beans, orange beans, purple beans, Orson Beans or Mr. Bean.
you forgot to mention that the gravy has to be homemade. I simmer the giblets. then chop them up real fine and use them AND the water it was simmered in in the gravy.. (and some of the water from boiling the mashed potatos.)

unfortunately for the last 4 years or so, I work on thanksgiving.. we have a buffet at the restaurant. nebo is home alone. (the boys are at their wive's families house. never havesons, only daughters. ponzi you are lucky.. if you have a son,your family is always 2nd )

actually, I'm sure nebo could go with the boys to their gatherings, but he would rather not. I buy a turkey when they are on sale and we ahve our own "turkey day" (sometimes we get together with the kids on that sunday or something.. not this year!! flying south baby!!!)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #387
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
actually, I'm sure nebo could go with the boys to their gatherings, but he would rather not. I buy a turkey when they are on sale and we ahve our own "turkey day" (sometimes we get together with the kids on that sunday or something.. not this year!! flying south baby!!!)
Have the holiday sandwich at Earls. Cheap and yummy! No beans either.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #388
smidgy
dimples

sounds great marita! we won't be in wdw until the 28th, tho. maybe they'll still have it! (going to the "darkside" first for 3 days)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #389
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Ok. Before work gets crazy busy today, lets see if I can do a few shout outs.

Hey you guys!

Ok, shout outs done.

Quote:
Oh welcome to the club (the "he-man gettin' older club", not the "Nebo's throwin' out the hairdryer club"). I'm a few years ahead of you; still got full coverage, but i can see more scalp each time I go for a cut. Why is it that gravity takes over and our hair starts migrating south? By the time I'm 100 I'll be a giant hairy toed Hobbit.

The wake up bell for me was the first time I burned the heck out of my scalp while at Canada's Wonderland a few years back. I've always had thick thick hair and had never considered that I could burn up there. I always try to wear a hat now, but I look stupid in most ball caps and I often rely on the kids to remind me to put one on. I now own 3 Disney caps caused by forgetting to bring one along; for some reason I do like Disney caps over all others.
It's been going for a while now. At least since my early 30's that I can remember. It's more noticeable now though. I tell Lady H at least I won't have to see my hair go gray. It will all be gone by then.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #390
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Mike, yu don't have to shave it, i've got a 12 dollar buzzer thing I'be been using for 8 years now and I just set it on the lowest setting and it get's really close, and no, never been cut yet. Heck, I hate shaving my face, if I had to shave my head too, uh uh, never happen.
Lady H really doesn't like when I shave either. Especially after the winter beard that I sometimes let grow. Being part of our winter will be in WDW this year, I doubt the winter beard stick around this year.

Quote:
That strikes me odd that they don't have the finger imaging thing going on threr, I remember so well having to get your hand stamped on the way out.
Yeah, we found it odd as well. I was afraid to wash my hands after the scolding we took.

Quote:
I also think your style works just great, the two of you switching off like this.
We thought we would try something different. This way you get 2 perspectives of the parks instead of just one.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you mentioned it yet or not, but I've heard that unlike World, Land is definately more crowded on weekends, your thoughts?
My thoughts.

I think baseball needs to get rid of the DH and shorten the season. Playing the World Series in late fall just seems odd considering a majority of the season is played during the summer.

And all these new rules the NFL is coming up with for player safety is absurd. It's really changed the game. Like kicking off from the 35 yard line now instead of the 30. You no longer get to see any possible run backs now. Some of those were definite game changers.

Oh wait. You wanted my thoughts about the crowds at DL being worse on the weekends. No I haven't talked much about this yet. Just the little bit from the 2 chapters.

I'll tell you what I think more about this later, but here's a quick synopsis. Being this was our first time to DL/DCA, and we only went to the theme parks 3-days, I don't have much to go by. Given Carsland is new, the crowds were definitely there. Just like any other new ride or expansion, crowds will be heavy for a good year or so before they start to thin out. Sunday morning, crowds were pretty light. At DL anyways. As you can tell by the way we were just getting onto the attractions with almost no wait time at all. Crowds were definitely over at DCA this day. Again, I attribute this to Carsland.

This is about the best I can tell you until we get to our day DCA day Tuesday.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about that big coaster in teh background you took a pic of, you DID go and ride it, right?
I don't care how many "Dumb wife, Dumb wife" Heather had to chant!
That big thing? Who would want to ride that thing? A thrill seeker like me maybe? Only time will tell.

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: