Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #841
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628 View Post
My son cant have dairy. Do you think they can make him a mini cake that is made with almond milk or coconut milk instead? We'll be eating at either Narcoosees or 'Ohana.
My concern here would be the butter. It's very likely that both the cake and frosting contain butter, which would also likely present a dairy risk. You might try calling and asking Pat @ the GF Bakery, but I have a feeling that BabyCakes is going to be your safest option.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #842
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Our mini cake was delivered to Crystal Palace breakfast as I requested, and it was pretty. I asked for it to be frosted pink with white dots (I was thinking white POLKA DOTS, but I didn't say that, I just said dots, so they were small dots). I wanted Minnie ears on top but the CM who took my order couldn't guarantee that. She said they make Mickey ears but she'd never seen Minnie ears. I requested it anyway. There was a little tiny frosting bow on the Mickey ears, turning them into Minnie ears...very cute.

When it was brought to the table all the servers made a big deal about it, ooohing and aahhing over it. They said they'd never seen a mini tiered cake there before and they thought it was sooo pretty. DD loved all the extra attention. It was $35 and added onto our bill (not charged to my card 24 hours in advance like I was told it would be), so I sort of felt obligated to tip our server on the cake too, which I wasn't so crazy about...an extra $7 tip just for carrying the cake to the table. Eh. She did bring out a candle and lit it for us though, and that was nice.

It was big enough for two people, I thought, with the bottom tier being a little larger than a standard cupcake. The tiers were cut into two layers each with frosting between the layers. The frosting was rather thick on the outside of the cake, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. *I* thought, compared to cakes I decorate myself, that the frosting was way too soft. It should have had a stiffer consistency, in my opinion. When they brought it to the table it was already starting to "droop" on one side. We took it back to the room, straight from the CP, and by the time we got to AKV the layers were sliding all over the place. It still tasted good though.

Overall, I was happy with it. It was just enough for the two of us, it was girly and pretty, it tasted good, and DD was pleasantly surprised with it. Is $35 too much for what it was? Sure...but, it's Disney, where just about everything costs too much for what it is, LOL.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #843
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

It's a little pricy but soooooooooooo delicious! I think I paid $24 for a half dozen.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #844
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody View Post

They are not eating at CRT. They asked about Trails End.

My bad, sorry!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #845
AimeeMichele
Mouseketeer

Just ordered my Haunted Mansion themed cake for our Chef Mickey's reservation on 10/23! I am beyond excited to see what it looks like!!! Will definitely post a pic when I'm back. Chef Brian was super easy to work with
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #846
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethienjoey View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen...I emailed Pat for a cake at Narcoossee's, and we agreed on all the details of the cake and a price. When I asked her if I needed to place the order through the phone line, she said no, that I was all set. Buuut, after that, I was emailing Brian for another cake to be at California Grill and we discussed and agreed on the cake and the price, and he said to call the phone line to place the order.
Needless to say I am concerned that I may not get the GF cake from Pat, but I don't want to call about that one and wind up with two of the same cakes LOL!
Pat and Brian work with two completely different bakeries that have different procedures for ordering cakes. That's why one asked you to email then call and the other did everything over the phone. There is no way that one has any idea what you've ordered from the other, so they're not going to get mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodls01 View Post
In Nov 2011 we ordered a custom cake and slipper dessert for our CRT lunch. Had no problem getting what we wanted. This Dec we are eating at Trails End. Can we have slipper desserts delivered to the restaurant?
If not, can we pick up slipper desserts at the Broadwalk Bakery?
The slipper dessert is only available at locations serviced by the Grand Floridian Bakery and the Contemporary bakery. Since the Contemporary bakery delivers to Fort Wilderness, you can get a Cinderella Slipper dessert at Trail's End. Call the number for the Contemporary listed in Post 2 of this thread.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #847
sjv919
Mouseketeer

I called emailed the cake email for the Magic Kingdom requesting a Tangled themed cake, gave the design I wanted, specified a Rapunzel white chocolate cut out thing and one of Flynn Rider. Complained to DGF I couldn't afford Maximus, but that's neither here nor there They hooked me up with the Contemporary's bakery email (not Chef Brian, I don't think...just the regular bakery email?) and I requested the same theme, included a picture of the design I wanted, asked for the cut outs, ordered a 10" marble cake with vanilla buttercream under the fondant and white chocolate mousse filling, and that ended up costing me $125 and we got it at our birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. OH MY GOSH. We LOVED it and hardly even wanted to cut into it!! We were super pleased and impressed and it was so yummy, the other table actually got up to come look at our cake and wish us happy birthday and our server told us that it made quite the impression in the kitchen!

And since Disney is the place where dreams come true, I ended up getting Maximus on my cake anyway! YAY!

Price: $125+tax
Date: 9/30/12
Flavor: 10" marble cake with vanilla buttercream under the fondant and white chocolate mousse filling (it was DELICIOUS!)

http://i47.tinypic.com/22c5tv.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/c2fc0.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/znssk9.jpg

It was beautiful, more than we had hoped for! And absolutely delicious. We were so excited

Last edited by sjv919; 10-05-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #848
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Sorry, another one! This one, mini wedding cake, we ordered as a surprise for our friends that came to visit in our room to hang out. They ate this and said it was delicious and we just had cupcakes from the food court I had it decorated in white with red roses, their wedding colors.

Price: $35+tax
Flavor: Vanilla all the way through

http://i47.tinypic.com/91j7lx.jpg

Last edited by sjv919; 10-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #849
woodsuk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I emailed the email address on here for adding a chocolate slipper to our reservation at CRT 31st October and received an email back the next day confirming it has been done.

I'm in England so much easier to email than call. Hope my DD will enjoy the suprise.
Was inspired by your post and emailed, got a reply back asking how would like presented?
Does that mean do i want a message written on plate cause otherwise dont know how to replay
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #850
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Does anyone know if you order a cake through the resort, do they take the Tables in Wonderland discount?

I could have sworn a few years ago when I ordered a cake at YC they took TIW, can anyone confirm that for me???

Thanks!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #851
jodls01
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Lurkyloo! Your information and suggestions worked for us last yr. and Trails End was the only restaurant we could work into our schedule and we really wanted to celebrate the birthdays with the slipper dessert.

You're the best!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #852
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Does anyone know if you order a cake through the resort, do they take the Tables in Wonderland discount?

I could have sworn a few years ago when I ordered a cake at YC they took TIW, can anyone confirm that for me???

Thanks!!!!!
While it's been about a year, a girl I know of from another board used her TiW discount on her anniversary cake.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #853
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Hi cake experts! I will be at Disney this spring for my DD's birthdays (twins turning 9). We are having an early dinner at Sanaa, then an Illuminations cruise.

Where should we do cake? At Sanaa? Or on the cruise? It's different bakeries--AKL or Yacht Club. I'm torn. . .
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #854
bpr2002
Mama Bear
Always willing to applaud to help out others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes, you should be able to get something more personalized.
Thank you for your help! I'll call back tomorrow!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #855
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post

Thanks!!!!!
Yes, we used to TiW discount. However if you have had your credit card charged already, they have to refund the difference back onto your CC.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: