Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Jonell
DIS Veteran

How did that happen!!!

Something very odd happened on our trip in Sept and I'm wondering if rules have changed. My father-in-law was also at WDW and it was his 1st visit. We were at EPCOT on one of the days and I saw him reach into his small cooler that he brought into the park and bring out a Miller Lite beer I knew right away that he brought it into the park and he opens it and begans to drink it. I quickly tell him that bringing alcohol into the parks is forbidden and he could be kicked out for it. He looks at me like I've lost my mind and said "I told the security guard that checked the cooler that I had it and the security guard saw it !" I know my is FIL 1) CLUELESS 2)was telling the truth and 3)wasn't trying to break the rules and he sincerly though that bringing in the beer was allowed. Did the rules change? I can't figure out for the life of me how he got throught security with a six pack of beer in a cooler????
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
gator girl
DIS Veteran

The rules have not changed. I'm not sure how he got away with it, but he shouldn't have and probably wouldn't a second time.
gator girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
cmpeter
Mouseketeer

I would assume they just didn't check closely enough and assumed it was a soda.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

I noticed during my trip in September that some of the security guards are more observant and give a more detailed search upon entering the parks than others. Maybe the security guard your FIL happened to get to was one of the latter (who didn't give as detailed as a search) and may have overlooked it. The rules have not changed, as far as I know.
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Jonell
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys ! I didn't think that the rules had changed, but he did drink a few of "his" beer while my Dh and I purchased drinks around the WS, and noone ever said anything to him. I would never try to bring in alcohol myself but it just baffles me how he was able to do it.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
TBdisneyMC
Mouseketeer

Two or three years ago we saw someone with a small cooler at the bag check in Epcot, and they had the glass Lipton ice tea bottles, and glass bottles aren't allowed. The security guard did see them, but said something along the lines of 'Don't bring them in next time', instead of not allowing them in. I'm sure (hope) this is not the norm, but maybe something like this is what happened?
.......~ šoš ~ Aug '06 - CSR ~ šoš ~ May '09 - POR ~ šoš ~ Aug '10 - POR ~ šoš ~ Mar '11 - POR ~ šoš ~
~ Aug '11 - POR/BWI (Our wedding) ~ šoš ~ Nov '11 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '12 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '13 - POFQ ~
TBdisneyMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: