Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #76
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

I just had my phone interview tonight. I'm so nervous. x:
It went really well though, I think!

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #77
KMGtwirler
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if auditioning for character performer affects how long it takes to find out if you are accepted? I had my phone interview yesterday and she told me it takes two weeks to find out, but probably longer because I'm auditioning for character performer. I know it takes an additional two or so weeks after the auditions to find out if I made character performer, but I thought that they usually accept you for another role in the meantime? Or do they not give you a position until they see whether or not you got character performer?
KMGtwirler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #78
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

I just had my phone interview today ahh!

I setup my interview to be at 3:15pm, and they didn't call on time. I. Was. Panicking! I wanted to cry a bit. I was so scared thinking about so many things that could have happened. But they called at 3:30 and it was because they had to find a different interviewer because my original one couldn't make the call.

My interviewer was Brandon and he was super nice. He kept saying "awesome" with all of my responses and it felt like I was talking to a friend. I wasn't nervous at all. I just wish I didn't say "umm" too much. Is that a bad thing? I was just so excited.

I hope it went well. I really want to do the DCP, it's been a dream. Now I just have to wait ugh!

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!

grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #79
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMGtwirler View Post
Does anyone know if auditioning for character performer affects how long it takes to find out if you are accepted? I had my phone interview yesterday and she told me it takes two weeks to find out, but probably longer because I'm auditioning for character performer. I know it takes an additional two or so weeks after the auditions to find out if I made character performer, but I thought that they usually accept you for another role in the meantime? Or do they not give you a position until they see whether or not you got character performer?
You can end up pended even if you are a character performer. Also, most people aren't accepted in 24 hours, it can take 3 days to 2 weeks to have a role offered to you. It is possible you will be pended and asked to go to character auditions either way. Just varies from person to person.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #80
podicat1
Earning My Ears

I'm not subscribed to the emails but still got the character performer email.. I don't believe I even applied for those roles. Maybe I'll get my acceptance after that is done? POSITIVE THINKING!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #81
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I can't stand it anymore. I feel I have been waiting far too long and I feel I'm pretty much not in at this point. No one understands how much I want to do this, how much it would mean to me. I'm a technical theatre major so taking that Entertainment class would be like finding a gold mine for me. I would be like a kid in a candy store. Working for Disney would be such a major resume booster. My suitemate is at a recruitment meeting right this moment for fall 2013. If she gets yet, yes I will be happy for her but I'll also be so jealous. I'm talking major jealousy here. I think I'm slowly getting more and more depressed as time goes on. I haven't heard a thing but I've pretty much lost hope.

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #82
DianeV
DIS Veteran

Don't feel bad. My daughter interviewed on Sept. 12th, waited until the 28th to end up pended and nothing since.

She really felt her phone interview went well, she gave many role options and is at her wits end trying to figure this out.

Seeing people accepted 2 days after their interview isnt helping either
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #83
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
I can't stand it anymore. I feel I have been waiting far too long and I feel I'm pretty much not in at this point. No one understands how much I want to do this, how much it would mean to me. I'm a technical theatre major so taking that Entertainment class would be like finding a gold mine for me. I would be like a kid in a candy store. Working for Disney would be such a major resume booster. My suitemate is at a recruitment meeting right this moment for fall 2013. If she gets yet, yes I will be happy for her but I'll also be so jealous. I'm talking major jealousy here. I think I'm slowly getting more and more depressed as time goes on. I haven't heard a thing but I've pretty much lost hope.
When did you interview? Are you pending?
Don't give up hope though!

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #84
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
Don't be discouraged. I've applied three times, and it was this time that I finally was accepted. Everybody really wants to get it but just because you may not get it this time doesn't mean you should not try and try again. I'm sending out good vibes your way. But if by happenstance that you don't get it this term then at least you will know what to expect when applying for the next program. Keep a good outlook, there is always a silver lining.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #85
TiffanyLynn
Earning My Ears

Question Pending Status

I felt like I applied really late since I didn't have my phone interview until September 28th. I recieved a pending e-mail 5 days later and then another one this afternoon (exactly 3 weeks later) my top choices were merchandise and attractions as well as character attendant. I was wondering if people have already been accepted into these roles or if these are some of the roles that they wait to choose after all the applications are in. The pending status makes me super nervous and like anyone else I really want this opportunity to happen. Anyone with helpful words or know anything about the process....? I feel like I've been pending forever which makes me nervous, but I guess it's better then a rejection?
TiffanyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #86
Princess victoria
Williams' Hips Don't Lie xD
"Check this Juliet!"
Fangs Up!Darth Periculum

I applied for the spring advantage program on the very first day apps were open. I had my phone interview on Sep. 12th and have had two pending emails since. I felt like my interview went really well, the lady was really nice and she said I was giving her great info and she seemed pleased with everything and I felt pretty confident that I had a shot at this, which is rather rare for me. I suppose i'm just getting a bit discouraged since everyone else seems to be hearing back quickly, but i'm on my 6th week of waiting. Has anyone else had long wait times to hear about their acceptance?

Princess victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #87
DianeV
DIS Veteran

My daughter is in the same boat as you. Applied first day, interviewed on the 12th and pended on the 28th...has received the 2 pending emails too. She said the same thing, that she thought her interview went well, the lady responded favorably, she gave multiple role options etc. Its very discouraging not knowing what the 'problem' is especially seeing people getting accepted after 2 days. There is a facebook group of penders who are all feeling the same way. Me personally I think Disney should be going in order of received interviews. I dont like the 'we will keep you hanging in case someone better comes along first' feeling this gives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess victoria View Post
I applied for the spring advantage program on the very first day apps were open. I had my phone interview on Sep. 12th and have had two pending emails since. I felt like my interview went really well, the lady was really nice and she said I was giving her great info and she seemed pleased with everything and I felt pretty confident that I had a shot at this, which is rather rare for me. I suppose i'm just getting a bit discouraged since everyone else seems to be hearing back quickly, but i'm on my 6th week of waiting. Has anyone else had long wait times to hear about their acceptance?
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #88
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

My daughter had her phone interview this past Tuesday evening and received an email this afternoon saying she was accepted. She will be working in attractions. I was shocked how quickly she found out. I have been pouring over this forum the past week and have read lots of posts about applicants who were pended and then eventually accepted. Stay positive. They are most likely trying to find a place for you.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #89
sonshineandsmiles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess victoria View Post
A number of applicants who applied and were accepted to the CP program ALSO applied for the Professional Internships. The interview process takes much longer for the PI positions, and is in full swing right now with up to three interviews for each position.

Once the PI positions are filled and that group notified; those who accept the PI position will withdraw from the CP group. The good news is that will result in a lot more openings for the CP group! That's probably why so many are 'pending' because they do not know how many more CPs will be needed until all of the PI jobs are filled. Also, if they pull 6 from retail and only 1 from attractions for PI's, it requires time to decide who goes where.

The PI jobs are extremently tough to get and those applicants apply for their 2nd or 3rd CP to ensure they have a job. Previously working in the CP does not guarantee a Professional Internship.

It seems long, but they have 'thousands' of applicants. Good Luck to everyone and know you still have a great chance!
sonshineandsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #90
Princess victoria
Williams' Hips Don't Lie xD
"Check this Juliet!"
Fangs Up!Darth Periculum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
My daughter is in the same boat as you. Applied first day, interviewed on the 12th and pended on the 28th...has received the 2 pending emails too. She said the same thing, that she thought her interview went well, the lady responded favorably, she gave multiple role options etc. Its very discouraging not knowing what the 'problem' is especially seeing people getting accepted after 2 days. There is a facebook group of penders who are all feeling the same way. Me personally I think Disney should be going in order of received interviews. I dont like the 'we will keep you hanging in case someone better comes along first' feeling this gives
Oh, it's good to know i'm not alone! Yea, i'm not particularly fond of having to wait either! haha This is my third time applying and the first time i've gotten past even the web interview. I really want this. Hopefully things will work out.

Princess victoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: