Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
Monica D
Ready to plan my next cruise!

May 2000 - great weather, fairly low crowds

September 2003 - great weather, low crowds

September 2006 - great weather, low crowds

February 2007 (around the President's birthdays) - cool/slightly rainy weather, fairly crowded but not horrible

September 2008 - great weather, low crowds

Mid June 2009 - good weather (a little warm), weekends were VERY crowded but weekdays were ok

Late September/early October 2012 - HOT!!!, crowds were heavy but manageable

As you can see, I normally love going in September but after this last trip I'm not so sure. I think we have typically gone early in the month, but with the later visit and the heat wave it really was a different trip than before. I love DL and am happy to be there, but the heat just wiped all of us out. We've been home for three days and I'm still recuperating!

Dh Me
Ds (16) Dd (14)
Monica D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
Aust
DIS Veteran

End Sept/early Oct 2007 - Very warm but not hot or humid weather, fairly low crowds. Park closed early in the week but that was ok for us. Weather and crowd level influenced timing of our latest trip.

7th to 15th January 2011 - cool weather (which I love! hate hot weather), and very low crowds - walked onto most things all week. No complaints, except a number of rides down for maintenance (to be expected in that season). Caught IASW holiday version and some holiday decorations still up in Tontown and New orleans Square which was good, and Haunted Mansion came back from the holiday version on the last day (I prefer this version to HMH). Great time, would go then again, except the airfares at this time of year from Australia are ridiculous due to being peak school holiday season.

20th September to 3rd October 2012 - hot hot hot! and humid! And more crowded than I expected - I hated the weekends and even the weekdays were more crowded than I expected. The crowds plus heat meant we got through a lot less at the parks than I expected to, especially since we were in the parks a total of 9 days.

I wouldn't go in September/October again - next trip (not for 3 years) I'm aiming for early December, for cooler weather and holiday decorations, plus hopefully not too crazy crowds.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

When reading your question, I realized I have been to DLR each month except October and December. This year we are going in December, so Next year we'll hopefully get there in October!

My preferences have changed over the years. When I was younger (and my kids were younger), having long park hours and no refurbishments meant a good trip. Now, not so much. I'm okay with short park hours and don't gravitate toward the thrill rides.

If you're looking for low crowds and don't care about multiple rides being down for refurbishment, then Jan, Feb, and Sept is the way to go. If you are looking for the opposite, then spring break, summer, Thanksgiving week, and the last two weeks of the year are the way to go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: