Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves

Hopefully you will be able to call and have everything applied to everyone you add on the reservation. It could be the order or just the glitches that often happen. I remember in the past people have posted that their OBB discount did not transfer when they moved it, but called back and had it corrected after others told them that they should have been able to keep the benefits. So the system does glitch sometimes. Hope that is the case here!
Thanks! I will be sure to ask about it, and see if there is any way to change it around to still get it. Unfortunately it will be Friday when I call (payday!) but I will report back what I learn.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

I had called earlier today to add guests to the stateroom and the CM did it without any issues. She was very helpful and I checked the totals and it did show 10% off for each guest. So, great!

Now, lets see what happens when I need to move it to the 2014 date.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
I had called earlier today to add guests to the stateroom and the CM did it without any issues. She was very helpful and I checked the totals and it did show 10% off for each guest. So, great!

Now, lets see what happens when I need to move it to the 2014 date.
I did the same thing. I tried to add them on-line but kept getting an error message. But I am ready to go when they announce the 2014 dates
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #19
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Okay I wanted to update...

When I was trying to modify my dummy booking online, it didn't seem to be giving me a discount at all. In fact, the total price was only $49 cheaper than if I bought the reservation as a first time reservation online. $49 was certainly not 10% off! . i was also not able to pick a stateroom, even though I could see there were some available when I tried to make a new reservation. Because my dummy booking was GTY, it wanted me to pick GTY for the changed date. Now, normally GTY would be fine...but it was the same price, and I wanted to be on the starboard side for the pacific coast.

so today I finally called to change my reservation. I called the CC number, and got through immediately. The CM she was able to change everything, add my dh and ds, get me a room that didn't show online, but looks great (5650, the last stateroom, with a slightly bigger verandah because of the curve of the ship).

When she got to the total, it was the same as I was seeing online....BUT... She said "this includes prepaid gratuities"!!!! (Face palm) so I was getting the discount all along, but I didn't know that it included gratuities already! The website didn't indicate that at all!

So for those of you who are having this same issue, make sure to check its not already Including tips. We did all 3 get the discount, event though I was on the only one who booked on board.

Me DH DS 5

Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Okay I wanted to update...

When I was trying to modify my dummy booking online, it didn't seem to be giving me a discount at all. In fact, the total price was only $49 cheaper than if I bought the reservation as a first time reservation online. $49 was certainly not 10% off! . i was also not able to pick a stateroom, even though I could see there were some available when I tried to make a new reservation. Because my dummy booking was GTY, it wanted me to pick GTY for the changed date. Now, normally GTY would be fine...but it was the same price, and I wanted to be on the starboard side for the pacific coast.

so today I finally called to change my reservation. I called the CC number, and got through immediately. The CM she was able to change everything, add my dh and ds, get me a room that didn't show online, but looks great (5650, the last stateroom, with a slightly bigger verandah because of the curve of the ship).

When she got to the total, it was the same as I was seeing online....BUT... She said "this includes prepaid gratuities"!!!! (Face palm) so I was getting the discount all along, but I didn't know that it included gratuities already! The website didn't indicate that at all!

So for those of you who are having this same issue, make sure to check its not already Including tips. We did all 3 get the discount, event though I was on the only one who booked on board.
I've never heard of them adding the gratuities at booking. I was under the impression that if you wanted to prepay the gratuities, you can do it. But it was not added at booking.

That's really confusing, since I just added guests to my two linked reservation and it was 10% each person. No added gratuity.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney

I've never heard of them adding the gratuities at booking. I was under the impression that if you wanted to prepay the gratuities, you can do it. But it was not added at booking.

That's really confusing, since I just added guests to my two linked reservation and it was 10% each person. No added gratuity.
I thought it was strange, too. But she said the CM who did my OBB included it in my reservation, so it transferred to the new reservation, too. She could have taken it off, but I figured it was one less thing to worry about later. It must have just been how the OBB CM did it. I was just glad to see that we did get the discount!

Me DH DS 5

Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
I thought it was strange, too. But she said the CM who did my OBB included it in my reservation, so it transferred to the new reservation, too. She could have taken it off, but I figured it was one less thing to worry about later. It must have just been how the OBB CM did it. I was just glad to see that we did get the discount!
Could they have meant the insurance? I have never heard of them adding the gratuity either. I know when I questioned the 10% discount, I had it wrong because I had it on my reservation but when I looked at the current fare, it didn't include the insurance.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #23
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan

Could they have meant the insurance? I have never heard of them adding the gratuity either. I know when I questioned the 10% discount, I had it wrong because I had it on my reservation but when I looked at the current fare, it didn't include the insurance.
Nope, I asked her several times, and my confirmation email says that gratuities are pre-paid. I did not buy dcl insurance. I think the guy who was working at the future cruise desk added It without telling me (he also did most things without asking or telling me...kinda pushy) then the system saw that I had chosen to prepay (he had chosen for me) and automatically chose that for those that I added.

I just wanted to make sure, if anyone else is also having questions about not getting the discount they thought they would, to check that out...maybe mister pushy future cruise guy did it a lot...

Me DH DS 5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: