DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #826
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz View Post
Has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party? We are debating on doing it but DH isn't too thrilled spending $80 on desserts. But our DD3 is terrified of the sound of fireworks and we were hoping being inside she wouldn't hear them but could still enjoy them.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We are going for the first time in December. I have not been but from what I have read this is an outside event on a covered patio. I know a lot of folks have posted that they take ear plugs for their kids to stop the noise. Hope this helps!
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #827
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

We have never done the Wishes Dessert Party either. I would be afraid I would make myself sick eating all those desserts. They look too good just to eat one or two things.

The area is an open so noise is the same. The coolest part is this is the area where Tinker Bell comes down to, so you get a great view of Tink. I would recommend ear plugs for the kids to see if this helps.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #828
disney212
DIS Veteran

what a beautiful state

Just got back from a trip to TN for a wedding. We live in extreme NKY so we drove the entire length of the state from North to South and back via the I-75 path. What a beautifuly drive down and back, the leaves are changing and it was just beautiful. Sometimes I forget what a beautiful state we live in!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #829
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
Just got back from a trip to TN for a wedding. We live in extreme NKY so we drove the entire length of the state from North to South and back via the I-75 path. What a beautifuly drive down and back, the leaves are changing and it was just beautiful. Sometimes I forget what a beautiful state we live in!
It is a pretty state. I'd rather live in WDW or on the beach, but come back here for a visit certain times of the year.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #830
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

AirGoofy: Loved reading your live TR, just never had a chance to read daily like I wanted to. Hopefully it was enough of a Disney fix that I can make it until we leave the first of Dec now.

I agree, this time of the year is beautiful in the state of KY & even IN. The leaves seem to more colorful than I thought they would this year. I love the change of seasons, but the older I get the easier it is for me to move south for the winter. Could easily make WDW area my home.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #831
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
AirGoofy: Loved reading your live TR, just never had a chance to read daily like I wanted to. Hopefully it was enough of a Disney fix that I can make it until we leave the first of Dec now.

Thanks.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #832
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
It is a pretty state. I'd rather live in WDW or on the beach, but come back here for a visit certain times of the year.
Me too but since I have to wait until I retire I figured I would look at the positive.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #833
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Me too but since I have to wait until I retire I figured I would look at the positive.
Not being negative about KY. But, if you could live in $1.5 Million home in KY or a $1.5 million home in Golden Oak, which would you select?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #834
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party? We are debating on doing it but DH isn't too thrilled spending $80 on desserts. But our DD3 is terrified of the sound of fireworks and we were hoping being inside she wouldn't hear them but could still enjoy them.
We are going next week I will report back. In fact me and my grandfather are doing a Whiskey tasting with Jim Beam Global just before it. We have 1.5 hours to get from Epcot to MK with the pardae starting 15 min before we are there, wish us luck we may need it to get to the party on time.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #835
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey

We are going next week I will report back. In fact me and my grandfather are doing a Whiskey tasting with Jim Beam Global just before it. We have 1.5 hours to get from Epcot to MK with the pardae starting 15 min before we are there, wish us luck we may need it to get to the party on time.
Thanks! My husband would love the whiskey tasting, but wouldn't do it alone. I'm too much of a light weight to join him, plus I only like fruity drinks. I want to do the Dessert Party but my husband is hesitating to agree to because he's not much for sweets and he doesn't think we'll get our money's worth out of it.

kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #836
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Thanks! My husband would love the whiskey tasting, but wouldn't do it alone. I'm too much of a light weight to join him, plus I only like fruity drinks. I want to do the Dessert Party but my husband is hesitating to agree to because he's not much for sweets and he doesn't think we'll get our money's worth out of it.

I always thought the Dessert Party was more for the Wishes seating, with the bonus of desserts.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #837
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not being negative about KY. But, if you could live in $1.5 Million home in KY or a $1.5 million home in Golden Oak, which would you select?
Hands down FL! I would live there now if I had a job. My company has offices close to Jacksonville and we are thinking of putting our house up for sale and seeing if I can transfer.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #838
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always thought the Dessert Party was more for the Wishes seating, with the bonus of desserts.
Ditto for us, we actually consider the desserts a bonus, we are paying to have a place to sit down that isn't too crowded and rest in an actual chair while waiting on Wishes.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #839
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Hands down FL! I would live there now if I had a job. My company has offices close to Jacksonville and we are thinking of putting our house up for sale and seeing if I can transfer.
I wish I had that opportunity. I go online and search for jobs and houses with that dream everynow and then. I tell DW that if one of us loses a job in the economy, then we should just start over in FL. The only thing holding me back at this point is our children, and not wanting to uproot them from friends and the things they really enjoy doing.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #840
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

That's my opinion of it! And my youngest DD is terrified of fireworks so I thought this might be better. She likes how pretty they are just not the loud boom that comes with it!

kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, kentucky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: