Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
katebeth
Mouseketeer

Dirty rooms at the BC

We just returned from our first stay at the BC. We were so excited to try this resort for the first time, but ended up disappointed.

Now don't get me wrong...I understand that this is an older resort, so when I say the rooms were dirty, I don't mean worn and older...I mean they were dirty.

The first room they put us in had wet stains on the daybed and one of the beds. I kept looking up thinking the ceiling was leaking Then my girls pulled out the table that slides out from under the desk and it was NASTY....Caked on food. The bellman had just brought up our luggage and I showed him the table and beds and he said that they had been having problems with housekeeping and we should let the front desk know.

We went downstairs and they were very nice. I explained what we had noticed in the room and they put us on a different room on a different floor.

NOW I will totally take the blame for assuming that two rooms in a row would not be dirty. My girls were itching to get to the pool, so we quickly got our suitcases into the new room, changed clothes and headed to to pool. Later that evening we headed back to to room and my girls started to take showers and I started to unpack. It was then that I noticed more filth

The daybed cover had two chocolate? looking stains on the cover. Both quilts on the foot of the beds were covered in all types of stains. There was hair in both of the sinks (not ours, we had not used them yet...just the showers) And when I opened the cabnet to the fridge, there was pizza sauce splattered everywhere.

By now it was late, we had dinner reservations, had used the shower, unpacked and did not want to change rooms again.

Again, I understand worn and dated, but filth is gross!! How hard is it to throw the decorative quilts at the foot of the beds in the wash? Or wipe out the cabnets?

We spent a lot of money to stay at this resort..I think that was what bothered us the most!!
4th trip.....Sept. 2005 off property
5th trip.....Oct. 2006 WL
6th trip.....Oct. 2007 WL
7th trip.....Oct. 2008 WL
8th trip....March 2010 WL
9th trip....Oct. 2010 Tampa
1st Disney Cruise March 2011
katebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: