Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

I had a package ressie for POFQ in a standard room before the visa promo yesterday. It had no discount on it. I called yesterday and they said that there were no standard rooms available for the discount. So I had to take a garden view.

Now I'm reading that people are telling others on here to go ahead and make a package ressie for the trip and then when the general offer comes out (these people have no Disney visa) that they can just apply new promo to current ressie. How is that possible if I wasn't able to yesterday?

Also, will more standard rooms at POFQ be available first thing on the morning the general public promo comes out? I am about 200.00 over budget bc we had to take the garden view. Would love to get back in budget.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesignlanguage View Post
I had a package ressie for POFQ in a standard room before the visa promo yesterday. It had no discount on it. I called yesterday and they said that there were no standard rooms available for the discount. So I had to take a garden view.

Now I'm reading that people are telling others on here to go ahead and make a package ressie for the trip and then when the general offer comes out (these people have no Disney visa) that they can just apply new promo to current ressie. How is that possible if I wasn't able to yesterday?

Also, will more standard rooms at POFQ be available first thing on the morning the general public promo comes out? I am about 200.00 over budget bc we had to take the garden view. Would love to get back in budget.
It's not guaranteed that those people will be able to just apply the discount to their existing reservation. It all depends on what type of rooms, resorts, etc. are released for the GP offer. Might work, might not.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Do you know of more standard rooms will be added for Wednesdays GP offer? I mean do they typically open up more rooms?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied. Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a particular resort/room type is at or near capacity, Disney will see no need to discount that resort/room type. If there is no availability for a standard room under the GP offer, the people who already have those rooms booked will not be able to take advantage of the discount for that room type and would either have to change room types like you did, or change resorts if they want the discount. HTH .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:

Disney only sets aside a finite number of rooms at each resort for any promotion. In some cases, the promotional rate is not applicable to entire resorts or specific room categories within a resort.

When you make a reservation without a discount code, you have your pick of any available room at any resort. But when you make a reservation with a discount code, you can only choose from among those rooms which are available under the code. You don't really "apply the discount" to an existing reservation, although if everything works out that is the way that it appears.

In your case, there were no standard view rooms available at POFQ for all of your nights under the Disney Visa code. There might be some available first thing on Monday under the general public code. They are almost always two different codes with the same discount. But Disney will have rooms set aside under each of those codes at each resort. So, it's possible that there might be some standard view rooms at POFQ under the general public code that you could switch to.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! So would it be worth my time to be up at the crack of dawn Wednesday to try and get the standard room for the GP offer and then cancel my current ressie if its a little cheaper?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I doubt they'll open up standard rooms. They don't care whether it's someone booking the discount with the Visa early booking or public offer. If they were going to open standards, they'd probably already be open. Everyone I've seen putting the discount on at POR was switched to a garden room.

It's always worth a shot to save a bit of money, but I think chances are slim.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Thanks guys! So would it be worth my time to be up at the crack of dawn Wednesday to try and get the standard room for the GP offer and then cancel my current ressie if its a little cheaper?
Well, you're the only one who can decide whether it would be worth it. Have you calculated how much you would save by switching back to a standard view vs. keeping the garden view? i know that it would help me make the decision.

BTW - you wouldn't be canceling your current reservation, you would be changing it.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Lagoonie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Disney only sets aside a finite number of rooms at each resort for any promotion. In some cases, the promotional rate is not applicable to entire resorts or specific room categories within a resort.

When you make a reservation without a discount code, you have your pick of any available room at any resort. But when you make a reservation with a discount code, you can only choose from among those rooms which are available under the code. You don't really "apply the discount" to an existing reservation, although if everything works out that is the way that it appears.

In your case, there were no standard view rooms available at POFQ for all of your nights under the Disney Visa code. There might be some available first thing on Monday under the general public code. They are almost always two different codes with the same discount. But Disney will have rooms set aside under each of those codes at each resort. So, it's possible that there might be some standard view rooms at POFQ under the general public code that you could switch to.
This is exactly why when I called to "apply the discount" to my current reservation, I was prepared to be told that I might have to change resorts, etc. Fortunately, I was in a preferred room at POR, and the package discount was available for my dates and room. I spoke with the CM for a long time yesterday - I prepared him in advance that I might make him do a lot of checking for me - and he was extremely helpful. We did the play/stay/dine package for POR from 2/22 - 3/2. The RO discount for those dates were only applicable for the Royal Rooms at POR during my dates. We are a family of 5 and need the murphy bed, so that wasn't an option.

Sending pixie dust to everyone that they get the best rates for their early 2013 trips!!!

Trip #1 - offsite 1983
Trip #2 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 1984
Trip #3 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 1987
Trip #4 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge August 1995
Cast Member - WDWCP Fall 1997
Trip #5 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge July 2007
Trip #6 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 2011
Planning Trip #7 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside February 2013
Lagoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
mom2cse
Earning My Ears

I made a reservation around 6pm EST yesterday for a standard room at POFQ and had no trouble getting it. We are looking at early Feb. and he said there was plenty of rooms available for our dates. I guess it may be a problem with your dates or just with the CM you talked to. I imagine you could always try again as long as you don't mind the time on hold.
mom2cse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoonie View Post
This is exactly why when I called to "apply the discount" to my current reservation, I was prepared to be told that I might have to change resorts, etc. Fortunately, I was in a preferred room at POR, and the package discount was available for my dates and room. I spoke with the CM for a long time yesterday - I prepared him in advance that I might make him do a lot of checking for me - and he was extremely helpful. We did the play/stay/dine package for POR from 2/22 - 3/2. The RO discount for those dates were only applicable for the Royal Rooms at POR during my dates. We are a family of 5 and need the murphy bed, so that wasn't an option.

Sending pixie dust to everyone that they get the best rates for their early 2013 trips!!!
We will see you there! Family of 5 at POR 2/23 - 3/4 so we'll be in the same area!

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cse View Post
I made a reservation around 6pm EST yesterday for a standard room at POFQ and had no trouble getting it. We are looking at early Feb. and he said there was plenty of rooms available for our dates. I guess it may be a problem with your dates or just with the CM you talked to. I imagine you could always try again as long as you don't mind the time on hold.
With the discount or rack rate on the website?

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125

With the discount or rack rate on the website?
That's what I thought. I figured that poster was talking about non discounted availability.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
WDWPooh
Mouseketeer

I will keep my fingers crossed for you OP!
I have a AKL pool view booked now. Of course that isnt included on room discount. Thinking of switching to Poly to fulfill a life long dream, but hoping and prayign there aer rooms left on Wed.
All you people on here better leave me a room there for the 1st week of march

good luck all
WDWPooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: