Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #706
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Marita -- your could always set up a vegetable stand. I had one little tomato plant and that was more then enough for us. It was in a pot too , no garden to much work weeding etc.

My parents always had a huge garden, as kids we would go out and eat all the peas and bean of the stalk even before they could pick them.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #707
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

one year...we had SOOOOOOOOOO many tomatoes........early girls, big boys, and even the little cherry tomato ones.......we gave and gave and gave to the neighbors...after a while they said..NO MORE...so we gave them to others...
Same with the cukes....
Today is over cast out...we had yesterday which was a gorgeous day...I mean gorgeous...warm and sunny...big sigh here....

Hope you guys are all well...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #708
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Pumba- I wish we could harden like that. Florida has some harsh weather conditions and sandy nutrient free ground that it is hard to garden. I can only grow herbs. But we'll try again. 😏

Chad got a new job working for the hospital system here. He works for plant operations, they do all the maintenance and stuff. He mostly does electrical work. He loves it. It is what we have been waiting for. He only started out with little bit more money , but the benefits are great. He and I finally have health insurance and he gets like 20 paid days off a year. Which is soooo many for us. Plus no more traveling all over Florida for work and job security. We are so blessed.

Homeschooling is going smoothly. Isaac is only 4 but is flying through kindergarten. Ellie is growing so much. She is 3 now.

We are taking the kids up to Disney for 2 days in October. They have weekday select passes and Chad has a Friday off in October. So we are taking Thursday off also. Can't wait!

How has everyone been?

Marta- how are your health problems?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #709
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

MP, that's awesome about Chad's job, I sort of followed along on FB.
My health is ok except for walking any kind of distance, I need to see if I can the doc pin that down soon.

Nab, me selling veggies will never happen, LOL, just not in my DNA.

I went on a United Way tour today with work for a shelter/school/daycare for pregnant teens. They do an awesome job, but boy, seeing those girls! They were soooooo young, almost like children themselves. I thought, what are they doing even thinking about sex and getting pregnant? Most were minority too.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #710
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Marita- things are so different with kids now. It's normal to be having sex in middle school. :-( very sad.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #711
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Hey all!
I've officially started the planning journal for our wedding. Check out the link in my signature!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #712
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

OMG married...when ....I guess I need to get on facebook more with you guys...I am missing the boat...
CONGRATS anyways...

Today is whaaaaaaaaaa over cast again...I hate this dreary weather...this is KT's weekend to come south and be with Scott...last weekend he went north...they do love each other...

WHEN my sister is in Florida for six or so months...she does the tomato plants in big big containers...like the size of the ones that had driveway sealer in...THAT SIZE...anyways..she did two or three of those and had plenty of tomatoes for the season she was there...when they are in NY ..they do the same thing...well she said in Florida you never can tell if you have a fast frost...and they have to come into her enclosure...

making lasagna for supper so I had better finish cooking the sauce..its been on for three hours...so maybe almost done...

have a good day everyone..

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #713
NAB

Yes Mommy P is right middle age kids are talking and having sex Marita. It is sad. And what is sadder is that I try my darnest to keep Nicholas on the right path but if he doesn't knows about protection. The girls are just as bad as the guys I found out. I was hoping he would date a girl that would say no but there are so many that are willing. I know this by his text messages I check once and awhile.

Celery-- Happy to see you again...Congrats you and Wes have been together a long time haven't you?

Pumba-- You make your own sauce...it must be so yummy mine comes from a can or bottle depending on what is on sale that week. I know I should cook from scratch my MIL always did so hubby really misses out. I am a convience cook, or just a basic meat, potato/rice, veggy girl. Nothing fancy.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #714
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Nab - do you consider 5 months a long time?

Pumba - I haven't announced it on facebook yet. I'm waiting until I have a ring and we've talked to Disney about the date.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #715
NAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Nab - do you consider 5 months a long time?

Pumba - I haven't announced it on facebook yet. I'm waiting until I have a ring and we've talked to Disney about the date.
Darn I was thinking Bill? with the two kids I think. Well now I need a picture..

Can't wait to see the ring! What is he waiting for?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #716
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Celery - A wedding? Wow, I had no idea! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of the ring and then the wedding! Chad and I got married after only knowing/dating each other for 3 months. We are happier than ever now 13 years later.

Pumba - I want to can tomatoes next season for my own sauce. We are getting away from all processed/refined foods. But one place I cave is jarred spaghetti sauce. Of course we are losers when it comes to growing things, so I'll have to wait until the local farm has their day old tomatoes for sale in 10lb buckets.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #717
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Hey all!
I've officially started the planning journal for our wedding. Check out the link in my signature!

Wow, Cel, that is just awesome! Congratulations!!

Heading over to your journal post haste...
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #718
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

home made sauce is easier then picking up the sauce from the store...just two cans of crushed tomatoes...one small can of paste...I saute some onions and green peppers and then the burger....maybe a pound or so...then add those tomatoes and paste and cook on simmer for 4 or so hours...longer for more flavor and shorter if you are in a rush...makes more then a jar for sure..I sometimes put in bone in skin off boiled chicken thighs and omg that cooks for hours too and the taste is awesome..the chicken falls off the bones and the flavor from the sauce gets into the chicken..
I do buy ragu for the omg what are we eating for supper...

Amber..I did read your posts..you are something else and I am wicked excited (maine talk) for you...

Last edited by pumba; 10-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #719
NAB

Someone really turned down the thermostat. It freezing this morning.

Off to church then home for some turkey and pumpkin pie, or maybe some cherry cheesecake. Either one doesn't have sugar right. Guess it will have to be a small bite size piece. Usually I have both and not a small piece either. Then bring some home. My mom always makes dinner for an army, always thinks she will run out or someone will come that she didn't know was coming.

Okteberfest parade is tomorrow too haven't seen that in years. Kitchener Waterloo is huge with there Okterberfest stuff, hats with big feathers and pins. They have a ton of German clubs running it too. Love all the dresses, drundels?

Hope the sun makes an appears today....

Have a Great Sunday everyone and Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #720
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Nab I think the thermostat read 63 this morning plus there was a frost warning through the night.

I can't believe we are well into October already. I have 61 days left until graduation.

I got a call from a local school district Wednesday asking me if I was interested in a long term sub position. I so wish! I have to graduate and complete certification first, which I am all on track to do and on time.

I thanked her for thinking of me and asked her to keep me in mind for anything else that may come up.

I get observed in the morning by an instructor at WSU, so fun fun fun! Mondays are always crazy cause the students are just trying to get back to normal. I think we give these kids the most normalcy. Wish me luck.

Went to the Tiger game last night, sat next to the biggest bunch of creeps. I hate when people have no care about their conduct. Grown men foul language, drunk, smoking, and just crude. One of them kept falling all over me and Tim changed seats with me.

Have a great week!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: