Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
ammag
DIS Veteran

will tink. surprises in hotel be ruined if brother doesnt get?

Dd is 5, DS is 1. Ive bought a few little things I wanted to leave as gifts from tinkerbell but just realized today that because he is a baby I havent bought anything for our son. would your 5 yr old think its odd that her brother didnt get anything? I have a silk rose for one night, bought a blue flower for him. (prob first night) I dont want the jig to be up! she definitely believes in santa tooth fairy etc. should i just say they are from us and skip the magic?

(if it matters, there is a little animal coin purse, stickers, a small puzzle, the flower, trading card things, merida nightgown, little game for waiting)

I dont have the cash or tme to go and try to find stuff fr a one year old....seems wasteful? what would you do?
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Honestly she may not even notice that he didn't get anything. Or if she does then tell her Tinkerbell picks one special kid a day to get a surprise and she got it.
Brook730 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

It just really depends on how self centered your 5 year old is. My oldest would have never noticed his siblings exclusion at that age, my younger 2 would though. If your daughter does notice, you can tell her that her brother is too young that's why he didn't get a surprise. I'm sure she's pretty used to being told he's too young for some things, so she should accept that answer readily.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Like PP said, Tink thought brother was too young and did not bring anything for him. Or Tink thought DD would/could share with her brother some of the things, maybe.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would include her brother in a way that really won't cost you anymore money. Leave him things that you would need for him anyway; a pack of goldfish crackers, a bottle of juice, any new items you may have bought him for the trip such as a tooth brush or sleeper etc, a jar of his favorite baby or toddler fruit.
Just remember she may, or may not believe that tinker bell is real and brought her they gifts. DS on our trip he was 5, was amazed that someone was pretending to be tinker bell and being pulled across the sky on that high rope. He did not believe that the character were real. He does believe in Santa, but not the Easter Bunny.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
gr8leg8
the big 3
Not sure I would have seen, if I wasn't looking for tags...

My first thought was a few coloring pages.
She could help him color them.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Zobie
Earning My Ears

How about a cute pair of Disney baby socks. You will love the cute factor, not a big expense, and then everyone is getting a little something.
Zobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
disykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
I would include her brother in a way that really won't cost you anymore money. Leave him things that you would need for him anyway; a pack of goldfish crackers, a bottle of juice, any new items you may have bought him for the trip such as a tooth brush or sleeper etc, a jar of his favorite baby or toddler fruit.
Just remember she may, or may not believe that tinker bell is real and brought her they gifts. DS on our trip he was 5, was amazed that someone was pretending to be tinker bell and being pulled across the sky on that high rope. He did not believe that the character were real. He does believe in Santa, but not the Easter Bunny.
I agree with all of this. My younger son's first Christmas Santa brought him a bunch of really useful stuff. Can you imagine if Santa had forgotten little brother?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
camper06
Mouseketeer

I am doing the same thing for my grandchildren (GS5 and GD1). I had the same dilemma - wondering if he would notice if his sister didn't get anything. I was able to go to the dollar store and picked up a couple things - princess sippy cup, a couple of the magic washcloths, and a couple bath toys.

So if you are going with the Tink surprise, I would pick up stuff for DS in case she does notice. Or, as others have said, at least bring things that you have that you can use for his surprise.

Have a great trip!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Santa would not only bring presents for one kid. Why would Tink not do like Santa?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
iamfishie
Earning My Ears

My Tink would notice! It's best to find some little stuff, doesn't have to be the exact same, for your little guy, too.
iamfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

I would just bring a few things that you are going to use anyways.. I agree with the crackers/juice.. maybe a new pacifier, a new hat, bitter biscuit, a new big, even some baby lotion..you could even take some stuff from home that dont get used much( that sister my not have seen) and bring those.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
This

It won't cost you anything extra and you won't have to worry about answering why her brother didn't get anything. My kids would definately notice if one of them got a gift and their sibling didn't.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

extra coins for the pressed penny machines..he could add them to his book each day.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: