Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #1006
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

Bo Duke - you seem to be understanding this discount better than most! Do you know how they are going to price out the deluxe DP in the offer?

I have to wait for the GP offer but am guessing the 35% RO discount (if it applies to my room) will be much better than the p/s/d? Can you give me any insight

We are 2 adults:
5 nights
deluxe DP
AKL Aursha View Room
4 day park tickets (will updgrade to 6 days if needed for the discount)

With the p/s/d, assuming I did my math right and other comments I've read about the deluxe DP, I would only save a couple hundred dollars. With the 35% RO I'd save close to $700. p/s/d doesn't seem to save much for a party of 2 on the deluxe DP...but I may totally be misunderstanding how they are doing pricing.
It looks like the reg dining plan is what is offered with all resorts except values. So with that being said I am going to guess the ddp will have to be an upgrade and you will end up paying the difference.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #1007
shpdem
Mouseketeer

How do u get a Disney debit card?

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #1008
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
It looks like the reg dining plan is what is offered with all resorts except values. So with that being said I am going to guess the ddp will have to be an upgrade and you will end up paying the difference.
Boo! I was really hoping that I'd get the DDP at the DDP kids price - that would have been a good deal! However, if I can get the 35% room discount at AKL that'll be a better discount than even FD with the upgrade to the ddp.

Thanks
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #1009
Tallent
Mouseketeer

Huh?

Just got off the phone and I'm a little confused now....I called to see if I could still get the visa code applied to my current reservation. I tried last night and got cold feet about putting it on my credit card---I thought about it today and realized there was no real guarantee what the offer released on the 10th would be so I called again tonight to go ahead and use the code. Initially, on the first call last night the cm said if I used the code I'd have to put down another deposit on my visa. I didn't book so didn't do that. So I just got off the phone again, and after changing from std rm at POFQ with no dining to POR preferred room with dining (added an extra $250 but that's for 2 adults and one child (tho one of those is only 11 lol) so I think that's pretty good!) I realized the cm never asked for my visa number. She just reminded me of when the balance is due. I just checked my reservation and all of the changes are there---dining, new resort, new room category, etc. Doesn't say anything about the visa code anywere. The majority of my trip is already paid for and isn't on the disney visa so I'm a little unclear about this....

Last edited by Tallent; 10-05-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Tallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #1010
DeborahA
DIS Veteran

I am bummed. I called last night to see if I could apply some sort of discount to an existing ressie. We are Disney Visa card holders, Florida residents, AP holders and AAA members. You would think one of those would get us a discount right? Well I have a room only with dining, at rack rate and paying for the dining. NOTHING available for us. The CM said he was sure something will come up in the next month. Oh well.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #1011
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA
I am bummed. I called last night to see if I could apply some sort of discount to an existing ressie. We are Disney Visa card holders, Florida residents, AP holders and AAA members. You would think one of those would get us a discount right? Well I have a room only with dining, at rack rate and paying for the dining. NOTHING available for us. The CM said he was sure something will come up in the next month. Oh well.
When is your planned trip?

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #1012
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA
You must have an AP ticketless package so you couldn't get any package discount offer without adding tickets. To keep your AP ticketless package, you have to pay rack rate for your room or have an AP discount room. So nothing but an AP room rate is going to work in your case, unless you are willing to change your package to a normal type that includes tickets.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #1013
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA View Post
if you are inside the window what they are saying is wrong unless you are giving bad info. it is, i would like to book, insert dates here, using Q85 code and my disney visa, its that simple.......................
Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #1014
dalt01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You must have an AP ticketless package so you couldn't get any package discount offer without adding tickets. To keep your AP ticketless package, you have to pay rack rate for your room or have an AP discount room. So nothing but an AP room rate is going to work in your case, unless you are willing to change your package to a normal type that includes tickets.
of course that is unless this is the case, good catch
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #1015
jd4nati
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpdem
How do u get a Disney debit card?
It's available to Chase bank customers. It takes the place of your regular debit card.
jd4nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1016
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

I think we got a pretty good deal...I hope anyway. After being on hold for an hour this is how I came out. Ressie at POR royal room with 2 adults 2 DD's ages 14 and 12. Jan 11-leaving 16th with five days base tickets. Originally my price was 2282.00. I had the option of 30 percent off room only for savings of 241.00 or s/p/d . That cost me an extra 134.00. When I priced it out online it looks like I saved 974.00 on dining. Does that sound right? If I am correct I think that is a great deal
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #1017
Bo Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking
I think we got a pretty good deal...I hope anyway. After being on hold for an hour this is how I came out. Ressie at POR royal room with 2 adults 2 DD's ages 14 and 12. Jan 11-leaving 16th with five days base tickets. Originally my price was 2282.00. I had the option of 30 percent off room only for savings of 241.00 or s/p/d . That cost me an extra 134.00. When I priced it out online it looks like I saved 974.00 on dining. Does that sound right? If I am correct I think that is a great deal
That does sound correct

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #1018
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Question- is there a difference between Q85 and DV? I just said I was a DV holder. Is Q85 a different deal. I was actually shocked we got something marathon weekend because even the CM earlier in the week told me they never give a deal that weekend.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #1019
Kevin_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie.. View Post
We booked POR Garden View room plus dining for 4 adults. We added the Play/Stay/Dine discount. 7 days/6 nights - 5 day park hoppers. January 8 - 14, 2013.

Before discount: $3968.90
After discount: 2806.48

SAVINGS: $1,162,56

This was a huge savings. At first the CM just gave me the room only discount and said that was all there was. But I asked her to use the coupon code (Q85 I think) and she said -"wow, you're going to like this much better!!"
That definitely seems better than just getting the dining plan and park tickets at the kids price (which I calculate as $3321.48). Good deal!
Kevin_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #1020
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
That does sound correct
Great! I'm dang near excited to have any discount.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: