DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimon View Post
So did they remove the hardwire ports? Last time we were at WDW and just last week at DL, the hardwire ports were still there even though the wireless was in place.

They don't push the hardwire anymore, but I was able to find the ports and use them with our own wifi router as usual. If they actually removed the hardwire, I would be surprised.
Reports from people staying at WDW is that the wired connections are no longer live.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Reports from people staying at WDW is that the wired connections are no longer live.
That is correct. We tried. The person at the front said they have all been disconnected. Crazy! Not sure what to do next time. Even on vacation DH does have to work 20 or 30 or so minutes each day. He is a director of a large IT department. Lucky he has his Blackberry for emails. But he needs to get on to the company server through a laptop for things like payroll and such. He spent a lot of time on the phone this trip because of the Wi-Fi issue.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
Moparlar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
That is correct. We tried. The person at the front said they have all been disconnected. Crazy! Not sure what to do next time. Even on vacation DH does have to work 20 or 30 or so minutes each day. He is a director of a large IT department. Lucky he has his Blackberry for emails. But he needs to get on to the company server through a laptop for things like payroll and such. He spent a lot of time on the phone this trip because of the Wi-Fi issue.
Depending on the phone and carrier he might be able to use his phone as a hotspot for the laptop to get online to do his work.

Larry
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimon View Post
So did they remove the hardwire ports? Last time we were at WDW and just last week at DL, the hardwire ports were still there even though the wireless was in place.

They don't push the hardwire anymore, but I was able to find the ports and use them with our own wifi router as usual. If they actually removed the hardwire, I would be surprised.
Yep, the wiring is there but the racks are non-op. Typical, half step forward two steps back. What is there is the same as not having anything at all. We were there last Christmas (BLT) and i could not connect on my computers. After staying on hold for days one started to connect but the other wouldn't (and i do mean days not just being sarcastic - they really don't care). I eventually gave up and used my sprint phone to tether. As i said in my last post about this back in Jan. DVC...get it working or refund back the telecommunications part of our maintenance fees. We are directly paying for internet access as well as telephone. It isn't free.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
pam0909
Earning My Ears

We just got back and the WiFi was TERRIBLE!! I got one good connection during the entire 9 day stay for a few minutes and that was it. WiFi wasn't necessary for us but if it was I would definitely go a different route (i.e. tether, etc.).
pam0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
wdrl
DIS Veteran

We just returned from Aulani. The wi-fi in our villa and lobby was great and we had no problems with connectivity or losing the signal.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Bonnie151
DIS Veteran

We just got back from VWL - my wifi connection was great but DH couldn't get his to stay connected for more than a minute at a time! He was going through our iPads to figure out what difference there was between our settings but eventually gave up. Mine was fine!

Yes I can spell, but my iPad quite often thinks I'd rather type gibberish.
Bonnie151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #23
famcruisefun
Mouseketeer

Can someone confirm for me - have they disconnected/done away with the wired internet connection in the rooms at OKW? We have an airport we had used on past trips - prior to wifi at the resorts. Other question - has anyone had any good wifi experiences at OKW and if so, where in the resort did you find a good connection? We'll be there this coming weekend - college age son joining us - I'm sure he'll need to be "connected" for at least a bit over the weekend to do work or submit assignments.
Thanks all!

Took my parents for their first tripto the world January 2010! BWV Grand Villa!!
First Food and Wine and first adults-only trip Oct 2010!
Food and Wine once again! - October 2011!
Taking the kids - who are no longer kids - to their first FOOD and WINE!! Oct 2012!!
famcruisefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #24
ton80
Darts Anyone!

No problem with the WIFI in June while we were in a 1 br standard at AKV.

ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #25
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

We were at OKW for a week in mid-September and wifi was OK around the resort. I did have to reconnect/authenticate periodically, but it wasn't anything that was a huge issue. If I worked from their full-time all year, yes, it would get annoying. But for going online during a week of vacation, it was OK.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
disneybirds
DIS Veteran

We were there in June at BCV and the WiFi was terrible. If you could get on, you weren't on for long. We ended up using my DH hotspot the whole time. He has Sprint and I don't remember it being too bad.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I was at VGC last week and they have both wired and wireless. I brought my router in case the wireless was bad (last time could only get 1 bar). I needed it because my laptop would not connect to the wireless, I didn't get the terms & conditions screen and support could not help me. I wired up the router and it worked.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
WDWCNY
Earning My Ears

We are at BLT now. We checked in on 10/4 and have not had a problem with WIFI. Room is on the fifth floor.
WDWCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
Cee
DIS Veteran

I just returned from BCV and the wifi was non-existent. I was unable to use my iPad at all. Terrible.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #30
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Saratoga Springs this summer and the connectivity wasn't great. If your planning to use the Internet alot and for important things then I would suggest bringing some sort of 'booster' if that makes any sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: