Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey
i might be in the minority, but i much prefer WDW after the cruise It is just too hard to leave the ship without having something fun to look forward to. Enjoy!
We thought that after our last cruise when we did WDW first, then the ship, then flew straight home. So next time we are doing WDW, then the cruise, then have 6 more nights in Florida which we are still planning. But then we are flying from the uk so have to make the most it while we get the chance. Plus DS is still only 6 so it is easier to take him out of school now than it will be in a few years.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
The Maleficent One
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
There are no specific deals for cruising and a WDW visit - but you very well might find a good discount offered at WDW depending on when you go. There could be free dining and/or a room discount. I believe this is why they stopped doing the set land/sea combos, because it was so restrictive and people preferred to get other deals that weren't available with a land/sea. Good luck!
TY LaneJudy,

Yes we plan our trips in the non peak seasons. We son't have kids so it works well for us and does turn out to be cheaoer and usually has free dining of some sort.

2007- Honeymoon at All Star Sports!
2008- All Star Music w/ Free Dining!
2010- Pop Century w/ Free Dining!
2012- Alaska on the Disney Wonder!
Every week- Disneyland!
The Maleficent One is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

We leave next Friday for our combo cruise/WDW trip. We had wanted to do WDW first but the cruise schedule (wanted a 4 night cruise) didn't work out with our schedule so this is what we are doing.

Flying to FL on Friday and we hired a shuttle service (6 people traveling) to take us to our hotel in Cocoa Beach (Ron Jon Resort). We will be at the resort Friday and Sat night.

We board our cruise on Sunday and it ends Thursday morning. We are taking the Magical Express to our WDW hotel and will spend the rest of Thursday, Friday and Sat at WDW. We will sleep at WDW Sat night and have Sunday morning/early afternoon flights home and will use the free magical express shuttle to get to the airport.

We know we will get home happy but very tired after ending the trip at WDW! For us, we have our 4 1/2 and 6 year old DD"s and my 71 (almost 72) year old parents traveling with us. We are not doing a see it all/do it all trip - we plan to take it easy and give my kids a taste of WDW. WE are only doing Magic Kingdom and plan to do a rest time each day and are only planning to be at the park late on the last night (fireworks). The 1st night at WDW, we have 5:15 dinner reservations at our hotel and plan to have an early night since we will have gotten up early and the next night we have dinner reservations at Cinderella's Castle at 5:20 and again, plan to head back to the hotel for an early night that night as well.

I think the order you do things will be determined by what you want out of each part and the schedule, how flexible you are with what is open when you want to go. Most people I know prefer the cruise second since you can be more relaxed, walk less, etc.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

We always do 2 or 3 days at WDW before our cruise (4 or 7 day) and then follow it up with another 4 or 5 days at WDW, usually at the Beach Club Villas, we just love their pool.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
The Maleficent One
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post
We always do 2 or 3 days at WDW before our cruise (4 or 7 day) and then follow it up with another 4 or 5 days at WDW, usually at the Beach Club Villas, we just love their pool.
SO after talking to the DH I think we have settled on doing 2-3 days and then the cruise as well. We will see since there's plenty of time and we are still waiting for the 2014 schedule

2007- Honeymoon at All Star Sports!
2008- All Star Music w/ Free Dining!
2010- Pop Century w/ Free Dining!
2012- Alaska on the Disney Wonder!
Every week- Disneyland!
The Maleficent One is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: