Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

Disneyland Express SNA

Panning on flying into SNA and taking Disneyland Express to the Fairfield By Marriott across from the park. Only problem I foresee is that our flight arrives at 8:30pm, and The bus leaves hourly... So if, in getting off the plane, getting our bags, etc, takes more than 30 minutes we will have to wait another hour! That's not ideal with a 6 year old whose body will be on central time.

Anybody have any other suggestions? We didn't plan on bringing a booster seat or anything, which we would need for a cab.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
mrswh
DIS Veteran

You will be fine as long as your flight arrives on time. On our last trip, we flew into the last gate in Terminal C (the farthest possible from the DLRE pickup) and were able to get our bags and get to the pickup in about 20 minutes. (This was me and two kids.)

If you get in late and have to catch the next bus, you can always go back in and get a snack/dinner. It's a nice airport with plenty of food options.

I don't think there is any other (safe and/or legal) way of getting a 6 year old from SNA to DLR without a booster.
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

A number of online stores sell a product called BubbleBum.
It is an inflatable booster seat that is approved for car travel.

Product Description
The award winning BubbleBum Inflatable Booster Seat is the only cost-effective, portable, lightweight, safety approved, inflatable car booster seat for children aged between 4-11. It easily deflates and folds flat so that children or moms can carry it in backpacks or handbags. BubbleBum is perfect for holidays, rental cars, taxis, school trips or car pooling. Kids love the funky colors and cool design! The compact design makes it easy to fit 3 kids across the rear seat! The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety named BubbleBum a "Best Bet" among all booster seats sold in the USA and recently BubbleBum won the PTPA Award - Parent Tested, Parent Approved.

min weight 40 lbs
Max weight 100lbs

babies r us,overstock and target.com are selling them for $39.99
amazon is $42.99

if you get one of these you can get a cab.

Hope this helped
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Jacchus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensDaddy View Post
Only problem I foresee is that our flight arrives at 8:30pm, and The bus leaves hourly... So if, in getting off the plane, getting our bags, etc, takes more than 30 minutes we will have to wait another hour!
If you were cutting it close when you landed, you could send a runner from your party directly to the pickup point (to the left when you exit the building from the baggage claim area) and tell the people at the stand that your party is on its way/collecting its luggage...
Jacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
ryleeranger
Ah man, I am trying to do the same thing as you..

Thanks for pointing this out. I was just about to book our shuttle for this Saturday. Our plane lands at 12:30 and now I'm worried about getting to the shuttle by 1. We aren't checking any luggage, but we are travelling with a 5 and 2 year old who don't move as fast as we do. Hmm...
ryleeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Tink60
Mouseketeer

Quick questions for all the shuttle experts out there.... Is it a large bus or like a van shuttle? We are traveling with our 11 month granddaughter at the end of Nov. Do we need to travel with her car seat for the shuttle ( I would feel better her being in the car seat) and if we have the car seat, can the shuttle accommodate the car seat?
Thank you all you traveling Disney moms and dads out there for helping us "traveling with little ones" newbies.

Me DH DS28 DD & DS-in-law new granddaughter
Tink60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Jacchus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
Quick questions for all the shuttle experts out there.... Is it a large bus or like a van shuttle? We are traveling with our 11 month granddaughter at the end of Nov. Do we need to travel with her car seat for the shuttle ( I would feel better her being in the car seat) and if we have the car seat, can the shuttle accommodate the car seat?
Thank you all you traveling Disney moms and dads out there for helping us "traveling with little ones" newbies.
It's a large bus. Very nice, clean, and comfortable.

No idea about the car seat. I'm sure one would fit, but I'm not sure there are seatbelts to secure them.
Jacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
mrswh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeranger View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I was just about to book our shuttle for this Saturday. Our plane lands at 12:30 and now I'm worried about getting to the shuttle by 1. We aren't checking any luggage, but we are travelling with a 5 and 2 year old who don't move as fast as we do. Hmm...
Double check the schedule - last we were there, the shuttles ran every half hour until 3:00 p.m., and every hour after that. So you should be fine.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
mrswh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
It's a large bus, and there is no way to secure a car seat. (Though you could still put in on the seat if she is asleep - and you will surely want it on the plane.) But, because of its size and design, she - and you- are safer on a large bus like the DLRE than in a car seat in a cab or rental car.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacchus
If you were cutting it close when you landed, you could send a runner from your party directly to the pickup point (to the left when you exit the building from the baggage claim area) and tell the people at the stand that your party is on its way/collecting its luggage...
Wonder if that would work. I would hate to delay an entire bus just for us, but also don't want to wait another hour at 9pm when we really just want to get to the hotel and get to bed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: