Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #3511
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Pop Warner Info!

I heard from Buzz this morning with some Pop Warner news. CSR will be one of the moderates available to Pop Warner groups. Here is the info from Buzz:

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*

Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th

We have never been at a resort with the Pop Warner crowds, but I have heard some bad things about the parent chaperones (more so than the kids). There shouldn't be any scheduled activities at CSR as far as I know, but it might be crowded with football teams. Just FYI!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #3512
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

So bummed to see this. We have a reservation for CSR from 12/1 - 12/8.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #3513
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Run, run away as fast as you can!

Oh, hi Andy. I didn't know you ventured away from the safe harbors of the DDC.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #3514
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Run, run away as fast as you can!

Oh, hi Andy. I didn't know you ventured away from the safe harbors of the DDC.
Don't spend too much time away from the usual TR's and DDC, but venture out every once in a while.

I think I'm going to try to work on my sales pitch to get it switched.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #3515
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
To be fair, most of the problems I have read about Pop Warner have been at the value resorts. I think they are more heavily booked than the moderates. But I wanted to get the word out for anyone who might want to change dates or resorts.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #3516
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Don't spend too much time away from the usual TR's and DDC, but venture out every once in a while.

I think I'm going to try to work on my sales pitch to get it switched.
I don't think it would be that bad. I think the mods are for overflow... the whole resort shouldn't be packed with them.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #3517
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
To be fair, most of the problems I have read about Pop Warner have been at the value resorts. I think they are more heavily booked than the moderates. But I wanted to get the word out for anyone who might want to change dates or resorts.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #3518
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Yeah, it is a tough call. We're stuck with that week and really would like to get a stay in at CSR since we've never been there yet. It is just frustrating. Although I'm already frustrated with the park hour changes and other schedule conflicts that have already been caused by the Fantasyland opening that week.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #3519
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are staying put. We used to be part of Pop Warner YEARS ago. It was more the parents than the kids. But I think with the problems in the past and Disney putting their foot down, I think you will see that it won't be as much of a problem, if any, as in the past. I also think Mary is right...it is worse at the values. But I will be going down to the front desk and complaining if I see things out of hand.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #3520
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Maybe I can just use it as an exuse to get DW moving so we can spend more time in the parks.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #3521
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I can just use it as an exuse to get DW moving so we can spend more time in the parks.
Now that's a good idea.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #3522
StitchandPooh'sMom

And now some good news . . .

Here's some info from Buzz about CSR's new club lounge:

Opening January 2013!
Coconino Cove – the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort – will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.
Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:
Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week

Sounds kind of like club level lite, with a smaller price tag. I'm not sure what semi-exclusive means, exactly.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #3523
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I don't think it would be that bad. I think the mods are for overflow... the whole resort shouldn't be packed with them.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the folks over on the POR FAQ thread can tell you some nightmare stories about Pop Warner week when POR used to be the choice moderate hotel. In the past, it was always POR and the All Stars offered. Last year it was the All Stars and CBR offered due to the POR refurbs. We on the POR thread assumed it would be the same this year since lots of the POR room inventory is now royal rooms, so I am surprised to hear that they now have two moderate resort offerings. I wonder why... if they are expecting more people than usual or if they are trying to spread the group a little thinner...

In a nutshell, the horror stories revolved around intoxicated parents, cheerleaders and pre-teens running rampant across the resort at all hours, noise, taking up the pools, etc. I can't speak to it personally nor can I speculate on how it may be this year with more hotels offered than usual, but the general consensus has always been you will have no problem with pop warner week so long as you avoid the hotels they are staying at. Disappointed to hear CSR is offered now because I was considering pop warner week at CSR for next year
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #3524
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's some info from Buzz about CSR's new club lounge:

Opening January 2013!
Coconino Cove – the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort – will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.
Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:
Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special
requests
Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building
9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and
convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week

Sounds kind of like club level lite, with a smaller price tag. I'm not sure what
semi-exclusive means, exactly.
I just noticed this option when the website was back up earlier...they have it listed under business class. It was a little over $500 more than the preferred VW. I'm definitely going to call tomorrow to find out more. We really enjoyed CSR back in '09 and we really enjoy club level so I'd be anxious to hear what you get for that price. If it is more of a club level, I'd seriously consider this option for our trip next August as it would be much cheaper than club level at a deluxe.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #3525
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heard from Buzz this morning with some Pop Warner news. CSR will be one of the moderates available to Pop Warner groups. Here is the info from Buzz:

A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at these select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels*

Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th

We have never been at a resort with the Pop Warner crowds, but I have heard some bad things about the parent chaperones (more so than the kids). There shouldn't be any scheduled activities at CSR as far as I know, but it might be crowded with football teams. Just FYI!
We are scheduled to check in on Sunday the 9th. Is the event over on Saturday the 8th or Sunday the 9th? When do you think they will be checking out and leaving? Thanks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: