Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #661
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Becky – I always enjoy your facebook pics! Did you have dinner at Laura’s? I miss her and the kiddos so much.

Marilyn – Good luck to the team!

PIO – I hope you get to spend some time with your two guys this weekend!

Lauren – It’s always something, hopefully your paint repairs aren’t too $$$. How is Andrew feeling? I didn’t know there was a Food & Wine run!

Going to one of my favorite restaurants in the city tonight. It’s John Besh’s place in the National WWII Museum and they make the best French 75 cocktail:

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/american-sector/
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #662
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Kat, Here is the info on this years run:

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

Have fun tonight. I really need to get down to visit you. Tom would also love the WWII museum...
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #663
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi my friends,

I have a minute so I wanted to check in and try to catch up a bit ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Going to one of my favorite restaurants in the city tonight. It’s John Besh’s place in the National WWII Museum and they make the best French 75 cocktail:

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/american-sector/
Have fun ~ you always go to the neatest places. Someday Doug and I just have to pay a visit to NO.

Aimee ~ I am so proud of you. Way to go!!

Lauren ~ I would love your Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe recipe. I haven't joined Pinterest yet. I just can't join one more thing right now.
I am so proud of you for your race in WDW. The kids and I are planning on doing the 2014 Princess Marathon.

Glynis ~ How is the costume gathering going?
Yea for your new ticker.

PIO ~ enjoy your schedule free weekend. How are you feeling?

Nan ~ I love to iron. So I totally understand!!

Robin ~ Have a good weekend.

Becky ~ I love your picture. I hope you start feeling better.
Please tell Laura hi. I really miss her. Is she getting along ok? I really worry about her.

Bethany ~ God love ya sweetie - I gave up on your Trip Report. I loved your Princess one though. I printed it off and gave it to my kids and actually it is because of you that we decided we want to run it.

Merle ~ Good luck to your GS on his game. I have my fingers crossed.

Vickie ~ Good for you for teaching the boy how to iron. That is something that will come in very handy on his own.

You all won't believe this but it is snowing. Yep!! It was 95 here yesterday and it is snowing today. Such is life in Nebraska and on the plains. No wonder we are all sick!!

I had a parishoner bring in a sack of tomatoes yesterday. We were forcasted with a freeze warning so he wanted them out. So last night Doug and I had our FIRST - yes first - BLT of the season. October 4th and we ate our first BLT and had our first garden fresh tomato. Crazy - just crazy. It was so good though!!

WFDT ~ Pizza. Jay and Elizabeth are completely out of their old house and can't get into to their new house until Wednesday. So we are all meeting at the local Pizza place for a few pitchers of beer and pizza. We all deserve it!!! Matthew is coming home for the weekend so the whole family will be here.

Make it a great day all!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #664
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
OMG! You'll lose it training for your next. I am having so much trouble loosing weight especially with working out all the time. I think my lack of thyroid/meds has something to do with it. I feel good though!

Thank you again for all the good thoughts on the 10 miler. I think I may do the Food and Wine run next year! I have an itch now! I really want to work on getting my time down and my foot is doing better. I may see a pediatrist though...just in case. The orthopedic did nothing for me.
I think my never-ending sinus infections played a large role in not being active. It was all I could do to get through the work day. Moving too fast made me dizzy.

I want to do another Disney race. I don't know what, but I'm aiming for 2014 or 2015 Princess or Wine & Dine. I need a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Bethany ~ God love ya sweetie - I gave up on your Trip Report. I loved your Princess one though. I printed it off and gave it to my kids and actually it is because of you that we decided we want to run it.

You all won't believe this but it is snowing. Yep!! It was 95 here yesterday and it is snowing today. Such is life in Nebraska and on the plains. No wonder we are all sick!!
I believe it! It's that time of year for that crazy weather in your parts! I saw from FB comments that Denver got some snow too.

Awwww Between the surgery and the hurricane and back to school, I totally fizzled out on my TR. At this point I WANT to finish it, but my crummy updating skills drove everybody away. Maybe I'll add a few more posts and see how it goes. And I'm glad I motivated somebody! That is a nice compliment.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #665
TigerKat

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Lauren - thanks for the info!

Ellen - WOW!! I can't believe y'all went from 95 to snow, that's CRAZY!!!

Bethany - Please finish your TR, I was enjoying it!!!

Yesterday we did a shrimp boil with corn, sausage and garlic. Today it's grilled chicken for me and burgers for the guys, scallion sweet potatoes and cauliflower gratin. I'm ahead of where I wanted to be on my weight loss, looks like I could be down 15 lbs by the time we leave!

Hopefully our team with no coach can get a win tonight. I'd better not get started on what I think of Goodell and the NFL or I'll run everyone away.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #666
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Jumping in.

The weekend was quiet in a busy way....or is that busy in a quiet way?

You know what I mean.

We went to one of the museums in town. It was the final weekend of the Ancient Wonders of Mesopotamia exhibit and I'd been meaning to go since it opened in April. Lucky we went early...seems like half of Melbourne had the same thought and I guess it was going to be one busy weekend close for the museum.
DS goes back to school today, so we had the standard rusharound last night to make sure we could find a clean uniform, check shoes, pack bag and start to think about lunches!

No sunshine this weekend....more grey skies. We had two glorious sunny days a couple of weeks ago and gave us a taste of summer. With the grey today, my cough is back. I felt so much better with the sun!

The year just seems to have flown by.

Hope you're all well.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #667
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:

Vickie ~ Good for you for teaching the boy how to iron. That is something that will come in very handy on his own.

My iron packed in last week so I had to buy a new one.
The boy was all excited and wanted to be the first one to use it...

Im not going to be much use at teaching him cookin skills ,so ma boy may need to eat out a lot when he leaves home, but atleast I can rest easy that he will have a crease free shirt to wear !!!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #668
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Bethany - Please finish your TR, I was enjoying it!!!

Yesterday we did a shrimp boil with corn, sausage and garlic. Today it's grilled chicken for me and burgers for the guys, scallion sweet potatoes and cauliflower gratin. I'm ahead of where I wanted to be on my weight loss, looks like I could be down 15 lbs by the time we leave!

Hopefully our team with no coach can get a win tonight. I'd better not get started on what I think of Goodell and the NFL or I'll run everyone away.
Awww, thanks! As soon as we get the paint squared away I can get back to giving the TR some attention. We got some samples of paint but the blue is a little too purple and DH wants a little bit lighter of a green. It looks a little Mardi Gras-ish up in here with the purple, green, and the builder beige. I love Mardi Gras, but that is NOT the look we are going for!

Your meals always sound so good! And congratulations on the weight loss!

Yes, please don't start on your opinions of Goodell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
My iron packed in last week so I had to buy a new one.
The boy was all excited and wanted to be the first one to use it...

Im not going to be much use at teaching him cookin skills ,so ma boy may need to eat out a lot when he leaves home, but atleast I can rest easy that he will have a crease free shirt to wear !!!
I have a tendency to iron creases into my clothes. That is what that air fluff feature on the dryer is for!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #669
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Merle ~ Good luck to your GS on his game. I have my fingers crossed.
Our poor boys lost. I think they just let all the hype about the other team get to them. If they continue to do well they will probably meet again and this time I think our boys will be determined to take them off their pedestal.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #670
TigerKat

PIO - Sure hope the future holds more sunshine for you. I get the dreary blues as well.

Vickie - Too funny that Matty had to be the first to use the new iron. Send that boy down here!!!

Marilyn - If the boys get another shot at them, they'll be at an advantage...revenge!!!

We have plenty of leftovers so that will be dinner tonight. bbl...
Old 10-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #671
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Ellen- BLT'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I really do hope that next summer is way better than this summer was. TOugh all over I think! Now don't work too hard

Kat- i am so jealous of your dining lately. Your travel dates are coming closer!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn- Well, that was a rough time for the boys Now you know I love my Lady Huskies and they have had some unbelievable seasons. Well, Gino used to say that one of the best learning experiences for them is a loss. He felt that they learned to be better players after that happened.

Vickie- I love that your Boy loves to iron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't count cooking out, my oldest learned to cook on his own and thank goodness for that..........Anna hates to cook. She bakes a lot but no cooling.

Piglet- I chuckled thinking about your Mardi Gras theme. I am so sorry about the other night, I had a paper due and was totally lost! Marisa was there to help me make sense of the directions.

PIO- I agree, this year has flown by! Glad you had a great weekend!

Becky- I miss Laura too! I still have all of the Christmas pictures on my cabinet and smile every time I see the kids. I hope that she is well.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #672
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

So I am mad at my DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! We have a pellet stove down in the basement. We did not purchase a pretty one because no one would see it. It is an industrial looking yucky thing. Buddy hates it. He has decided to haul that thing upstairs and install it "temporarily" and nothing I say is making a dent in this. Usually in our home the "no" has it but he is dead set on this. I normally have plenty to say but I am so angry I can't even say anything that I won't be sorry about.

On a better note, we are going to a masquerade ball so I need a mask YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas NOLA Ladies???????
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #673
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Vickie - I really need you to send that boy of yours over here. I'll look after him and keep him fed....he just needs to do my ironing in return! Great job, Mama!

Bethany - I still haven't gotten round to your TR yet but I will!!!!!

Marilyn - Sorry that your boys lost. Here's to next year....and payback.

Kat - sadly, the next 3 days is rain, hail and more cold weather. We'll be back in the low 50's.

Nancy - Can I admit that the year has flown by so fast that I'm now starting to think about Christmas? I need to start writing christmas cards.

It's Tuesday night and the cold change has just come through. Rain, rain and more rain outside...and I'm pretty sure it's cold; but I'm not sticking my nose out to check. An early night might be in order. We sprung forward with daylight saving at the weekend and I've been missing that hour. Woke up at my normal time this morning, which meant that I was an hour late. I've spent all day trying to chase that lost hour without success!

Have a good day everyone.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #674
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hey, everyone! I'm home for a couple of days!

I chaperoned Katie's Shakespeare competition team this last weekend! It was so much fun!!! Their team did so well! The ensemble scene (that Katie was in) placed 3rd overall (over 400 schools), and the 2 groups that did duo/trio scenes placed 2nd and 3rd. Our dance ensemble also placed 2nd in both their categories, and the student choreographer won a 1000 dollar scholarship! Our entire team placed 2nd in the Sweepstakes category! It was so thrilling!!! It was so amazing to be with these kids! They were so uplifting to each other! It was nice to be with kids who were trying to build each other's self esteem, and not tear it down!

When I got home, I was not best pleased! Alan and the kids left behind, had had too much fun while I was gone! The house was a wreck! I spent most of yesterday putting things back together! Laundry all day, dishes all day, etc. I don't know what they were eating/cooking out of because everything was dirty when I got home!

This week is a short one for us. Our school district has Fall Break Thursday, Friday and Monday. Luckily for us, it coincides with Alan's break from university, so we are planning a trip south to do some more work on his thesis project! It should be fun!

Dinner last night was tacos... Timmy's request. Tonight I am trying a new recipe for fall... Smoky pumpkin macaroni and cheese with ham.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #675
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Morning all. Today is my Saturday so I'm trying to catch up, here and everywhere else! There just hasn't been enough time in the day lately.

Glynis- I still can't believe Timmy is old enough to be requesting meals already!

Bethany- We just painted all of our rooms, the walls look nothing like the paint chips do! Fortunatly we still love the colors, but we thought we were picking out different shades of gray, but it sure looks a heck of a lot like blue to me! It worked out for the best though, our kitchen/dining room is a pale blue gray and with the white trim it reminds me of the Boardwalk.

Off to do some laundry, I'll try and get back later.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: