Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #931
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoiles
Hi,

I tried looking up more specific information but I was wondering if anyone did try the chairs at the Sum of All Thrills and if they did or did not fit. I thought it sounded like a great ride but I am not sure if I will fit being Pooh sized so will definitely try the test chairs first but also wanted to hear from others so I am more prepared.

Thanks!
Hi I am a pooh sized girl 5'5" 279 lbs and rode sum of all fears in March 2012 with no problems.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #932
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
Hi I am a pooh sized girl 5'5" 279 lbs and rode sum of all fears in March 2012 with no problems.
You seem to be about the same size as me (5'5" 275 lbs) so I hope I don't offend you with this question

How big is your bust area? I find that on most rides that I feel constricted in it isn't because of my waist/stomach but rather my bust area. I'm a D cup so not huge but I guess its just a smidge bigger than being able to ride comfortably. Did you have this problem on sum of all thrills? Thanks for your help!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #933
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73

You seem to be about the same size as me (5'5" 275 lbs) so I hope I don't offend you with this question

How big is your bust area? I find that on most rides that I feel constricted in it isn't because of my waist/stomach but rather my bust area. I'm a D cup so not huge but I guess its just a smidge bigger than being able to ride comfortably. Did you have this problem on sum of all thrills? Thanks for your help!
I understand completely!! I am a D sometimes DD and over the shoulder restraints often are horrible. However I went on Sum of all fears with my DD10 now 11 and had a blast. So relax and enjoy it.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #934
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73

my bust area is D sometimes DD and I completely understand feeling constricted. However I felt fine on all of the Disney rides and enjoyed myself immensely.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #935
kathleen simpson
Earning My Ears

I am 5'7 and size 28
May 2013 will be my first trip to Disney World. Taking my DD12, I am so worried about not being able to ride all the rides with her. I don't want to disappoint her.
kathleen simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #936
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I understand completely!! I am a D sometimes DD and over the shoulder restraints often are horrible. However I went on Sum of all fears with my DD10 now 11 and had a blast. So relax and enjoy it.
Thanks! I never have a problem except rides with over the shoulder restraints. All other rides I'm able to sit and ride comfortably. Now I'll give Sum of All Thrills a try!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #937
emma9630
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I just tried Haunted Mansion again at a MNSSHP at DH's insistence, and the stupid bar still wouldn't close. I'm only 5'4.5", and carry most of my weight in my belly and butt, so you might be fine since you are so much taller. Honestly, I don't care if I ride HM or not because I hate it, but DH likes it and feels guilty every time he rides without me.

If for some reason you do try, but have to take the chicken exit, they make you walk back up that narrow section of the queue where they've taken the line down to single file. You are literally a salmon swimming upstream against a bunch of cranky salmon. And the CMs are no help and quite rude about it. It's so annoying that I tell people to avoid it unless it's on their must-do list.
Has anyone else had problems with Haunted Mansion? I'm about the same size as a lot of you here and would be disappointed if we couldn't ride this. Thanks!
emma9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #938
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

I was just there the Sept 11th for MNSSHP and then again on Sept 12th for our day at MK.... during that time.... rode HM a total of 4 times. I found the seats very spacious and not understanding the fuss.... yes the ride hit my belly as it closed, but no worse than any other ride... I am a size 28! Carry my weight evenly distributed in the 3 major areas.... bust, belly and bum!!! Can't really say I have had an issue fitting any ride at Disney!

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #939
emma9630
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
I was just there the Sept 11th for MNSSHP and then again on Sept 12th for our day at MK.... during that time.... rode HM a total of 4 times. I found the seats very spacious and not understanding the fuss.... yes the ride hit my belly as it closed, but no worse than any other ride... I am a size 28! Carry my weight evenly distributed in the 3 major areas.... bust, belly and bum!!! Can't really say I have had an issue fitting any ride at Disney!
Great, thanks!
emma9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #940
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I've never had a problem on HM. Both DH and I can ride in the same doom buggy comfortably and the bar closes. We are also very Pooh sized, I'm around a 22 and DH is around a 3xl.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #941
jash08
Mouseketeer

Great Thread

This is a great thread!!!!

It is nice to actually see that you are not the only "crazy" one when planning a trip! My husband tells me I worry too much and that I have OCD. He is probably right.

DH and I are both pooh sized (he is 3xl and I am 28-30). I haven't had any problems with any of the rides I wanted to go on.

I did notice the lapbar on HM being a little more snug when we went in Dec 2011, but it still closed.

The walking around has gotten easier for me as I have started doing Zumba (love it) and have lost 80 lbs in the last 15 months!!!!

I always wear comfy tennis shoes while there.

I also swear by wearing a sports bra! It keeps everything supported and in place and keeps everything fairly dry. I also put some goldbond powder on. I am definately going to check out Body Glide.

Keep all of the support going!!!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #942
wynntx
Earning My Ears

Thanks all for the tips! I started the Dukan Diet this week and am down 8 pounds! I hope to loose 20 before our trip in 42 days. I think I'm closing in on size 22. I think I should be okay on the rides. Now to get walking so I don't die from all of the walking.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

wynntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #943
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Hi,
My DBF is pooh-sized. I was wondering if any of you could tell me if the car booths at Sci-Fi are about the same size of most regular restaurant booths or not? He sits fine in almost all restaurant booths, but I was looking at some pictures, and they appear as though they may be smaller which has me a little worried. I would like to eat there, but don't want to if it may turn into an uncomfortable or potentially embarrassing situation for him.
Thanks!

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #944
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic View Post
Hi,
My DBF is pooh-sized. I was wondering if any of you could tell me if the car booths at Sci-Fi are about the same size of most regular restaurant booths or not? He sits fine in almost all restaurant booths, but I was looking at some pictures, and they appear as though they may be smaller which has me a little worried. I would like to eat there, but don't want to if it may turn into an uncomfortable or potentially embarrassing situation for him.
Thanks!
I am wondering this myself - my DH usualy is uncomfortable in a regular restaurant booth.

I have another question. I am still pooh sized, but have recently been really sick with GERD and have lost about 50 lbs since the middle of August, so now am about 202lbs. We are going to Sea World in San Antonio in a few weeks - do you think I'll be able to go on the rides or do I still need to worry? Im wearing an XL top and old navy size 16 jeans.....thoughts anyone????

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #945
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starclassic
Hi,
Thanks!
As we just ate there last week I will chime in and i think the booths are smaller than "regular" booths. My husband and I ate in the booth but is was not roomy an if I can much more weight I may not go back. But as a side note there are other tables that are normal size if eating in the car is unimportant to you. Good luck
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: