Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #556
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Yea for getting airfare booked

Super cute Halloween costume!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #557
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
OMG! So much to comment on...
First,
Poor little Paxton. I always hated when they would get so sick...especially that young! Glad he is on the mend, but boy did his fever get high!

So excited about your parents being able to join you for part of your trip. Sounds like you guys really have fun together so that's awesome!

And finally, great deal on your flight home. And of course, Disney math wouldn't be correct if it didn't factor in more Disney time!!!
The high fevers really had me scared. I hated going into his room every night when he'd start crying and felt him on fire when I picked him up.

I love your take on Disney math, it's so true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have not started packing yet either. I am usually finished by now. Yikes!

Love Paxton's costume! cute!
I usually don't start packing until a few days before, so I'm right on track. Plus, trying to get this house ready for the birthday party, there is just no place for half packed luggage to go right now anyway!

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
I have been reading along but I just wanted to say good luck with the birthday party this weekend!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
I plan to take TONS of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Yea for getting airfare booked

Super cute Halloween costume!
I know, we always get it done so much earlier than this, so I was getting a little panicked that we had not booked anything yet. So relieved to have that checked off of my to-do list!

Thanks!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #558
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Congrats on getting your flight booked! Your trip is so close. I'm sure you are keeping busy with Birthdays and planning.

I am curious to see how you do with your car rental. We will be taking a trip next summer with the inlaws and will need to rent a car. I have absolutely no idea where to even start. It seems so intimidating to me. Mt sister in law ended up getting a good deal last minute with name your your own price so maybe I will go that route...who knows.

I'm really anxious to see Paxtons costume. I haven't even bought Ds's costume yet. I just cant find anything that I love yet. I keep waiting for something to jump out at me. I just know I better enjoy getting to pick while I can. I know soon it will be all about super heroes and monsters. lol.

I'm excited to her how Paxtons party goes. I think I remember you saying it was this weekend.
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #559
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm glad you got your flights booked and got such a good deal!

As for the rental car, I'd check the transportation forum here on the DIS, they have a car rental thread for every month, and I just followed along and found a great deal for our last trip through the hard work of the people on that thread. I don't know anything about car rental either, but they were so helpful, posting the deals and codes!

Glad you also have that first night accommodations worked out! Good luck on finding some place to meet your needs near the airport!

Oh and have a great birthday party Paxton!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #560
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Congrats on getting your flight booked! Your trip is so close. I'm sure you are keeping busy with Birthdays and planning.

I am curious to see how you do with your car rental. We will be taking a trip next summer with the inlaws and will need to rent a car. I have absolutely no idea where to even start. It seems so intimidating to me. Mt sister in law ended up getting a good deal last minute with name your your own price so maybe I will go that route...who knows.

I'm really anxious to see Paxtons costume. I haven't even bought Ds's costume yet. I just cant find anything that I love yet. I keep waiting for something to jump out at me. I just know I better enjoy getting to pick while I can. I know soon it will be all about super heroes and monsters. lol.

I'm excited to her how Paxtons party goes. I think I remember you saying it was this weekend.
DH is usually left to deal with booking the rental car. I know he was looking for deals yesterday while we were watching football, so I will definitely report back with what kind of deal we found or how it worked out with name your own price. We had good luck with that last year! I think you can only do one bid a day, so you start with something kind of ridiculously low and go up by $1 every day with your new bid until you get a company that accepts it. Last year I think we ended up paying $11 a day? Good luck!

We had the same problem with costumes. Then we went to Party City to buy stuff for his party and the dinosaur jumped out at me! When we put it on him, I knew it was perfect. I know we are soon getting to the age where he will want to pick his own costume, so it's probably my last chance to be a little selfish and pick what I want him to be.

The party went great! I'm uploading some pictures now, so hopefully I can do a post this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm glad you got your flights booked and got such a good deal!

As for the rental car, I'd check the transportation forum here on the DIS, they have a car rental thread for every month, and I just followed along and found a great deal for our last trip through the hard work of the people on that thread. I don't know anything about car rental either, but they were so helpful, posting the deals and codes!

Glad you also have that first night accommodations worked out! Good luck on finding some place to meet your needs near the airport!

Oh and have a great birthday party Paxton!
You're back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thanks for the tip! I told DH and he was checking out the October thread last night looking to see what kind of deals he could find for us. Hopefully we can get something booked soon.

His party was wonderful, thanks! Hoping I can get a post up with some pics this afternoon.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #561
khertz

DS's 2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated DS's 2nd birthday with a Mickey Mouse party on Saturday! It was a total success, from the food to the cake to the attendees, although my house did feel a little crowded with everyone who showed up. I think next year we will try having it at a park where we can spread around, especially since we will probably start inviting his friends from daycare.

We kicked off the morning of the party with breakfast of cinnamon rolls, which DS devoured. He was excited to eat at the card table we had put out which would eventually become the cake table.

Our subdivision does a big garage sale twice a year so that everyone can have their garage sales on one day and get more people coming to look, and it happened to be Saturday morning. So since the weather was nice, we took him for a walk around the neighborhood hoping to tire him out so he would take a good nap later. We tried keeping with his daycare schedule, so at 11 I tried feeding him lunch, but he didn't eat much. My parents showed up a little before we were ready to put him down for his nap, so he played outside in the backyard with them and got so sweaty he needed a bath before naptime!

While he was napping, DH went to pick up the balloons, cake, and party food while I finished decorating and cleaning up the house and my parents were getting together the food they had brought.

Decorations

Soon DH made it back with the cake, which looked AMAZING!!!

Cookie favors

People started arriving about an hour early, and with every person that arrived, I was so worried he would wake up early, but he got his whole 2 hour nap! I actually had to go wake him up because almost all of the party guests were there by 2:00 when the party officially started.

House full!

Had to get a picture with my sweet godchild Stryder

Eating some mac & cheese

We decided to do presents first! He opened his first gift from one of my work friends, and decided he only wanted to play with that! It was really hard to get him to open any more presents because he kept looking for his fire station toy from her. lol

This was the fire station that kept his attention

Spinning light up toy from my FIL

Where's my fire station?

He got excited about this one from me & DH! It was a birthday Vinylmation

A trike from my parents

Singing Happy Birthday!

We actually had to sing twice because my aunt was manning our camera but didn't have it recording until we were pretty much done singing. So we lit the candle, sang again and blew out the candle a second time so we could get it on video. lol DS loved it even more the second time!

Playing outside with my cousins

Katie (my sister), Mom, Dad, Paxton, DH, and me!

Playing with the Mega Blocks from DH and I

Riding his trike (we also got him one so now he has 2!)

His other big present from DH & I and I guess my parents as well was a new puppy! My dad found her on his way home a week ago (he is the stray or lost dog magnet) and sent us a picture. We decided to try her out at the house on a trial basis (ha! After just 2 days, we are pretty sure she's permanent!) and named her Belle since DS loves Beauty & the Beast. She is a wonderful puppy, very calm and sweet. Still working on housebreaking her though. Meet Belle!

Anyway, it was a great day with family and I couldn't have imagined a better way to celebrate my baby boy turning 2!! To think we will be celebrating even bigger in less than 2 weeks in Disney World is just so exciting!!

Hopefully I can get moving on our daily plans and get those finished up before we leave. Just...

12 DAYS!!!!

...to go!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #562
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Happy Birthday Paxton! It looks like he had a great birthday party.

So what are we going to do with Belle in about 12 days?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #563
MEK
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Paxton! Sounds like you had the best birthday party possible for a 2 year old.

I will stop back later when I can see your cute pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #564
KTgE
Mouseketeer

Happy (almost) Birthday Paxton!

It looks like his party was a success and his cake was perfection! I love it. Not going to lie I chuckled when I noticed the tv on during the party with a football game on. That would totally happen at my house!

Hooray for a new friend for Paxton...Belle looks like she will be a great addition to the family. Samson, our mix breed dog, is thick as thieves with our kids. He loves Avi-Kate because she will share her entire snack cup with him. She'll eat a treat then give one to him and it goes like this till it's all gone and then she'll bring it to me requesting more!

It's almost time...you are so close!
KTgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #565
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Paxton! Looks like he had a great party

Love that birthday cake and those cookie favors...ADORABLE!!

Belle is so adorable.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #566
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

What a great B-day party! Sounds like everything went well, thankfully he got that nap. I have had some where our DD's didn't get the nap!
You guys did a great job with the theme..love that cake and Paxton's shirt was too cute!

I can't believe you guys got a puppy! She really looks like a sweetheart just sitting there nice for the pic!

Can't believe how close our trips are now!!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #567
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Happy Birthday Paxton! It looks like he had a great birthday party.

So what are we going to do with Belle in about 12 days?
I made an agreement with my parents since they really want Paxton to have a puppy so they really wanted us to take her...THEY had to make arrangements for her while we were on vacation! I told them with just a few weeks to go, I wasn't going to kill myself trying to find somewhere to put her. So luckily, my aunt agreed to keep her for the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Happy Birthday Paxton! Sounds like you had the best birthday party possible for a 2 year old.

I will stop back later when I can see your cute pictures!
He seemed to have a GREAT time at the party! And since we had to do it so early in the month, I'm keeping all of his decorations up in the house until after we come back from Disney World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTgE View Post
Happy (almost) Birthday Paxton!

It looks like his party was a success and his cake was perfection! I love it. Not going to lie I chuckled when I noticed the tv on during the party with a football game on. That would totally happen at my house!

Hooray for a new friend for Paxton...Belle looks like she will be a great addition to the family. Samson, our mix breed dog, is thick as thieves with our kids. He loves Avi-Kate because she will share her entire snack cup with him. She'll eat a treat then give one to him and it goes like this till it's all gone and then she'll bring it to me requesting more!

It's almost time...you are so close!
Oh my gosh, people coming to the party actually called to ask and make sure I'd have the LSU/Florida game on during the party!!! My boss who loves LSU was complaining that someone she knew was having a baby shower that same Saturday during game time and she said, "I mean, who does that?" and I responded, "I do that!" And we actually purposely choose his parties on Saturday so that they don't interfere with the Saints games on Sunday.

Belle is warming up to Paxton, and Paxton just LOVES Belle. When she first got to the house, Paxton was trying to throw her rubber bone for her and ended up clocking her in the face. So needless to say, she was a little skittish at first! But now they run around together in the backyard in the evenings and have a blast. SO cute about the snacks! I think Belle is enjoying nabbing his crumbs from under the high chair after dinner, but so far, no snack sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Happy Birthday Paxton! Looks like he had a great party

Love that birthday cake and those cookie favors...ADORABLE!!

Belle is so adorable.
Thanks!! The cake & cookies came out exactly how I pictured them in my mind, and they taste delicious! Can't get better than that!

Thank you, she has been a wonderful addition to our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
What a great B-day party! Sounds like everything went well, thankfully he got that nap. I have had some where our DD's didn't get the nap!
You guys did a great job with the theme..love that cake and Paxton's shirt was too cute!

I can't believe you guys got a puppy! She really looks like a sweetheart just sitting there nice for the pic!

Can't believe how close our trips are now!!
I was TERRIFIED of him not getting that nap, I knew it would not be a fun party for anyone without it! I think napping at daycare has helped him sleep through more noise than he used to.

I can't believe we got a puppy either! I never really wanted a dog, because I never had them growing up so I was fine with just our cat. I knew we'd end up getting one eventually because DH always had dogs growing up and likes having them. Plus, since my parents started doing rescue work, my dad has been dead set on getting his grandson a puppy! So it's a little sooner than I expected, but we are enjoying her!

Today our trip is in single digits, which means yours almost is too!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #568
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Cinnamon rolls, what a great way to start your Birthday Party Have you tried making them in a waffle iron. We treat ourselves to them on Christmas morning.

Your cake and cookies look amazing. I am taking a cake decorating class now in hopes of someday being able to make a cake like that...they did a great job! I made Mickey rice crispies for our favor

Wow you had a full house. I'm sure opening presents was a ton of fun. I'm excited for DS to have a little bit more interest in opening presents this Christmas. Love the trike. It is definitely the coolest looking one I've seen. Your new puppy is super cute. They are alot of work, but lots and lots of fun

Your trip is getting really close! I'm sure you guys are super excited. I'm so excited that our trip is right around the corner. Speaking of which, I need to look back at your old TR and see how you kept Paxton occupied during the flight.
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #569
khertz

Single Digits & Day 7 Plans!

Well, we are officially down to...

SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Which means I really don't have a lot of time to finish posting daily plans!! So on that note, I'll move on to day 7

Friday October 26th

We will (attempt to) sleep in this morning as it will be kind of our "off" day. I know, it is kind of late into the trip to have our down day but with DS's birthday falling middle of the week and Thursday being rated a 1/10 on the crowd calendar (I can't pass up a 1!), our off day ends up towards the tail end of our trip on Friday.

For breakfast this morning, we will be heading over to the Polynesian resort (I am excited to go here because I have never been inside this resort!) to eat with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch at 'Ohana at 8:50 am!

This is taking the place of Chef Mickey's which we did last trip with DS and before that in 2009. I'm excited because it will be a brand new experience for all of us!

We will take our time with breakfast and probably spend some time exploring the resort before the three of us head back to Bonnet Creek. My parents will probably be going to a park. Last year, we had every intention of enjoying the amenities at Bonnet Creek, but got sucked into our timeshare owner's update that ate up all of our free time. So we are skipping it this time (not worth the hassle for the Disney gift card!) and we will be chilling at the resort all day. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of activities they have planned that day to see what DS could participate in, if anything. And if not, we will just enjoy the pool and the splash play area for kids.

After that and probably a late nap, we will head out to a park for the evening, most likely DHS.

Mostly the reason for spending an afternoon here would be to try out Characterpalooza to see some different characters. If it's not too crowded, we might opt to stay for the earlier showing of Fantasmic at 7:30. But that's not a priority.

But I'm not setting this afternoon in stone, exactly. Since it's near the end of our trip, if we feel like we are done with DHS and want to go somewhere else that evening, we will make that decision then. Or we could just go for Characterpalooza and then head to Downtown Disney.

That's the end of Day 7's plans! Hopefully it will be a more relaxing day than we had last year. I think my mistake then was planning both a breakfast and a dinner so we had to leave the resort by a certain time to make it to the park for our dinner ADR, leaving us less time to be flexible.

And one more thing to check off the to-do list, we have our rental car booked! DH reserved one a few nights ago at $20/day, then just watched the rates like a hawk. It paid off, because within 2 days, he managed to save us $150! We are down to $11/day now, and as he said to me, not too bad for waiting until the last minute to book!

Tonight we should be sitting down together to reserve our room for the last night before we fly out. We definitely want a suite so that we have a separate living area for Paxton to sleep in, and so far I have not had any trouble finding available options that are less than $100 for the night. We should be able to book that tonight.

I can't believe we have only

9 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #570
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Cinnamon rolls, what a great way to start your Birthday Party Have you tried making them in a waffle iron. We treat ourselves to them on Christmas morning.

Your cake and cookies look amazing. I am taking a cake decorating class now in hopes of someday being able to make a cake like that...they did a great job! I made Mickey rice crispies for our favor

Wow you had a full house. I'm sure opening presents was a ton of fun. I'm excited for DS to have a little bit more interest in opening presents this Christmas. Love the trike. It is definitely the coolest looking one I've seen. Your new puppy is super cute. They are alot of work, but lots and lots of fun

Your trip is getting really close! I'm sure you guys are super excited. I'm so excited that our trip is right around the corner. Speaking of which, I need to look back at your old TR and see how you kept Paxton occupied during the flight.
Never tried them in the waffle iron, but that sounds delicious! I'll have to try it out sometime. We even have a Mickey & friends waffle iron I could use!

Yes, the house was packed!! Next year we will definitely have to do the party somewhere else. Which means I also won't have to do all that cleaning before & after so win-win! He enjoyed opening presents for the most part. Like I said, he got stuck on that first gift. I don't know if it's really that he loved it all that much or just that he didn't understand he had a lot more fun things to open.

Lots of toys & lots of snacks for the plane to keep him occupied! Flying to WDW is no biggie since the flight is only a little more than an hour. But to DL, we bought a bunch of stuff so it would be brand new on the flight. Board books, a mini Magna Doodle, coloring books (with triangle colors so they don't roll off the tray!), little cars, and movies and games on the iPad. I think this time I'm going to get him a sticker book (obsessed with stickers since starting at daycare) and we will definitely be bringing his choo choos to play with. But I think a few episodes of Thomas & Friends on the iPad will be enough to get us there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: