Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #31
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

I have 3 accounts that I use - the rules probably vary state, insurance plans, and company - so have a discussion with your benefits contact!

HSA - Health spending account
I use this primarily to cover co-pays for my family's doctor, dentist, and eye visits, as well as co-pays for prescriptions. I figure out how many well-visits each family member needs (I have a baby, so he goes for about 4 a year), as well as a few emergency room co-pays (that's $100 a pop!), and put a little cushion for miscellaneous. This year it covered DH's glasses. I always come up a little short than what I planned for - but that's ok because it's better than having too much. My insurance changed this year - so doctor co-pays and prescription co-pays automatically get reimbursed to my checking account, but I have to pay for them up front. For the glasses - I had to fax the information in and wait a few weeks for reimbursement.

FSA - childcare
This works great to cover pre-school costs! I pay upfront each month, and every quarter I submit the receipt for reimbursement.

FSA - commuter benefit
I take a train to work everyday - so my workplace has a commuter benefit flexible spending account - this is saving me over $1200/year! For this one I get a debit card that gets loaded each month with the cost of my train ticket, taken out of my check pre-tax. Then I just buy my ticket with the debit card. If I had to pay for parking, it would cover that too (I get dropped off at the train). It's flexible enough that I can change the amount if I'm going to be on vacation or something and only want to purchase a 10-ride instead of the monthly pass.
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: