Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #106
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Looks like the Pirates League was a bit hit!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #107
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Cool!! I loved the scales!
The scales were my favorite part too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahh! This is the coolest thing ever!

Oh gosh, yes. Have you seen the fourth Pirates movie? (I'm assuming not, since you didn't know about the scary mermaids.) In that movie, the mermaids start out seemingly innocent, singing a lovely tune, and then they bare their teeth and all heck breaks loose. It's quite terrifying. But you're the nice kinds of mermaids, kin to Ariel. It's fine.

Seriously though, coolest thing ever.
Haha, no I had not seen the fourth Pirates movie then -- afterwards I looked up some clips on youtube, so now I can see what they were talking about! Those are some seriously sinister mermaids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Looks like the Pirates League was a bit hit!
Definitely a great Disney experience!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #108
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

You looked just stunning with that mermaid makeup on your eyes. Dart will remember that day forever, trust me.

My family did the Pirate League and let me tell you, I'm 67 and I had the costume and all the makeup done and walked around all day like that.

Why wait for my second childhood?? I've never left my first!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #109
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
You looked just stunning with that mermaid makeup on your eyes. Dart will remember that day forever, trust me.

My family did the Pirate League and let me tell you, I'm 67 and I had the costume and all the makeup done and walked around all day like that.

Why wait for my second childhood?? I've never left my first!
I bet you had a fabulous time!!! Isn't the Pirates League the best? And it's fun to wear the makeup around for the rest of the day, CM's comment on it and joke that you're a pirate!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #110
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I saw some girls with the mermaid makeover last week, but I guess I didn't look closely enough because I didn't notice the scales. That is a really neat touch!

I am really looking forward to taking both my boys to the pirate league once they are older, it looks like so much fun, and if I can get my DH into the act, that would be priceless!

What a great idea to meet pirate goofy after your transformations, those are some neat pictures!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #111
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Cool update. It's cool that they allow big kis to take part in Pirates League as well. BBB are boring now and it's only under 12's! I so wanted to do that!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #112
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I saw some girls with the mermaid makeover last week, but I guess I didn't look closely enough because I didn't notice the scales. That is a really neat touch!

I am really looking forward to taking both my boys to the pirate league once they are older, it looks like so much fun, and if I can get my DH into the act, that would be priceless!

What a great idea to meet pirate goofy after your transformations, those are some neat pictures!
The scales are definitely a small detail it would be easy to miss! I bet your boys will love it -- and it's that much more fun when you're doing it with a sibling or a group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Cool update. It's cool that they allow big kis to take part in Pirates League as well. BBB are boring now and it's only under 12's! I so wanted to do that!
I know -- I wonder why they have that rule at BBB and not at Pirates League?? I mean, I'm glad they don't have it at Pirates League, but it's too bad they have it at BBB.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #113
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Photobucket was just refusing to be my friend yesterday (don't you hate it when technology is all recalcitrant on you?? ), but I'm hoping to get a new update up today!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #114
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Last Evening in the Atrium

During our five hours at the Magic Kingdom, we had met Merida, hit four rides, had lunch at the liberty tree, done the Pirates League, and met Pirate Goofy. For a crowded day in July, Id say that was pretty good - we got back to the Contemporary feeling we had earned our rest!

We had checked out that morning, so of course we no longer had our room, but we still had access to the Atrium Lounge (your keys stop working on club at midnight on the day of check out). Our plan was to vegetate in the lounge, let Dart swim in the pool, and just generally bum out at the Contemporary for the rest of the day!

We got back well before 4pm, which is when they stop serving afternoon snacks...

They had more of the amazing whole wheat chocolate chip cookies from the day before!

There was also a fruit tree and jars of goldfish, yogurt-covered pretzels, sweedish fish, etc.

Looks like we picked a great time to leave the MK - shortly after we returned to the lounge, the skies let loose a deluge!! You could hardly see a thing out the windows, it was pretty cool watching it from up above like that...

The rain meant Dart had to put off his pool expedition, so he immersed himself in some Disney cartoons!

Looks like the skies were beginning to clear...and be then it was time for dinner!

The evening offerings at the Atrium Club were pretty much the same as the previous night  veggies, cheeses, pb&J, those AHmazing rolls!!

Tonights hot appetizers were some DELISH pot stickers and conch fritters. I looked back at the labels in another photo, to see what kind of pot sticker it was (veggie, pork, etc), and all the label said was pot stickers. lol. Let's go with pork, I think that sounds right.

Also  conch fritters  doesnt that sound so exotic?? Although sadly I wasnt a huge fan of the taste...they were a little fishy.

Nom nom nom. Such a tasty dinner!

This photo makes me laugh. First we have Athos, photobombing, which is a special skill of his. And then my face: "This looks pretty, but it doesn't smell so great. Do mermaids drink wine anyway??" I have had wine before, and though I'm not a huge fan, it was free and plus "pink zinfandel" sounded so fancy!

After dinner the skies cleared, so Dart got to go down to the pool! I spent a little while just chilling on the couches in one of my favorite quiet corners at Disney, the Contemporary Conference Center...

If you want to see more pics you can hop on over to my blog; but I had to share this one just because I think those carpets are so funky!!

Heading down to the pool...

Dart really enjoyed the water slide.

And the water play area! Doesnt it look like a rocket ship about to blast off?

I enjoyed sitting by the palm trees for a bit...

After swimming, we just savoured the lounge for a little longer, waiting for dessert to come out.

SO purty!

I love how, as the sun sets, just before the castle is all lit up in different colors...the castle seems to reflect all the gently pink and purple and golden colors in the sky, as if it just descended from the clouds!

Dart and I deep in conversation - I think this photo was actually taken in the morning, but well pretend!

A few more photos of the Atrium Lounge. I always do this  at the last minute, before were about to leave a place, I panic and think, Did I take photos of everything yet?? lol.

When the sun began to set, it set the lounge ablaze in a red-golden light - it was gorgeous!

So as the time for dessert neared, we were chatting with one of the CMs and told him how we hoped there would be more chocolate tonight. He went back to check, and came back with the horrible news: there were NO chocolate desserts that night, not even red velvet cake!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luckily the CM was incredibly nice and must also have liked chocolate and understood, because he disappeared and came back later - with this...

The fantastic fellow brought us chocolate. That is true cast member amazingness. It was a really delicious brownie too...I assume it was from the Contempo Café, although I cant remember if I've seen brownies there  must remember to look next time. The CM also brought us extra mints and an extra truffle gift box (that you get when you check in). Definitely above and beyond!

Ctd...next post...

Last edited by AGPrincess; 11-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #115
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Here were the actual desserts…the cheesecake was a little heavy, and the cannoli was a little dry, although the fruit tart was really nice. I didn't try the berry cobbler square thing...it didn't have chocolate.

There were also cookies and apple slices and PB&J, as on the previous night.

I spent most of my last hour in the Atrium Club on the balcony, admiring that view...

The monorail tracks all converging on the TTC...

The sky slowly turned from this...

...to this!

PURE. MAGIC.

Saying Au Revoir to the balcony…

Goodbye Contemporary!

WE LOVE YOU!

We headed back to Aramis and my apartment, where we were staying for the night. It broke my heart to take off my mermaid make up, I loved it so much! Dart had already lost most of his pirate make-up – we had wiped it off before swimming. A heads up if you’re thinking about the Pirates League: bright some make-up remover wipes with you, because just soap and water will not really get this stuff off!!

My washcloth/makeup remover was all aqua and sparkly.

Then to sleep, ready for another fun Disney day on the morrow!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #116
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

great pics and I hate leaving the Contemporary!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #117
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

I love the profile picture of you at LTT. Such a good picture! It reminds me of Snow White, actually.

The Pirates League looks like soooo much fun! Your Mermaid makeup looks great!

Ahhhhhh....the views from the balcony are just amazing!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #118
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

These pictures are just making my night. I'm just in love with the Contemporary, that's all...

NO CHOCOLATE?! Seriously, what is that? That CM was amazingly precious for bringing yall that brownie... and yes, they do have them at the Contempo!

Aw, goodbye Contemporary. Goodbye Mermaid. Can't wait to see where yall were headed the next morning!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #119
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

No Chocolate! That is completely unacceptable in my world! Desserts aren't worth the calories if they don't have chocolate! How nice of that CM to bring you all something!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #120
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
great pics and I hate leaving the Contemporary!
ITA - leaving a resort is never fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2BnB View Post
I love the profile picture of you at LTT. Such a good picture! It reminds me of Snow White, actually.

The Pirates League looks like soooo much fun! Your Mermaid makeup looks great!

Ahhhhhh....the views from the balcony are just amazing!
Awww, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
These pictures are just making my night. I'm just in love with the Contemporary, that's all...

NO CHOCOLATE?! Seriously, what is that? That CM was amazingly precious for bringing yall that brownie... and yes, they do have them at the Contempo!

Aw, goodbye Contemporary. Goodbye Mermaid. Can't wait to see where yall were headed the next morning!
So glad you're enjoying them! And I KNOW!! I'm not sure you can even have dessert with chocolate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
No Chocolate! That is completely unacceptable in my world! Desserts aren't worth the calories if they don't have chocolate! How nice of that CM to bring you all something!
EXACTLY! You gotta have the chocolate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: