Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #76
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom View Post
I think part of her trouble was the gold fabric got left at the store. I didn't understand why she didn't say anything to Tim. It seems like someone could have brought it to her. It sounded like she paid for it but it was not in her bag. That would not be her fault but the cashiers.
In other episodes designers have gotten back to the workroom without something and I don't think they've ever gone back or had someone bring it. I wonder if there are rules against that?
I think the gold fabric was just as ugly as that green she used. All the fabrics she picked looked cheap, and I mean that, as in inexpensive, and hooker-ish
I believe what Tim told her in the workroom but unfortunately in this challenge she didn't show them that she does have more to her designs.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #77
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I have a crush on Dmitri and I want him to win!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #78
pumpkinmomma
Mouseketeer

I thought the designs last night were underwhelming as a whole. I was really hoping to see something more dramatic and interesting.
Sonjia's dress was my least favorite so I wasn't surprised to see her go.

I hope the collections are more interesting than what we saw last night.
pumpkinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #79
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Spoiler alert! Samples of the runway collections are online.

And actually, 8 designers got to show at Fashion Week, apparently.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #80
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
Spoiler alert! Samples of the runway collections are online.

And actually, 8 designers got to show at Fashion Week, apparently.
This happens every Season so noone can figure out who the finalists are

I was really disaapointed in last night-they needed to WOW and they were NOT AVANT GUARD at all....hello anyone remember Chris March and all his outfits for the cross -dressers-now that is Avant Guard

The girl eliminated also had gobs of green and gold patteren fabric-sorry for $400 her gown was cheap looking

Dimitri and Christopher are the ones with extreme talent!
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #81
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I fell asleep when they started the runway show and missed the end. I know it said part 1 so I'm guessing no one was eliminated. I didn't care for Christophers clothes and was surprised at the 3 he showed on the runway to see through for me. Did anyone get sent home?
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #82
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I fell asleep when they started the runway show and missed the end. I know it said part 1 so I'm guessing no one was eliminated. I didn't care for Christophers clothes and was surprised at the 3 he showed on the runway to see through for me. Did anyone get sent home?
No. It was a big waste of an episode.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #83
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

A total yawn feat...blechh
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #84
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I fell asleep during the last commercial break, then woke up after the show ended. It was minutes and I was out so I was mad that I missed the end and my dd overrode the DVR so it didn't record.

Did they decide not to send anyone home or are they just dragging the decision out until next week?
I think it will be Dimnitri and Chris in the end, but I fear they are going to keep Fabio
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #85
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

No one was sent home. They will all be judged in the finale and can win.

The judges really seemed to like Fabio's collection.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #86
luvmy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
No one was sent home. They will all be judged in the finale and can win.

The judges really seemed to like Fabio's collection.
I know they did, and that worries me. I know nothing about high fashion, but when I look at Fabio's collection all I see is a Blue Light special from the 80's. There was nothing hi-end or fashionable about it.

I'm so disappointed that Christopher didn't show that gown, it was so beautiful.I loved that bleach on leather look, and if I saw those pieces in the store I'd snatch them up.
I also really like Melissa's collection, her jackets are definitely something I would wear. Dimitri was flawless as usual. I didn't like his sheer bra exposing tops, but his clothes are so well made it makes up for them IMO.

I didn't really like him in the beginning but I'm voting for Christopher to win.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #87
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

the love for Fabio's collection reminds of the season with that designer Gretchen who won. Her collection reminded me of a cross between Holly Hobby and bad 70s wall paper. I just don't get it. It's not stylish or fashion forward in any way that I can see.

I have no idea what Christopher was thinking - two pairs of shorts, two tank tops? I am rooting for Dimitri but I wouldn't mind if Christopher or Melissa wins. I am not even sure how Fabio made it this far.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #88
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney
the love for Fabio's collection reminds of the season with that designer Gretchen who won. Her collection reminded me of a cross between Holly Hobby and bad 70s wall paper. I just don't get it. It's not stylish or fashion forward in any way that I can see.

I have no idea what Christopher was thinking - two pairs of shorts, two tank tops? I am rooting for Dimitri but I wouldn't mind if Christopher or Melissa wins. I am not even sure how Fabio made it this far.
All of them ran into trouble fitting their models. I think Christopher threw whatever fit onto his models. I wonder if they get additional advice on styling? They all got blasted for poor styling and in the sneak peak of the finale the collections look pretty polished.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #89
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Who watched the finale? What did you think of the winner?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #90
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluvsdisney View Post
Who watched the finale? What did you think of the winner?
I was happy with the winner. Maybe it's my own personal taste, but I thought his clothes were more polished and sophisticated - and definitely more commercial - than the runner up. As much as I liked the runner up as a person, I think his collection was a little too 'out there', much like Jay, the winner of Season 1. And when was the last time anyone heard about him or his clothes...

The person I had been rooting for - the front-runner all season - lost all his self-confidence and really just melted under the pressure for the finale. And the last person in the final four...well, I don't think she ever really had a chance. She won, I think, one challenge all season. I think she kinda lucked into the finale. But I did love that red leather dress in her collection.

PS - Did anyone notice that Elena won Fan Favorite? How the heck did that happen?!
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: