Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
LilnStitchy
Earning My Ears

Carry-on only with 2 toddlers?

We have 2 toddlers, ages 3 and 16 mos. Is it reasonable to pack with just carry-ons? Or should I suck it up and pay the baggage fees? We have purchased 3 seats between the 4 of us. DS would get his own carry-on allotment (which I think I could fit all their clothes combined), and then DH and I each would have one in addition to our personal items. We plan to buy diapers, wipes, and food (oatmeal, snacks, etc) when we arrive- or have them delivered. We also have my parents along who will be checking a bag between them and can help wrangle our kids. We'll have access to a washer/dryer. Space is also a big issue. My parents are flying in from out of state, staying at our house for a night, then we all leave for Orlando together. My SUV (Pilot) will not be able to accommodate: 2 strollers, 3 large suitcases, carry-ons, with half the 3rd row in use. I figure 1 large suitcase and 3 small ones and carry-ons might fit. We also live over an hour from the airport so taking multiple trips or taking two cars (and having to pay to park) isn't feasible. We are renting a minivan in Orlando so on that end space won't be an issue. Thoughts? Am I just crazy to even think this might be possible?

ETA: DH and I are pretty good and just doing the carry-on thing but we don't normally try to do it on trips where the kids come along.

Caribbean Beach Resort- 2011
LilnStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: