Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
jd99
DIS Veteran

Two Fantasy Questions

Trying to figure out all the details for our upcoming cruise. Have already made Palo and Remy reservations but don't want to miss the show night at Animators.

Should we request a specific rotation to do this? And thus if we have Animators first or second night we should be okay, right?

Also, what is the show on the Fantasy on Formal night. Trying to get DD into BBB for that night and the only thing available at this point is 6 p.m. so we'd miss the beginning of the show.

Any help on these issues would be most appreciated!
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
jd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
smile750
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Trying to figure out all the details for our upcoming cruise. Have already made Palo and Remy reservations but don't want to miss the show night at Animators.

Should we request a specific rotation to do this? And thus if we have Animators first or second night we should be okay, right?

Also, what is the show on the Fantasy on Formal night. Trying to get DD into BBB for that night and the only thing available at this point is 6 p.m. so we'd miss the beginning of the show.

Any help on these issues would be most appreciated!
You just have to be at animators on your second night (in the rotation) - it doesn't matter what the rotation is, you'll be in all of the restaurants at least twice. So for example, when I was on the Fantasy in Aug, my rotation was AERAERR (animators, enchanted, royal court, animators, enchanted, royal, royal). It's the 2nd time you're there they do the show.

In terms of the formal night, I don't remember what the show was - though I will tell you I missed a couple because there's just so much to choose from and we chose to do something else at that time!
smile750 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

By the show you mean when they animate your drawings???

When we were on the Fantasy in June we found out our Palo reservation fell on the same night that AP was going to be having the animated drawings show. We just showed up to the first few minutes at AP, made our drawings quickly and then left our daughter (15) with our video camera to record the result at the end of dinner so we could see it later.

That worked fine for us.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
By the show you mean when they animate your drawings???

When we were on the Fantasy in June we found out our Palo reservation fell on the same night that AP was going to be having the animated drawings show. We just showed up to the first few minutes at AP, made our drawings quickly and then left our daughter (15) with our video camera to record the result at the end of dinner so we could see it later.

That worked fine for us.
No sorry. I meant what is the show in the theater during formal night. And we have left the kids in Animators on the classic ships but since we haven't yet sailed the Fantasy want to make sure we are there for all the fun in AP.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You really don't want to miss the animator's show. Also, all three theater shows are new, so I wouldn't suggest missing them either.

What I would do--you said you have already booked Palo and Remy. When you board, you'll see your dining rotation. If you have a conflict, go to "dining changes" and move either your rotation or your adult dining to resolve it. We went in and were the ONLY people there. I said to the Palo manager that I could move either one, but I didn't want Palo on Animator's night...so move whichever is easier for you. They chose to move our rotation--fine with me and it all worked perfectly.

If you have a 6 pm BBB appointment, you will miss the whole theater show (not the beginning as you stated). I'd skip BBB, but that's just me. Sounds like you need to make a choice. Again, you could book the 6 pm and try on the ship for an earlier appointment.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

Probably a good idea to book a specific rotation. We booked Palo the last night and asked to not have AP the last night.

We did the western itinerary. Aladdin was the show. Some weeks they seem to be doing a 3pm matinee as well, but when we went in Sept they did not have one.
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
Hope2cruise
Mouseketeer

The first show in Animator's is Crush and the second is the Animation show. I wouldn't want to miss either one. We requested a certain rotation but didn't get it. Once onboard we went to Royal Court and had the rotation changed to what I originally requested. It took 2 minutes.

As for the show on formal night, I think it was the Believe show on our cruise Sept. 1st.
09/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise, 02/11 Pop, 02/11 AS Sports, 02/05 AKL, 02/05 AS Movies, 02/02 Off site, 01/94 Off site, 09/92 Land & Sea Honeymoon, Big Red Boat /Contemporary, 1974 – 1990 Off site multiple times.
Hope2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Happy100
DIS Veteran

I thought someone told me that for the AERAERA rotation the show night was the last night in Animators? Crush first night, second night Pirate and last night show? Can someone please confirm or deny this for me?

Disney Fantasy 1/3/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
You really don't want to miss the animator's show. Also, all three theater shows are new, so I wouldn't suggest missing them either.

What I would do--you said you have already booked Palo and Remy. When you board, you'll see your dining rotation. If you have a conflict, go to "dining changes" and move either your rotation or your adult dining to resolve it. We went in and were the ONLY people there. I said to the Palo manager that I could move either one, but I didn't want Palo on Animator's night...so move whichever is easier for you. They chose to move our rotation--fine with me and it all worked perfectly.

If you have a 6 pm BBB appointment, you will miss the whole theater show (not the beginning as you stated). I'd skip BBB, but that's just me. Sounds like you need to make a choice. Again, you could book the 6 pm and try on the ship for an earlier appointment.
Thanks! That's what I was planning to do. We have never had to do this on the Magic since we are so familiar with shows, etc. and our Dream cruise was a short one so we only booked Palo - and did it for a night we knew we wouldn't miss a show of any kind. And re BBB I think I am just going to keep what we booked for now and then rebook on ship - perhaps for another day. I think DD wants to do the Minnie sailor costume so it is not important that it be on formal night. Appreciate the advice.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
QueenGuinevere
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy100
I thought someone told me that for the AERAERA rotation the show night was the last night in Animators? Crush first night, second night Pirate and last night show? Can someone please confirm or deny this for me?
This was the rotation I requested, and the DCL rep told me the exact same thing you heard...you will have 3 nights in AP on the AERAERA rotation...crush, pirate then animation...
QueenGuinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenGuinevere View Post
This was the rotation I requested, and the DCL rep told me the exact same thing you heard...you will have 3 nights in AP on the AERAERA rotation...crush, pirate then animation...
We cruised in May with AERAERA and that order is correct. Crush, pirate, animation.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you can wait to book Palo/Remy until you get onboard, you will have your dining rotation and know which night not to skip. Skipped the Crush show for Remy as I'd seen it on the Dream. The second Animators night is the animation show.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
SeaNana
Mouseketeer

We had the same decisions to make in June as we did not want to miss anything. We went to Palo brunch on the first sea day and Remy for dinner on another sea day. There were matinees of the theater shows, so we attended one on our Remy day. The matinee was packed, so get there early.
SeaNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
aaklang
Mouseketeer

The good show in AP is on the second night you're there. We liked AP much more than the other two restaurants and I wouldn't have wanted to miss it either night for Palo or Remy.

On formal night (night 2) the show is Aladdin.
aaklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy100 View Post

What has been said about the animation show being the second night is only true for two of the rotations that only go to AP two nights. A better way to think about it IMO is the show will be the last night you are in AP. We had the rotation you list and the pirate show is the second night in AP.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: