Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

DO IT

Not crazy A ALL !!!
I do Mother's day weekend trip with my DD ( Only 5) It was something that started with my DM . I LOVE the memories !! They are better than any piece of jewelry or apple product or party. I cherish those years I had with my Mom. I enjoy every bit with my dd. We did do a trip to WDW 2 years ago just her and I ... It was so much fun.
To keep the cost low try a value like Pop...or AoA Little Mermaid room for you 2 girls. If you want to bump it up a bit I love POFQ small and quaint. They boat to DTD is nice too.

START PLANNING !!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ????????
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Tricia's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #17
tgreencreatemem
Earning My Ears

Thanks all!

I have decided we are doing it! And after looking at airfare, its much cheaper to go the week after Memorial Day - so we will leave May 30 or 31 and come back June 3. Hotel prices with military discount were better then too - so I feel comfortable with that- difference between POP and Music was $20 so I just have to decide which DD would enjoy more. She is a Broadway and Belle crazed teen, so Music would be perfect if we can get in the Broadway area - but POP would be awesome in the 80's area. She takes after mom and loves the 80's!

Oh - I love planning! Any big things we should do as an extra birthday treat?!
tgreencreatemem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreencreatemem View Post
We had a great time on our disney trip this summer, so great in fact, that the teen daughter is BEGGING to go again. I normally wouldn't consider it so soon, but she does have her sweet 16 coming up, and she was very disappointed she didn't get to see the new fantasyland - especially Belle's castle etc. Belle is the favorite princess since age 3.

So I am considering booking a girl's weekend to celebrate her birthday. We can get military parkhopper passes so really that cost is negligible. I have taken her for weekend birthday trips before so not out of the realm of possibility from our past. Her birthday is in December, but because of high school activity schedules, we really wouldn't be able to go until Memorial day weekend. Would you go then? And where would you look at staying to keep things relatively inexpensive? I think our plane tickets will be the most costly part.

Thanks - and I look forward to you opinions!

Tricia
I'd consider waiting until 2014, when the 7 dwarfs mine train is open. You can then make it a high school graduation present. At least by then, maybe some of the mad rush for the new FL Expan. grand opening may have settled down a little bit.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #19
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Quote:
Thanks all!

I have decided we are doing it! And after looking at airfare, its much cheaper to go the week after Memorial Day - so we will leave May 30 or 31 and come back June 3. Hotel prices with military discount were better then too - so I feel comfortable with that- difference between POP and Music was $20 so I just have to decide which DD would enjoy more. She is a Broadway and Belle crazed teen, so Music would be perfect if we can get in the Broadway area - but POP would be awesome in the 80's area. She takes after mom and loves the 80's!

Hi, My DD and I have been on a few Mother & Daughter trips , one of our favorite things to do is TEA at the GF . We usually get the Grand Tea and count it as a late lunch,DELICIOUS!! Joan
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
angiejg
DIS Veteran

Totally NOT insane! We just went in June, but are going back for Thanksgiving. Should we be putting that money toward something else? I'm sure! But we have never been in November and my kids are getting older. If they want to go and we get to spend that time together, then we are going for it! Disney memories are so special! I say GO FOR IT!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks all!

What about one of the tours? Keys to the kingdom tour, or the segway tour through World Showcase?

Definitely dinner at Be Our Guest, since she is a Belle fan!

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I would do it. I would love to take a Mother/Daughter trip to WDW someday. DD is only 2 now. I probably won't ever because DH also loves WDW.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #23
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

I'd go for sure and stay anywhere that would make sense $-wise. All Star, Downtown Disney hotels, wherever.

We often vote about when the trip is worth it or not, and 'or not' has never won.

Go get 'em!!
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Not to be a debbie downer but flight prices will be higher than usual because of the holiday weekend as well. If you can swing it, do it, but keep that in mind!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
tink&stitchmom
Mouseketeer

I'm in the process of planning a surprise sweet 16 mother and daughter trip for MLK weekend. DD turns 16 on the Monday of that trip and I've booked CRT for dinner that evening, something we've never done and the big splurge of the trip. I'm also going to book the Segway EPCOT tour with my Disney visa (20% savings) for the next day. I was fortunate to have signed up for the SW visa when they were offering 50,000 points so our flights are cheap ($99 annual fee and $10 in booking fees). I booked our room @POP with the military discount (really wanted LM room at AoA but they aren't discounted) and will get the 4 day military tickets when we get there. I'm so excited for this special trip--I just need to decide when and how to tell her!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #26
tgreencreatemem
Earning My Ears

We don't want to wait until 2014 - DD is desperate to do Be Our Guest and Belle's area - she was so bummed when it wasn't open for our trip in June.

I think tea at the Grand Floridian would be a great things and am thinking about a few other things!

Thanks for all the great input.
tgreencreatemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #27
princessSunshine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We don't want to wait until 2014 - DD is desperate to do Be Our Guest and Belle's area - she was so bummed when it wasn't open for our trip in June.

I think tea at the Grand Floridian would be a great things and am thinking about a few other things!

Thanks for all the great input.
Nah, don't wait until 2014, just go AGAIN in 2014!!!

pssst - you're not crazy unless everyone on the disboards are crazy and if we're all crazy wouldn't that make us the norm?
princessSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: