Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyinthehouse View Post
I would say to plan on tips for anyone that helps you with your bags. Also, you need to tip for your meals as the tip is not included in the dining plan. We are leaving tomorrow and I have tried to have everything packed in the suitcases for awhile just to determine if we have enough space. But I can't get my DH to get his stuff together until the last minute - he is now realizing that maybe we need another suitcase...
Can you charge your tips to your room? We typically don't carry any cash and just charge everything to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
I understand what you mean about spending a lot on tips. I went to Las Vegas once and felt like everyone had their hand out just for holding open a door, etc.

I always tip the ME driver (he is driving me to/from my resort and taking care of my bags) and the maids (daily). This is just what I do - there are many, many threads, opinions on the boards about tipping.
If my room is not ready when we check in and have to store our bags I tip the bell hop a dollar bag to hold them and when our room is ready I do the same for the person that brings the bags to the room (if he brings up 4 bags I will give him a $5).
The restaurants at Disney, from what I remember, print on the bill what 18% & 20% of the bill's tip would be. Nice of them isn't it?
I do not tip the daily bus drivers to and from the parks. Really haven't seen many do this.

So basically....I tip the ME driver/maids/bell hop (if I have the need to use them)/waitstaff at restaurants/bartenders.

Like I said, this is just what I do.
Stop stressing...deep breath.
What do you do about tipping the bellhop if your bags are delivered to your room when you're not there? I felt bad last year because our bags magically appeared in our room while we were out exploring the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrain13 View Post
I set up touring plans for each day as well. What are the chances of actually sticking with them? As you can tell I like to have everything planned out in advance as much as possible, but I know all too well that when actually being there I just want to have fun and the plans can change.
I considered our touring plans to be more of a general to-do list than an actual plan. The parks are so big and overwhelming, it was nice to know what attractions to head for and in a general order. We spent three days in the MK and only followed the plan the first day. After that, we knew what we liked and adapted the other two days to maximize the favorites and skip everything else.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: