Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #121
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Subbing in! I'll be staying at POP the last week of August 2013 for the first time! I have always stayed at All Star Sports but the last time I was there there were big groups of cheerleaders and dance troups so it was a bit hectic and I'm looking forward to a better food court as well! Can't wait!
Many POPers are in Disney at that time! And most likely FD will be offered if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
You're welcome! Like I said, this was in February, so it could have changed, but I got a chair then at least And I'm usually in the parks too, but AK closed at 6pm that day, and I got back to POP fast enough and figured, why not?
Why not? It did it in perfect!! Many times our AK day is paired with a TS at one of the resorts, so we are not at POP at the 8:30 timeframe. BUT I do want to see a movie there next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
Subscribing. We will be there Jan 10 - 13 - marathon weekend. Had booked standard, but with the Disney Visa Discount today, upgraded to Preferred Pool view! DH and I stayed one night several years ago before moving over to Bonnet Creek, and really liked the layout. We will move off site for six nights, then back to POP for the last night.
Lindsey ... I will be in Disney too at that time!! BUT, as I am on an adults trip and sharing a room with two others, so we are not at POP.... booked a deal at FQ, and getting a little more room and queen beds. BUT I do plan on visiting when I'm there! Maybe I'll run into you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Checked in this afternoon about 2-2:30. Quick and easy with online check in. We got our requested 60's section. We got to swim for about 5 minutes before they closed the pool due to lightning. Its been raining ever since. So we dropped some cash at the arcade and the gift shop, of course! Magic kingdom tomorrow!
Have a GREAT time!! We love the 60s!! Hope the rain goes away for you. Have fun at MK today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
We leave for the airport today, and fly to Disney early tomorrow morning. Should be wheels down by 10:30am or sooner!!! :d ance3:

Feeling so blessed today and can't wait to be in my happy place. Happy Planning everyone and safe travels!!
Safe travels to you!! Have a fabulous time!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #122
FancyNancy
Princess

Thanks! I went for the Flower and Garden festival this year and am excited to try August next year! Although going more than a year between visits is not easy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #123
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Thanks! I went for the Flower and Garden festival this year and am excited to try August next year! Although going more than a year between visits is not easy!
Totally understand the waiting part! I like to get to Disney for SWW one year .... that will be nice.

Mid to late August is a nice time to go ... a little less crowds than July/June as Florida schools are back in session ... lower rates and historicaly FD. I mean it's going to be hot and humid anyway over the summer, why not save some $$ by going in August?

TY Kook!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #124
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
From Mousesavers: New - Disney Visa Discounts as of 10/4/12

Room Only Discounts:
New!Disney’s Visa cardholders can save up to 35% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 1/2/13-3/7/13 (stays 1/18/13-1/20/13 are available at some resorts but may have different prices and discounts). Save 15%-25% at Value resorts, 30% at Moderate resorts, and 25%-35% at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts. Book by 12/31/12.

You can also book a package with the Room discount.

Thanks Grumpy Grandma for the heads up.
I guess we don't know what the discount percentage is for POP, huh? DD has to be there to check in for DCP on Jan 14. I guess I should go ahead and book and if a better rate comes out then change since I don't have a choice on the dates...
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #125
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I guess we don't know what the discount percentage is for POP, huh? DD has to be there to check in for DCP on Jan 14. I guess I should go ahead and book and if a better rate comes out then change since I don't have a choice on the dates...
On the room-only discount, they are showing 25% for Pop, Sports, and Movies, and 15% for AoA Suites. AoA Little Mermaid is excluded.

Disney isn't showing percentage off examples for the packages.

Here's the links to the Disney Visa pages with the details they provide:

Room-only
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay/Play/Dine
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #126
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
On the room-only discount, they are showing 25% for Pop, Sports, and Movies, and 15% for AoA Suites. AoA Little Mermaid is excluded.

Disney isn't showing percentage off examples for the packages.

Here's the links to the Disney Visa pages with the details they provide:

Room-only
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay/Play/Dine
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12
jcarwash ... Thanks for posting the links to the Disney Visa info. It's got me thinking about a family trip ... probably getting an AP in January ...

TY Kook!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #127
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay! So excited... DH and I will soon be booking Pop from Feb 7-10, 2013 for an little alone time without the kids!! Any recommendations for a quiet room with a nice view of the lake?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #128
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yay! So excited... DH and I will soon be booking Pop from Feb 7-10, 2013 for an little alone time without the kids!! Any recommendations for a quiet room with a nice view of the lake?
Hey Jen! Happy you "popped" in!! Quiet room at POP Lake view rooms, upper floors are generally quieter. Bldg 3 (50s), Bldgs 4&5 (60s) have lakeview rooms and are convenient to Classic Hall/Busing. Great news is that lake rooms are standard. These are our favorite areas!

Many people like the 70s which also offers lake view rooms (we never stayed there). FYI.. King rooms are by request only and are limited in supply, but you may be fortunate to get one. (assume you would want one on this trip )

If you like, you can refer to the 2012 map to get a sense of the layout of the resort.

So thrilled your mom is making this trip a reality for you and DH!!

TY Kook!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #129
snkasweet
Earning My Ears

I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #130
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I just read somewhere on the dis board that's the pop gift shop sold liquor?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #131
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet View Post
I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!
Congratulations on your first trip.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #132
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I just read somewhere on the dis board that's the pop gift shop sold liquor?
Yes, they do...I assume all or most of the resorts have a selection like this (photo from an easywdw review of Pop.)

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #133
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room? Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #134
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?
Yes.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #135
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!!

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: