Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #1081
marhs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
One of my former CM coworkers posted this recent video that Disney released called, "I am a Princess." It is wonderful! I hope you all enjoy and share with your friends, daughters, mothers and all loved ones!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUGn...e_gdata_player
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Now I'm all teary. I too, would love to get the transcript of that as a poster. Thanks for sharing.
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #1082
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Happy Friday, Waiting Room!

Love, love, LOVE the "I am a Princess" video, too!

Okay, who's ready for some Round 2 announcements? Do we think today is the day? Or maybe some time over the weekend? Early next week?
2009 - Vero Beach / Beach Club Villas / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) / Caribbean Beach (Aug)
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #1083
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Beautiful video. Thanks for sharing it.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #1084
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Warning, only watch the "I am a Princess" before you put on your eye makeup. Afterwards, you are on your own. Waterproof mascara is a definite must!

Hoping our wait for Round 2 announcements is coming to an end soon. If you still want to be added to our List of Hopefuls, send me a quick PM. If you just want to take a look a our fabulous list, you can see all of our magnificent DISBoards Hopefuls here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EQ3d1lDS2JMRlE

Have a magical weekend, everyone!

ETA: I think everyone is in the correct specialty (WDW, DLR, DCL, etc) - Please, do not hesitate to PM me if your info is incorrect or you would like for it to be edited!

Last edited by DisneyLifeMel; 10-05-2012 at 08:27 AM.
DisneyLifeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #1085
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hoping our wait for Round 2 announcements is coming to an end soon. If you still want to be added to our List of Hopefuls, send me a quick PM. If you just want to take a look a our fabulous list, you can see all of our magnificent DISBoards Hopefuls here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EQ3d1lDS2JMRlE

Have a magical weekend, everyone!

ETA: I think everyone is in the correct specialty (WDW, DLR, DCL, etc) - Please, do not hesitate to PM me if your info is incorrect or you would like for it to be edited!
Thanks for taking such good care of us, Mel! Looks like you are more than ready to update it for Round 2 hopefuls....
2009 - Vero Beach / Beach Club Villas / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) / Caribbean Beach (Aug)
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #1086
southern_belle21
Always dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Warning, only watch the "I am a Princess" before you put on your eye makeup. Afterwards, you are on your own. Waterproof mascara is a definite must!
Glad I watched BEFORE I started putting my makeup on! Thank you for the warning!

LOVE MNSSHP!

All those trips to Disneyland with mom and Mimi, I miss you both
southern_belle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #1087
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post
Thanks for taking such good care of us, Mel! Looks like you are more than ready to update it for Round 2 hopefuls....
Awe, thanks. I love taking care of the folks here. It's what I do!

And, to everyone here: If the magical emails do come out this weekend, & you are one of the lucky ones moving on to Round 2, please send me a PM so I can note it on The List. The board will move even quicker once the announcements are sent, and I do not want to miss anyone! Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #1088
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390
Happy Friday, Waiting Room!

Love, love, LOVE the "I am a Princess" video, too!

Okay, who's ready for some Round 2 announcements? Do we think today is the day? Or maybe some time over the weekend? Early next week?
I have a feeling the emails will get sent either today or tomorrow. Wishing everyone tons of pixie dust!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #1089
skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
I have a feeling the emails will get sent either today or tomorrow. Wishing everyone tons of pixie dust!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #1090
skater

Whatever happens, and I'm not overly hopeful as a first time applicant, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and "meeting" the wonderful people on this forum. I am rooting for all of us and look forward to following everyone's adventures as the process continues. This has been a little secret pleasure in my life that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #1091
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

I'm glad everyone is loving that "I am a Princess" video as much as me...and yes, definitely requires a waterworks warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Whatever happens, and I'm not overly hopeful as a first time applicant, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and "meeting" the wonderful people on this forum. I am rooting for all of us and look forward to following everyone's adventures as the process continues. This has been a little secret pleasure in my life that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Glad you've enjoyed your time here...and as others surely will agree, don't lose hope! Last year was my first year applying and I had no expectations but made it to R2. My journey ended there, but as you said, it's about connections made!! Just having a blast this year!!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #1092
blackdogg
Mouseketeer

just checking in on this thread... best of luck hopefuls!!! i hope you hear wonderful news soon

DH DD~9 DD~6
BLT-Fall 09
GFRPC-11
AOA/GFRPC-12
WL/YC-13
FW-BCCL-14

blackdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #1093
Mahorn
Mouseketeer

I am almost petrified I am so glad I have made friends here but the anticipation is awful. I have never made it past round 1 so i don't have much hope but it has been fun.

A job update I got called by the recruiter yesterday but missed the call. I left a message yesterday but will try calling this afternoon. Hopefully this is a new opportunity opening for my kids and I.

Need prayers
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1094
logpey
Disney or bust!

Talking Great Friday to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
I feel the same way, today or tomorrow! Don't worry if you're not on Twitter or the FB Disney MPH page, everyone here will quickly see disboards pages jumping like crazy!

Here's to a great weekend & hopefully plenty of this come December!! Woot, Woot..
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #1095
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

I have been quiet because I am nervous. This was my first try applying, so I am not holding out much hope. I really didn't "prepare" my essay, I just wrote from the heart. Sometimes that is enough, so I'll keep wishing on that star & kissing frogs please please please

I would love to know more about the Disney Diva thing? What is it all about? I am a mom o two boys with autism, and finally recovering after three years from severe feet injuries that resulted in 4 surgeries (2 each foot). It has been a long, lonely road. I could use some sense of community. I am an avid Disney trip scrapbooker, but alas no one I know outside of my family shares my love for Disney!

My best memory from this period is my 40th birthday celebration in WDW in March 2010. I couldn't walk, couldn't bare weight, and could barely transfer from scooter to chair. I had the time of my life though! My guys birthday bombed our hotel room Disney style. I got gifts from each of the fab five, flowers, balloons, a cake, signs, you name it! I cried. It was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Even though I was bound to my scooter, the weather was perfect EVERY DAY, it was Flower & Garden Festival, and everything was in bloom. Breathtaking. I also got made over at BBB. I got to be a Queen and my boys were my knights. We enjoyed lunch right after the makeovers at CRT, and after that I FINALLY got to meet my favorite princess from childhood: RAPUNZEL!

This November over Thanksgiving we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with kids at our family happy place: WDW. I cannot wait! We have so many cool things planned, the best of which is having Thanksgiving dinner at BoG. I cannot wait!

Blessings to all us hopefuls!
Julie
aka Minnie Mommy Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: