Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #1831
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I have three children (DD11, DD 7, and DS 10), we are staying at BW for 8 days from March 16-23. Any ideas on things that they would enjoy around the resort besides the pool?
Arcade near the clown pool, surreys to rent outside on the Boardwalk, take the very short walk around the lake to the marina which has assorted boats and bikes to rent.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #1832
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I have three children (DD11, DD 7, and DS 10), we are staying at BW for 8 days from March 16-23. Any ideas on things that they would enjoy around the resort besides the pool?

And Fantasia mini-golf is a very short walk away, across from Swan/Dolphin.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #1833
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail

And Fantasia mini-golf is a very short walk away, across from Swan/Dolphin.
Thank you for the information. I think that we will all have a blast.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #1834
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

We're back from the Fantasy and back at the Boardwalk. Better room this time, 5011. Live the long balcony instead of the two separate ones in 4041 last week. And yes, we will be running the glasses through the dishwasher ;-)

Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1835
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Havent been on this thread in a while. We are officially at 73 days until we are at BW (Dlx CL) for 10 nts!!

IPO has been wonderful to work with over the last few months.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #1836
Pat329
Mouseketeer

transportation question

Are there separate buses for the Boardwalk Inn and just the Boardwalk area? My reason is I was wondering about what bus we would get leaving a resort after late dinner reservation if all the parks are closed. I have late ressies for Ohana and Cali Grill for nights that MK closes at 7pm. The rule is no bus between resorts so how will we get back to BI? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #1837
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329
Are there separate buses for the Boardwalk Inn and just the Boardwalk area? My reason is I was wondering about what bus we would get leaving a resort after late dinner reservation if all the parks are closed. I have late ressies for Ohana and Cali Grill for nights that MK closes at 7pm. The rule is no bus between resorts so how will we get back to BI? Thanks in advance!
They share the same bus stop. It's out the front (from the lobby) and to the left towards the convention center

Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #1838
katyj26
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329
You will have to use the Downtown Disney buses if the parks close before you head back. The only way to get from resort to resort after park close is to switch buses at DD.
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #1839
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
Except for the Downtown Disney switch, which will take forever, your best bet is a taxi. Will be about $15-20 and take 15-20 minutes instead of about 60-90 mins with the DD switch. Ps-- does MK close at 7 for a special party, like the Halloween or Xmas ones? If so, the MK busses will still run to service the party.
Personally we still find taxis easier.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #1840
jtamchay
Earning My Ears

BWV October 24- November 3 2012

we are in count down mode...DIL has question about the coffee maker in 2BR villa...what kind is it so she can bring her own stuff.
Garden Grocer...ordering some items...we have 2 separate reservations so will be moving from a standard room to the 2BR Villa on Saturday October 27 2012.
When we order the groceries for Saturday morning delivery do we need to be present or will the staff store these itmes for us and then move them to our newly assigned room.
We actually want to head over to MK after we get up and not sure how this all works when moving rooms...some nerves associated with all of this as first timers in BWV.
all help appreciated, jo
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #1841
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
How late are the reservations? The buses run considerably later than the actual park closing.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #1842
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamchay View Post
we are in count down mode...DIL has question about the coffee maker in 2BR villa...what kind is it so she can bring her own stuff.
Garden Grocer...ordering some items...we have 2 separate reservations so will be moving from a standard room to the 2BR Villa on Saturday October 27 2012.
When we order the groceries for Saturday morning delivery do we need to be present or will the staff store these itmes for us and then move them to our newly assigned room.
We actually want to head over to MK after we get up and not sure how this all works when moving rooms...some nerves associated with all of this as first timers in BWV.
all help appreciated, jo
The coffee makers are traditional Mr. Coffee's, nothing fancy.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #1843
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DIL has question about the coffee maker in 2BR villa...what kind is it so she can bring her own stuff.
Basket type (flat bottom) filters, not the cone type.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #1844
jtamchay
Earning My Ears

thanks for the help...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #1845
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
all help appreciated, jo
Just confirming with a photo what Pete and Isyorke reported...CaliforniaDreaming posted a photo of the two-bedroom coffee maker a couple of pages back (and I also have it on the first page of the thread). Have a wonderful vacation!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: