Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #196
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Good to see a positive review of the burger..that is what DH will be having. He has agreed to eat there as i want to to but fair to say it is not his style.

My plan is the seafood curry and the wonton dessert.

Your food pictures are lovely.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #197
ksromack
DIS Veteran

We have ADRs at Y&Y in December......I don't know exactly what dim sum is but I'm always afraid to order things I'm not sure of since I'm allergic to shellfish. It's noted on all of our ADRs so hopefully none of those little vermits will sneak in my meals

I do love pot stickers.....I'll give them a try and maybe the ribs.

Of course, dh and I will have to get separate desserts.....def get the cheese wontons (what's the secret sauce)? I think the mango pie sounds interesting too!

So since you loved Capt Grille I made a lunch ADR there. Couldn't make it a dinner ADR so I'm really anxious to hear your reviews!

Oh, and I love the Lion King show...your pictures were great as always!
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #198
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that the great part of the meal was dedicated in my name - it wouldn't have been as meaningful if it was the duck!! Sorry that there were some disappointments with the meal.

Let us know when you re-create this recipe - I'd be interested to know how you did it!!

How wonderful that the CMs gave you a seat of honor at the FOTLK show. I love that show. Such good acrobatics and music.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #199
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
We have ADRs at Y&Y in December......I don't know exactly what dim sum is but I'm always afraid to order things I'm not sure of since I'm allergic to shellfish. It's noted on all of our ADRs so hopefully none of those little vermits will sneak in my meals
I heave learned to only offer my allergy info when I want to try something unfamiliar, usually something something like things listed as just dim sum because I don't need to deal with the chef or draw attention.

BUT if I want to try something at Disney I ask. They are so careful, they won't cause a reaction. On a side note don't feel the same in the real world (outside Disney world). I went to an Italian chain restaurant twice (recent and only time in my life) and both times cross contamination did me in. Wouldn't have gone back had they not lied about their cooking procedures. I've never been scared or even carried my Epi pen at Disney. They are amazing, you will have no problem when trying things if you let them know.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #200
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

How wonderful for Lion King pixie dust!! What a great honeymoon gift The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie so I'm partial to that amazing show!
Too bad Y&Y was a disappointment (though your pictures make everything look fantastic!), I have heard some mixed reviews from there. I do plan on a dinner there during our trip, and I am not ashamed to say it is solely because of those wontons Hope my family doesn't mind!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #201
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Just got caught up on your reviews, Rosey! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous...they seem like they are in 3D and I don't even have to put on the funny looking glasses!
Thanks Barb! I wish I can just reach out in this pics sometimes and get the food to eat again. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I'm sorry your Y&Y food was disappointing. It's unfortunate that such beautifully photographed food can be such a let down.
I think I ordered the wrong thing. Judging from the responses, the seafood curry seems to be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Glad you loved the wontons at Yak & Yeti. I'm also not a huge fan of the rest of the food there, but those wontons were a unique and delicious dessert. And your photos from FotLK are so cool!
Thanks, DDW! We will never forget FotLK. It was just incredible. I think I will end up going back to Y&Y in the future just because DH loved I so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't like Yak and Yeti. I have never had the entrees you ordered and am glad I haven't after reading your reviews. I will stick to my beloved seafood curry there I agree the dessert is super there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
The seafood curry does sound really good. I'm sure I'll be back at Y&Y one day for those wontons, and I'll definitely have to stick with your entree recommendation!
I agree with DDW! I will definitely order the seafood curry next time. I know DH wants to go back to Y&Y and I do want those wontons again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
My first Y&Y experience was with a very disappointing honey chicken. I stayed away for a few years and went back this past May. Vettegirl is right; the seafood curry is outstanding! I'm so sorry you were disappointed but I know the feeling!
Another vote for seafood curry! Thanks! I will definitely have that next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Sorry Yak and Yeti didn't turn out as you had hoped. My son is dying to try the burger there and if he sees how yummy those shoestring fries look he will want to go eat there even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Good to see a positive review of the burger..that is what DH will be having. He has agreed to eat there as i want to to but fair to say it is not his style.

My plan is the seafood curry and the wonton dessert.

Your food pictures are lovely.
Thank you very much! Yes, the burger was apparently really good. Good enough that he wants me to go back there the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

I do love pot stickers.....I'll give them a try and maybe the ribs.

Of course, dh and I will have to get separate desserts.....def get the cheese wontons (what's the secret sauce)? I think the mango pie sounds interesting too!

So since you loved Capt Grille I made a lunch ADR there. Couldn't make it a dinner ADR so I'm really anxious to hear your reviews!

Oh, and I love the Lion King show...your pictures were great as always!
Don't worry about your allergies! DH has lactose-intolerance and he has spoken to every chef in every restaurant we went to. The chefs were very accommodating! I really suggest you do the same. It is a great experience.

I think the secret sauce is vanilla and condensed milk. I need to do some research in my kitchen laboratory in the near future, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm glad that the great part of the meal was dedicated in my name - it wouldn't have been as meaningful if it was the duck!! Sorry that there were some disappointments with the meal.

Let us know when you re-create this recipe - I'd be interested to know how you did it!!

How wonderful that the CMs gave you a seat of honor at the FOTLK show. I love that show. Such good acrobatics and music.
Brenda, they were amazing. I think the sauce is condensed milk and vanilla. FotLK is just something I will never forget.

Btw, I have a surprise post at the end of the review. It is a happy secret I will disclose at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
I heave learned to only offer my allergy info when I want to try something unfamiliar, usually something something like things listed as just dim sum because I don't need to deal with the chef or draw attention.

BUT if I want to try something at Disney I ask. They are so careful, they won't cause a reaction. On a side note don't feel the same in the real world (outside Disney world). I went to an Italian chain restaurant twice (recent and only time in my life) and both times cross contamination did me in. Wouldn't have gone back had they not lied about their cooking procedures. I've never been scared or even carried my Epi pen at Disney. They are amazing, you will have no problem when trying things if you let them know.
Sweetspot is totally right. DH's experience with the chefs have been wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
How wonderful for Lion King pixie dust!! What a great honeymoon gift The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie so I'm partial to that amazing show!
Too bad Y&Y was a disappointment (though your pictures make everything look fantastic!), I have heard some mixed reviews from there. I do plan on a dinner there during our trip, and I am not ashamed to say it is solely because of those wontons Hope my family doesn't mind!
Try the seafood curry! It seems highly recommended and the way to go. XD Also, those wontons are so worth it. O.O
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #202
sushi candy
Foodie

Raglan Road Dinner Review

Salmon Swoon (app)

Salmon Swoon is Irish smoked salmon served with creme fraiche, shallots, and capers. This was absolutely heavenly. The smoked salmon is perfect and not too salty. When accompanied by the subtle creme fraiche, fragrant shallots, and salty capers, it just sang in my mouth. This was an excellent app.

Rating:

Kiss Before Shrimp (app)

Kiss before shrimp is a term meant that after eating this garlicky dish, it wouldn't be advisable to smooch your love, let alone Dracula. The perfectly cooked and plump shrimp is resting in a spicy garlicky sauce. The heat from the sauce is perfect and the garlicky taste strong but not overpowering. This was served with a few slices of crispy baguette. I definitely dipped the bread and ate the dish altogether.*This again was a winner!*

Rating:

Lambo (Entree)

I just polished off two apps and this dish now looks daunting in its portion size. The lamb shank is juicy, tender, and fell off the bone. The rosemary au jus sauce is perfect dripped over the veggies and mashed potatoes underneath. I wish there was more. This is a great, solid entree- especially for lamb lovers.

Rating:

Burger R Way (entree)*
DH orders this. Notice a pattern yet, lol. He said he liked it and it was a solid burger.

Dunbrody's Kiss (dessert)
DH ordered this and ate around the raspberries. He hates them. He said it was good and chocolatey.

Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding (dessert)

Ever yearn for a comforting, warm dessert for the coming winter? This just screams comfort food for me. It was warm and just delicious. The bread pudding is moist and tender. It tastes incredible drowning in the sweet sauce. This definitely warms the belly and exudes comfort food.*

Rating:

Overall, Raglan Road was an amazing meal. The live entertainment was as fantastic as the food. This is a restaurant we will definitely need to come back to.

Rating:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #203
jmm476
DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed Raglan Road! I just booked there after cancelling our Whispering Canyon ADR. It will be our first time at RR, I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your review.
WDW Commando Member #75

Next trip - April 2014 - one night at All Star Sports with co-workers!

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #204
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yay! Raglan Road is one of my mom's favorites, and while it hasn't proven itself to be a must-do for me, your review makes me want to return. That salmon appetizer looks nice and light (which is a noticeable difference from most other menu items there), and the bread pudding is an excellent dessert.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #205
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Mmmmm... Raglan Road... It was one of our favorites! Can't wait to try it again!!
smile4stamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #206
Roma
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry Y&Y wasn't a home run for you. Unfortunately nothing on the entree menu really appeals to me besides the burger... sad I know! I think I would be fine with just the apps and the wontons there too (and from all the Y&Y reviews I've read lately this seems to be a common theme).

I'm so excited to see that you loved RR! DH and I are going there on our first night and we can't wait. I don't really like bread pudding and neither does DH so we're torn over whether or not to order it there since everyone raves about it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #207
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

RR is definitely on my list for must do dining in the future. I see a burger trend there with your DH. The bread pudding looks wonderful! Do you know if they still have pavlova on the dessert menu? Thanks for sharing another lovely review with your fabulous photos!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #208
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476
So glad you enjoyed Raglan Road! I just booked there after cancelling our Whispering Canyon ADR. It will be our first time at RR, I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your review.
It was such a wonderful experience. the dancers and the food were amazing,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip
Yay! Raglan Road is one of my mom's favorites, and while it hasn't proven itself to be a must-do for me, your review makes me want to return. That salmon appetizer looks nice and light (which is a noticeable difference from most other menu items there), and the bread pudding is an excellent dessert.
The Salmon Swoon was great and the portion was perfect. I think you will love it, DDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps
Mmmmm... Raglan Road... It was one of our favorites! Can't wait to try it again!!
I definitely have it on our short list of must visits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma
I'm sorry Y&Y wasn't a home run for you. Unfortunately nothing on the entree menu really appeals to me besides the burger... sad I know! I think I would be fine with just the apps and the wontons there too (and from all the Y&Y reviews I've read lately this seems to be a common theme).

I'm so excited to see that you loved RR! DH and I are going there on our first night and we can't wait. I don't really like bread pudding and neither does DH so we're torn over whether or not to order it there since everyone raves about it.
Maybe one of you can order one and get another you both really like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy
RR is definitely on my list for must do dining in the future. I see a burger trend there with your DH. The bread pudding looks wonderful! Do you know if they still have pavlova on the dessert menu? Thanks for sharing another lovely review with your fabulous photos!
I remember seeing it on the lunch menu, Brenda. I don't think it was in the dinner menu. On a side note, I know how to make pavlovas now! I can make the meringue base.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #209
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
I just did the exact same thing.....only we're going for lunch. I love trying new things and we haven't been to any Irish Pub-y type of restaurants before
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #210
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Just getting caught up, I was so happy to find you've started your reviews! So sorry to read about the stressful start to your holiday trying to make it to your lunch ADR at Le Cellier but how great that you were able to get in for dinner! We're actually still at WDW (we leave Wednesday) and have been taking pictures of our food during this two-week food orgy, lol. Our experience at Le Cellier was similar to yours, it has definitely been my favourite meal so far. We enjoyed our meal at Tokyo Dining, and after reading your report, I'm glad I decided against the sushi. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: