Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #3226
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Friday before a long weekend OWNAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Thursday pie ownage.

Yum. If I wasn't leaving for Disney tomorrow, I might drive up for a slice.

See, I really am a fan. Yes, I know the song gets on your nerves after you get stuck on the boats at the backlog jam at the end, but it is still a must do every trip.
It is really good pie.......BUT.....I think I would pick Disney as well.
All joking aside we really like IASW as well, we do it every trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028
Is this Canadian BAcon or American Bacon?
It was tasty bacon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy
Morning....

Whole Thanksgiving weekend went all to Beverly. Plans were to go to Sarnia and DW's family.

DW got home from Band practice to find a notice that after 10 months, the landlords have decided to do something about the ant issue the building's had. Immediately after Thanksgiving, they are comming on to deal, and gave the list of prep work. There is no way in hell we could get it all ready in time, so we have to cancel and spend the weekend getting things ready. Instead of R&R with family, it's work and packing things up . Gave up my OT this morning to get started too, so it's costing us. Really got to look about getting a bigger place. We've outgrown this apartment, and gotta start getting rid of stuff. No room anymore. Four of us in a small two bedroom apt.

DW is devastated to say the least... she had some great plans this weekend, and it was the end of August since she last saw her family, now could be end of November before we can get back there. I took the brunt of it last night, and she apologized this morning

Not much to do now but get it all done. Thanks for letting me vent.
That sucks!

Hopefully you guys can salvage what is left of the weekend with just your wife and kids.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #3227
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Sunday we will be at Fulton's for dinner and some pin shopping at DTD and then back to BLT. If it doesn't work that day, see you at the MNSSHP Mon for sure.

Been up since 5:30, but still can't beat you to the boards. Maybe I'll post while driving down this AM to get you.

Thanks for the info. I checked out their menu and they were quite pricey. But, my goal is to try all the different restaurants, so we'll give it a whirl. The frutti de mer risotto sounded good.
Sunday night my friend and I will be at DTD for drinks so ill text you and see if y'all are still there
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #3228
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Wow... I'm WAY late to the DisDads club. How do I become a member?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #3229
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
You just filled out the official application. Welcome to the club!

Emma's Dad (Don) will be around one of these days to give you an official number.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #3230
belias21

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You just filled out the official application. Welcome to the club!

Emma's Dad (Don) will be around one of these days to give you an official number.
Sweet! Easiest application I've filled out in a long time. Been on the DIS for a while now but never stumbled across this corner. Trying to get caught up...

Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #3231
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Welcome!

What's your name so we know who to harass??

Tell us about yourself and maybe about your Disney experiences!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1989
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #3232
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Sweet! Easiest application I've filled out in a long time. Been on the DIS for a while now but never stumbled across this corner. Trying to get caught up...
I wouldn't worry too much about catching up. All you need to know is that Peanut Butter and Beverly are the official curse words of the DDC and bacon is the official food.

Aside from that just jump in right here.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #3233
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
I just hope it isn't another Chris or Christopher, but I'd say we're about due for a new one to join.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #3234
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Man Law says you have to finish your TR before you go again, it doesn't say you have to do one!
Very True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Sunday we will be at Fulton's for dinner and some pin shopping at DTD and then back to BLT. If it doesn't work that day, see you at the MNSSHP Mon for sure.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Have a great time, both of you. I hope the meet up isn't a disappointment for either of you.

Quote:
My last road trip to Disney World, I got my phone out and popped in to check the boards early in the morning just north of Atlanta, only to find that our thread had been deleted and a few dads were banned from here. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Quote:
...and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?
Don't forget the rubbing alcohol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning....

Whole Thanksgiving weekend went all to Beverly. Plans were to go to Sarnia and DW's family.

DW got home from Band practice to find a notice that after 10 months, the landlords have decided to do something about the ant issue the building's had. Immediately after Thanksgiving, they are comming on to deal, and gave the list of prep work. There is no way in hell we could get it all ready in time, so we have to cancel and spend the weekend getting things ready. Instead of R&R with family, it's work and packing things up . Gave up my OT this morning to get started too, so it's costing us. Really got to look about getting a bigger place. We've outgrown this apartment, and gotta start getting rid of stuff. No room anymore. Four of us in a small two bedroom apt.

DW is devastated to say the least... she had some great plans this weekend, and it was the end of August since she last saw her family, now could be end of November before we can get back there. I took the brunt of it last night, and she apologized this morning

Man that sucks Brent. Sorry to hear that. But there is one part of your post I don't understand... Canada has Thanksgiving?

Hope your day gets better.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #3235
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
All joking aside we really like IASW as well, we do it every trip.
Us too. I love that ride!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #3236
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Welcome

Quote:
Welcome!

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about catching up. All you need to know is that Peanut Butter and Beverly are the official curse words of the DDC and bacon is the official food.

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #3237
belias21

Quote:
Welcome!

Brian's the name... Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all.

I've lived in Charlotte, NC for the past 6 years now but I grew up in South FL so we went to Disney a LOT when I was growing up. I always loved it, but my fanaticism didn't start until a couple years ago when we took our children for the first time. (I got three of 'em - DD7, DS4, DS1) Thanks to the internet, I found the DIS prior to our trip in 2010 and have been addicted since then. Just about a month ago, we closed on our first DVC purchase (OKW is our home) and we're really excited!
At this point, our next trip isn't planned until Nov 2013 because I'd really like to wait until our youngest is around 2.5 before we hit the road again (plus our new DVC points don't kick in until Aug 2013). We may try to borrow some points and hit up HHI in April if we can snag a room. Regardless, it's going to be a long 13 months of trolling the Internet for my Disney fix, but there is no shortage of great sites out there.

I'm a complete fanatic and it's so nice to be able to come to a place like this and share our crazy addition with others who "get it."

Quote:

What if you put bacon in your peanut butter, would that make it ok?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #3238
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Good Morning, Gentleman. Happy Friday to all!

about to start another marathon work weekend. Seems to be the story of my life lately. working tonight, going straight to job#2 for the graveyard shift, graveyard shift on saturday night, followed by sunday noon-midnight. Was debating not even coming home sunday morning, but DD has no soccer game, which means I am free to play softball. It's probably not a good idea... but that's never stopped me before.

been scanning old pictures the last few days and uploading them for family archiving purposes. Also finally gave up on ever reviving the old laptop (wouldn't power up), so I pulled the hard drive and stuck it in DW's old laptop just so I could transfer all my files off of it.

and listening to D-cot as I do it.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #3239
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Quote:
Welcome Aboard! If you want to catch up, go back and read from pages 250 on in every previous club thread. That's where all the important information is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

But there is one part of your post I don't understand... Canada has Thanksgiving?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #3240
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Man Law says you have to finish your TR before you go again, it doesn't say you have to do one!
Nope… it sure don’t. And it would probably be better if I didn’t…

but I seem to have an irrational need to be abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning....

Sorry to hear this. Losing family time for any reason is never a good thing.
(and an unhappy DW is both unacceptable and down right dangerous).

Vent away.

Quote:
Welcome sir! Grab a beer out of the fridge and pull up a lawn chair.
All Disney obsessed dads are welcome here.

Charlotte ‘eh. I live just a smidgen south of you on the other side of that invisible barrier where the local media seems to believe that I-77 drops of the face of the earth. Are you born and raised, or is the “Queen City” just the most current home?

Quote:

Yah that just about covers it. Dues are payable in bacon, beer or Dole Whips. Just send them to Norm’s invisible mail box. All tat leaves is the initiation…

“Thank you sir, may I have another!”

Quote:
I just hope it isn't another Chris or Christopher, but I'd say we're about due for a new one to join.

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 10-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: