Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
NC State
DIS Veteran

Weather in Feb can be very cold.

Sept can be very hot and don't forget the hurricanes.

I think the crowds are much better in Feb to the point it's not crowded at all.

Typically Sept has free dining and that's when we go the most; however, I think we are now going in another month. Sept has become so crowded that it's not as fun as it use to be.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Amyhoff
Mouseketeer

I've gone in September and February. I think they are both good times to go. I personally liked being cold (It was VERY cold when we went in Feb), but the kids would miss the pool time terribly. There is no way we could have swam when we were there in February, although I know it really depends on the year. September was hot, but we took things slow, and really made time for the pool. I would go back in September personally!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

We were just there last month (mid month, the 15th). We experienced what I would call moderate crowds, the lines were decent, but with good use of FP, we were able to avoid them. The longest line we saw was Peter Pan and that was 45 minutes.

I will say I loved the low crowds of September, but I'm not sure I would do it again. When it wasn't raining, the heat and humidity was almost unbearable for us. And it rained for pretty decent periods of time (an hour or more). The time frame we went was after Issac had passed already.

We have also gone in October and April. So far, we liked April the best, but it was a little more crowded. We are attempting February next. I'll be sure to bring my jackets!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
stindall
Congress Tart

I vote for September because it'll be warmer. The temperature isn't something you can pin point so don't put much stock into most of the things people are telling you. Yes it will be warm and February will be cold, it's the same for a good portion of the United States. Personally, when we went the first week of September the weather was perfect. mid to high 70's, low 80's. Hurricanes don't impact Orlando much since it's landlocked but you may get a bit of wind and some rain, generally the rain doesn't last too long.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #20
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Have not been in February, but have been five times in the September/early October timeframe. My thoughts:

September can be (and usually is, in my experience) blazingly hot. And humid. We're talking low 90s most days. So if that's not an issue, I say go for it! You'll have low crowds, and possibly free dining.

Also, be warned that September is hurricane season. You might have brief rain showers most days, steady rain, or beautiful weather. But you might also have a hurricane! I was at WDW in 2005 for Hurricane Wilma. We only got the outer fringes of the storm, so we had heavy rain and wind for about 24 hours (had to stay in the hotel room for safety) but it wasn't bad. WDW handles hurricanes very well!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

I can't speak for Sept because we have never been then, but we love late Jan-early Feb. It is cheap, the crowds are virtually non-existent, and coming from the Northeast, we have found it very comfortable. In 2010 it was a little on the chilly side, but we had one day the kids could swim. In 2011 we are able to use the pool every day but one. I would rather bundle up a bit and enjoy the parks all day then feel like I needed a break because it was too hot. That is just our preference though.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR & AKL PHM!
12/2014 BC
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Racemom17
Mouseketeer

We have been the second week of Feb and the 2nd week of Sept. There isn't enough free food in the world to get me to go in Sept again. We liked Feb and had mild 70 degree days. We also had free dining for our package in 2011 in Feb. There were some black out days due to president days...but it isn't unheard of.

Racemom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemom17
We have been the second week of Feb and the 2nd week of Sept. There isn't enough free food in the world to get me to go in Sept again. We liked Feb and had mild 70 degree days. We also had free dining for our package in 2011 in Feb. There were some black out days due to president days...but it isn't unheard of.
THIS! We have been in nov, june, feb, may, and now sept. We will never come back in september til we have kids and they want to do MNSSHP. The weather was HOT HUMID AND RAINY (at times). February is definitely chilly in the evenings but daytime is lovely. November is also an awesome time to go, we think. We'll be back in feb this year for the Princess Half marathon

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
bduncan1976
Earning My Ears

Smile

We will be there from Jan.30-Feb.4 this year. When you says crowds are light - how light? I have been spring break, summer, 4th of July, and Christmas ( all busy times). I know what to expect for busy but I was wondering about light crowds.
bduncan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

I would go in Feb. 2014 in hopes that most of the new FL area would be finished. Plus the humidity and rain in September tends to be worse??

Last edited by disney-akj; 10-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
disney-akj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
cannmom
Mouseketeer

We have never been in Febuary. We went last January and it was fairly cool. Really too cold for swimming in my opinion, but my 12 yo DS did swim for a short while one day on that trip.

We have gone in September once and loved that visit. The crowds were really low. We did the halloween party and had a great time. You also have a good chance of a free dining promotion during that time. The only downside could be the heat. It was pretty hot. I would love to visit during September again, but with my DS getting older we don't want him to miss school.

POFQ 9/2008, POFQ 12/2009, BC 11/2010, POR 1/2012
cannmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduncan1976
We will be there from Jan.30-Feb.4 this year. When you says crowds are light - how light? I have been spring break, summer, 4th of July, and Christmas ( all busy times). I know what to expect for busy but I was wondering about light crowds.
When we have gone in Jan/Feb, most rides were pretty much walk-ons! You might see 20-30 min for SM or TSM in the middle of the day.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: