Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #61
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Elena is gone. Her outfit was such a mess.
yay! I really liked her baby outfit though
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #62
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Don't think Elena should've been kicked off for last night's challenge-but think she should've been gone weeks ago! Melissa seems really off, or at least they're editing her that way.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #63
Kimberle
WL Vet

So Friday morning (day after show aired), I received a email from Babies are us with the pictures of the winners. I though, how cute. I hadn't yet seen the show.

I thought all the outfits were cute. Babies are so fun to dress, What was Melissa thinking of a white "evening" gown under the jacket. Her jacket was cute. I was glad Elina (sp??) went home! Though, I didin't think her outfit was so bad. I kind of liked it.

You could tell Michael was totally out of his element judging. I had no idea Nina was a Mom.

The outfits in the Babies R Us ad were remade. Chris's dress and jacket is in Navy blue. The tshirt on the boys outfit has a much higher neckline and better fit.

It was a fun challange. I like Hedi's, line, too. I almost wish I had a baby to dress.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #64
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

They changed the winning girl outfit from White to Navy-WAY more practical!

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #65
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

I really did like Christopher's outfit and love the way it was changed up for Babies R Us. I didn't care too much for any of the boy's outfits though. I really didn't think Elena's baby outfit was that bad. And who knew Nina was a mom as PP stated?
( Boris and Natasha)

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #66
pooh4brains
Mouseketeer

Honestly, I thought all of the outfits were a little awkward and uncomfortable looking. I liked Chris's outfit the best, and although white really isn't practical for babies, I liked it much better in white. I thought it would make an adorable Easter dress, or be great for a spring picture.

I didn't like Sonjia's look at all. It looks like it would never sit right, and you'd need to constantly adjust it. If I had to pick, I would have picked Fabio's to win.

I am pleased with the top 5 though. I do think that Melissa is faltering though...
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #67
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post
Honestly, I thought all of the outfits were a little awkward and uncomfortable looking. I liked Chris's outfit the best, and although white really isn't practical for babies, I liked it much better in white. I thought it would make an adorable Easter dress, or be great for a spring picture.

I didn't like Sonjia's look at all. It looks like it would never sit right, and you'd need to constantly adjust it. If I had to pick, I would have picked Fabio's to win.

I am pleased with the top 5 though. I do think that Melissa is faltering though...
I agree with you 100%.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
I had no idea Nina was a Mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom47 View Post
And who knew Nina was a mom as PP stated?
I had no idea either . . . just never got that maternal vibe from her. I looked her up on Wikipedia, and, evidently, she has two boys: a 5 year old and a not quite 2 year old -- so, she got late start considering she's 47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post

I agree with all of this.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #69
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan4Me View Post
They changed the winning girl outfit from White to Navy-WAY more practical!

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1
I agree it's more practical, but I liked it better in white as a "special occasion" dress.

Of course the only reason it was white in the first place is the mom wanted that white jacket, then Heidi came in and wanted a white skirt with the flowers on it.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #70
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I liked the baby boy outfit and am considering it for my DS to wear for Thanksgiving. It looks comfy but a little dressy. The reviews are not the best so I'll see how the quality is at the store. He will be in 18-24months and I can't even tell if it goes up to that size.

Also, didn't Nina miss a season or half a season because she was having a baby? I seem to remember that.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #71
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I had no idea either . . . just never got that maternal vibe from her. I looked her up on Wikipedia, and, evidently, she has two boys: a 5 year old and a not quite 2 year old -- so, she got late start considering she's 47.

I picked up the recent architectural Digest and there was an article about Nina's house with her 2 boys pictured-very nice and modern NYC Condo

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/c...deshow#slide=1

Check out her closet!
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #72
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Well I'm a bit surprised at last night!

I think the final three should be the men: Dmitry, Christopher and Fabio.

The blonde (what's her name?) is such a train wreck -- I don't know how she has managed to get a look down the runway each wee.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #73
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Melissa? I don't understand why she's still there and Sonjia's not.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #74
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Melissa? I don't understand why she's still there and Sonjia's not.
Because her dress was a hot mess! It really did look like tablecloth fabric just thrown on the model. She had 2 days and $400 and that is all she came up with? It was truly awful. It is sad to see her go though, I was hoping she'd make it and Fabio would get the boot.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #75
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

I think part of her trouble was the gold fabric got left at the store. I didn't understand why she didn't say anything to Tim. It seems like someone could have brought it to her. It sounded like she paid for it but it was not in her bag. That would not be her fault but the cashiers.

Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: