Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #2236
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
This weekend we drove to Busch Gardens VA for Holloscream, And I will admit I cheated BIG TIME, with only 1 day there I wanted to make sure we did everything,
I don't see how that's a big time cheat...I think that Commando planning to the max!!!

So I'm here a WDW, arrived Sat. (just flight & hotel day) Boma's for dinner. Great! (btw- got free upgrade from Standard view at AKL to Savanna room )

MK today but was way too hot (100*)so we only stayed until 5:30pm- but I did get in a full game of Sorcerers of MK, very cool...new addiction I think,
also got 3 transportation card (all the bus ones).

Epcot tomorrow- for the 30th party...hoping it's not as hot tomorrow
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #2237
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
This weekend we drove to Busch Gardens VA for Holloscream, And I will admit I cheated BIG TIME, with only 1 day there I wanted to make sure we did everything, with all the scare zones starting at 6pm and the park closing at 10, I had to level the playing field, since our passes were used so much this year and we were way ahead of the game I decided to buy the Quick Queue Unlimited, let us skip the up 90min wait and walked right in, we did all the scare zones twice plus saw a couple shows twice, I know from past visits we would most likely miss at least one with the time allotted, so to get to do everything twice made it worth it
I loved busch gardens when I lived in north carolina. It is still actually one of my favorite parks. We didn't do the haunt therebut did do the one at kings dominion which was fun. The people we were with were a blast and that helped. Glad you had such a good time. We got through everything at universal horror nights last night even with my friend needing us to slow down and stop.
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #2238
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
I don't see how that's a big time cheat...I think that Commando planning to the max!!!

So I'm here a WDW, arrived Sat. (just flight & hotel day) Boma's for dinner. Great! (btw- got free upgrade from Standard view at AKL to Savanna room )

MK today but was way too hot (100*)so we only stayed until 5:30pm- but I did get in a full game of Sorcerers of MK, very cool...new addiction I think,
also got 3 transportation card (all the bus ones).

Epcot tomorrow- for the 30th party...hoping it's not as hot tomorrow
Nice job on getting the cards & Sorcerers of MK , can't wait to hear about the 30th party at Epcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
I loved busch gardens when I lived in north carolina. It is still actually one of my favorite parks. We didn't do the haunt therebut did do the one at kings dominion which was fun. The people we were with were a blast and that helped. Glad you had such a good time. We got through everything at universal horror nights last night even with my friend needing us to slow down and stop.
Glad you had a good time at US horror night, can't wait to hear all about your trip Safe Travels
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #2239
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Helllpppp!

I'm having nothing-left-to-do-at-the-moment symptoms... I can't cope!! We're going to WDW in March and I've planned everything, made all but one of our ADR's, colour coded my itinerary plan etc, chosen my food from the menus, got the Photopass+ sorted etc.... What else can I do? I want to do something for my trip, I neeeeed to be planning lol!!
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #2240
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry
Helllpppp!

I'm having nothing-left-to-do-at-the-moment symptoms... I can't cope!! We're going to WDW in March and I've planned everything, made all but one of our ADR's, colour coded my itinerary plan etc, chosen my food from the menus, got the Photopass+ sorted etc.... What else can I do? I want to do something for my trip, I neeeeed to be planning lol!!
I like to decorate my envelopes for mouse keeping... And make my lgmh to hang on my bag. And window clings for the hotel room (only for mod or value resorts, don't decorate at deluxe). Start a list of things you must pack. Make sure you have enough Disney clothes to wear on the trip. I'm currently in the process of buying clothes for my DD to wear on our trip.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #2241
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
I like to decorate my envelopes for mouse keeping... And make my lgmh to hang on my bag. And window clings for the hotel room (only for mod or value resorts, don't decorate at deluxe). Start a list of things you must pack. Make sure you have enough Disney clothes to wear on the trip. I'm currently in the process of buying clothes for my DD to wear on our trip.
You make a good point about the graphics side of it - I am in the middle of doing the various dining invites etc but I've run out of the clipart I want and now I'm annoyed with it lol... I've already chosen everyone's clothes, taken photos of the outfits with a piece of paper saying what day its for and what we're doing that day I have a full packing list done, ready to pack and tick off lol.

I do need to start on my custom journal but its an arduous task and I'm burying my head in the sand lol - I think I've just answered my own question!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #2242
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
Helllpppp!

During my nothing left to do at the moment time (in it now) I hit the news & rumors hard, and make a list that you can check back with closer to the time you are going, a lot of the rumors actually pan out but might not be mentioned again

Also I like to make a list of the shows we want to see, you can find the current times of them ( they don't change that much) and then figure out what rides to do based on the show, this way you don't have to run around

For the shows in the World Showcase, they run crazy, they should do them on the hour or half hour, so you can start at Canada or Mexico and walk around from one country to another but they don't, and you can't see all the shows in one day, since some shows don't go on everyday, so to see it all you need at least 2 half days.

The way I look at it is if you have your ADR'S and you know what parades and fireworks you are goiing to, if you add the shows the rides fall into place, if it's a long line ride, get a FP or do it on a EMH
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #2243
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
During my nothing left to do at the moment time (in it now) I hit the news & rumors hard, and make a list that you can check back with closer to the time you are going, a lot of the rumors actually pan out but might not be mentioned again
That is a really sensible suggestion actually, thank you!

Quote:
Also I like to make a list of the shows we want to see, you can find the current times of them ( they don't change that much) and then figure out what rides to do based on the show, this way you don't have to run around

For the shows in the World Showcase, they run crazy, they should do them on the hour or half hour, so you can start at Canada or Mexico and walk around from one country to another but they don't, and you can't see all the shows in one day, since some shows don't go on everyday, so to see it all you need at least 2 half days.
Completely agree about the crazyness - the sheer volume of numerals printed on in the entertainment schedule irritates me beyond belief; 2:55, 3:20, 3:25, 3:35, etc - after about 2 minutes all I see is a jumbled mess of numbers and I just throw the sheet across the room!

I have a suspicion my DS (6) isn't going to be the slightest bit interested in any shows and trying to see them is not worth the battles I would have so that is going to be less of an issue for us this time round. Its disappointing as I would happily watch Off Kilter all day but its DS's trip too I suppose lol.

Last edited by Rachandgarry; 10-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #2244
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

This time next month we will be on the Autotrain on our way to WDW

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #2245
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Norm, Have a GREAT Trip

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #2246
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer

Now to live vicariously through all of you!
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #2247
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Norm, Have a GREAT Trip
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Now to live vicariously through all of you!
I'm trying this live trip report thing. The link is in my signature. Hope everyone is able to follow along.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #2248
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks.

I'm trying this live trip report thing. The link is in my signature. Hope everyone is able to follow along.
Looks great so far, I'll be following

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2249
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

There is a rumor out there that after the end of the year FOLK might be discontinued , so if your going between now and the end of the year this could be the last time you see it

I also have heard that at Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival, Chase Disney Visa Card holders can visit the Chase Lounge, you can get free soda's + wristbands for special viewing for Illuminations & Concerts, this is exactly the type of stuff I look for to make for smoother touring, plus it's free and that's for me

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #2250
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney commando View Post
there is a rumor out there that after the end of the year folk might be discontinued , so if your going between now and the end of the year this could be the last time you see it
folk= ?
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: