DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #811
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
Looking forward to your TR AirGoofy from the FW.

We are starting to get that fall and winter feeling around here, which makes it a good time to go south to WDW.
I looked at the persimmon tree seed, it was shaped like a spoon. Which according to my Mom we will be digging ourselves out this year! Haven't seen any wolly worms yet.
I'm going to try one of those live trip report things this time. I'll put a link over here once I create it. We leave Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz View Post
Greeting from Georgetown, although originally from Mount Sterling (3 weeks til Court Day). We bleed blue in our house so Go Cats!
Welcome. Any WDW trips planned, or do you have to wait until basketball season is over.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #812
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I'm going to try one of those live trip report things this time. I'll put a link over here once I create it. We leave Friday.

Welcome. Any WDW trips planned, or do you have to wait until basketball season is over.
Is basketball season ever really over for UK? People camp out for days just to see the Cats practice! But yes, we do have an upcoming trip this December. Our first at Christmas and we decided to stay at the new AOA resort. Very excited! Only 76 days left.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #813
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

[QUOTE=kasedroz;46318878]Is basketball season ever really over for UK? People camp out for days just to see the Cats practice! But yes, we do have an upcoming trip this December. Our first at Christmas and we decided to stay at the new AOA resort. Very excited! Only 76 days left.

You will love all the Christmas decorations! We have been doing December trips for several years now. We are leaving on the 30th, staying 1 night doing the MVMCP then heading out on the Fantasy for a week. We will then come back to WDW and stay until Tuesday.

Looking forward to your thoughts on AOA. Make sure you do some resort hopping to see all the decorations.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #814
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

We are super excited! We've heard so many great things about visiting at Christmas! Best part our girls don't know yet, we plan on telling them at the airport. And as a added bonus my mother and sister will be joining us! It'll be their first time to Orlando so obviously first time a WDW!

We do have plans to resort jumping, we do have several ADR's for resorts. Including the most coveted ADR, Be Our Guest! And we are planning on attending MVMCP on our last night which our girls will have their BBB makeovers done that night.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #815
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Is basketball season ever really over for UK? People camp out for days just to see the Cats practice! But yes, we do have an upcoming trip this December. Our first at Christmas and we decided to stay at the new AOA resort. Very excited! Only 76 days left.

Quote:
We are super excited! We've heard so many great things about visiting at Christmas! Best part our girls don't know yet, we plan on telling them at the airport. And as a added bonus my mother and sister will be joining us! It'll be their first time to Orlando so obviously first time a WDW!

We do have plans to resort jumping, we do have several ADR's for resorts. Including the most coveted ADR, Be Our Guest! And we are planning on attending MVMCP on our last night which our girls will have their BBB makeovers done that night.

True, UK basketball never ends. I do cheer for UK, but support all our KY schools (unless they play UK).

Good get on Christmas. We have never been in December, but it is on our list. We tried to surprise our dds once (we drive) and made it all the way to Florida and the first service station on the Florida Turnpike, and they still didn't get it. We drive at night and told them we were driving to visit their grandparents in Louisville. At 6:00 AM there the next morning, DW finally burst and told them where they were. Oh well - good intentions.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #816
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:

74 left for us! We are staying at BLT December 15-23.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #817
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
True, UK basketball never ends. I do cheer for UK, but support all our KY schools (unless they play UK).

Good get on Christmas. We have never been in December, but it is on our list. We tried to surprise our dds once (we drive) and made it all the way to Florida and the first service station on the Florida Turnpike, and they still didn't get it. We drive at night and told them we were driving to visit their grandparents in Louisville. At 6:00 AM there the next morning, DW finally burst and told them where they were. Oh well - good intentions.
I would not have made it all the way to FL before I would have spilled the beans.

Funny story, my son was in Turkey during college and a local asked him where he was from. He said KY and they said, "ahh the Colonel (as in KFC) and the basketball"....he said everyone he met mentioned chicken and basketball!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #818
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds like a great trip!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #819
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Just had to post! UK got the Harrison twins! Woot, woot! Go Cats!!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #820
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post

Funny story, my son was in Turkey during college and a local asked him where he was from. He said KY and they said, "ahh the Colonel (as in KFC) and the basketball"....he said everyone he met mentioned chicken and basketball!
That's better than it used to be. Weren't we known for not wearing shoes.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #821
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Quote:
Wish I was leaving Friday! Have a great trip.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #822
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's better than it used to be. Weren't we known for not wearing shoes.
That is what we are known for in the US. Funny thing is I have actually have had those same folks argue with me that KFC isn't named for the state of KY, shows how much they know!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #823
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party? We are debating on doing it but DH isn't too thrilled spending $80 on desserts. But our DD3 is terrified of the sound of fireworks and we were hoping being inside she wouldn't hear them but could still enjoy them.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #824
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
Wish I was leaving Friday! Have a great trip.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
That is what we are known for in the US. Funny thing is I have actually have had those same folks argue with me that KFC isn't named for the state of KY, shows how much they know!

Quote:
Has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party? We are debating on doing it but DH isn't too thrilled spending $80 on desserts. But our DD3 is terrified of the sound of fireworks and we were hoping being inside she wouldn't hear them but could still enjoy them.

Never did that one, but we had a scared child as well. If you are DVC members, TOTWL may still be letting up people to watch there. Before then, we would watch the fireworks from the entrance of MK or even over at one of the MK resorts to get away from the noise. Ours eventually grew out of it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #825
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

I'm trying this live trip report thing. The link is in my signature. Hope you aree able to follow along.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Tags
dvc, kentucky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: