Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #46
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Okay, I'm joining in, and from the reading of it, our Trevor's are almost exactly 1 year apart. We celebrate on the 19th.

I had a lot of surgeries as a kid, granted no where near as intense or invasive as your little T, but I tell you... it really does become part of who you are growing up. If he can ride that wave and show his classmates the miracles that doctors and nurses carry out daily, then more power to him!

When I went in for my unscheduled c-section with DS, I was already holding my arms out for the arm boards and the OR techs asked what I was doing. I told them that I was ready to get strapped to the board and they all looked and me and said, "Oh... you've done this kind of thing before... but we're not there yet so just cross your arms for now and we'll let you know when we're ready!"

Thanks for joining in! My Trevor is on the 12th

I'm hoping he will continue to keep his upbeat attitude about surgeries as they will be a part of his life forever. He loves telling his classmates about his surgeries too and they love hearing the stories!

I can see Trevor being that way the next time he goes into surgery

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #47
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
I'm hoping he will continue to keep his upbeat attitude about surgeries as they will be a part of his life forever. He loves telling his classmates about his surgeries too and they love hearing the stories!

Jackie
Hey... chicks dig scars!!!!
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #48
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I have seen that some people have been able to extend their wish trips so I called and asked about it... unfortunately our chapter does not allow this. Kinda bummed. But that is okay I know Trev will still have a magical time!

We do however, have the chance to take a red eye flight... Something to think about hmmm...

Has anyone flown cross country on a red eye flight with their kiddos? Trev will be almost 8 and the girls will be 4.5. This would give us an extra day as we would otherwise be flying in and getting settled around 8pm as we would most likely have a connecting flight. I kinda like the idea of it but not sure if it is best for the kids. I would love to hear your experiences with flying on a red eye with kids.

Thanks!
Jackie

Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #49
kwitcherkicken99

It may be worth considering. Just do your best to get them to sleep on the flight but be prepared to take a considerable first day break. If the airfare is decent and you can be accommodated, go for it!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #50
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I am thinking it would be easier to do a red eye... It is not like we would sleep that night anyway if we leave in the morning we would be leaving our house around 4 am as the airport is over an hour away!

That way we could spend the first day at GKTW and rest and explore before visiting all the parks.

MAW said they are planning the Star Wars Weekend part and we can do what we want the other days. Only 8 months to go!

Jackie

Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #51
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I think the Red Eye would be the way to go - remember to put the blankies and snugglies in the carry on bags, though!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #52
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
I am thinking it would be easier to do a red eye... It is not like we would sleep that night anyway if we leave in the morning we would be leaving our house around 4 am as the airport is over an hour away!

That way we could spend the first day at GKTW and rest and explore before visiting all the parks.
Um yeah... if I could choose between leaving at night with the chance we could sleep on the plane versus waking up before the hour of decency...

Quote:
MAW said they are planning the Star Wars Weekend part and we can do what we want the other days. Only 8 months to go!

Jackie

W.O.W.!!!!!

That just made me so completely excited for you!!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #53
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
I think the Red Eye would be the way to go - remember to put the blankies and snugglies in the carry on bags, though!
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I will have to be reminded again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Um yeah... if I could choose between leaving at night with the chance we could sleep on the plane versus waking up before the hour of decency...

W.O.W.!!!!!

That just made me so completely excited for you!!!!

Thanks! We are starting to get excited too. It has been hard to come to terms that he actually qualifies for a wish! I can't wait to see what kind of surprises they have in store for him... Now to patiently wait 8 months...

Jackie

Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #54
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Not much going on here. Enjoying the last couple weeks of sun before it rains for the next 8 or 9 months... Although we have had record amount of sun and no rain so I can't complain too much... But that was after the wettest winter and spring on record... So we deserve all this sun and no rain... I haven't missed the rain at all!

Trev is starting to get VERY excited for Disney World and Star Wars Weekend. A friend of his just got back from Disney World and I think that got Trev a little excited for his trip Some days he can wait until May, other days he says he wants to change his wish and just go to Disney World now. I try and remind him that Star Wars will be worth the wait

He has been telling all of his friends he got to pick the trip He doesn't understand exactly what MAW is and that is okay with me. He just knows he got to pick the trip because he has a special heart that the doctors have to work on periodically.

We are thinking of going to SWW the first weekend it is out but we do not want to miss our girls preschool graduation either. Is there much difference between with the weather from the middle of May to the beginning of June? Whenever we go Trev will miss school as it does not get out until the middle of June. That is if we don't have any snow days... Last year we got out the end of the June because we had a lot of snow days to make up for. Although June would be fun too as we would be there for my birthday... But again, the trip isn't about me

Jackie

Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #55
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
We are thinking of going to SWW the first weekend it is out but we do not want to miss our girls preschool graduation either. Is there much difference between with the weather from the middle of May to the beginning of June? Whenever we go Trev will miss school as it does not get out until the middle of June. That is if we don't have any snow days... Last year we got out the end of the June because we had a lot of snow days to make up for. Although June would be fun too as we would be there for my birthday... But again, the trip isn't about me

Jackie
No, but it's potentially not as hot, which is a good thing, and less crowded as well.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #56
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I worry about waiting too far into June and it getting too hot for Trev. Also less crowds are a good thing too! I'm hoping we can get the first weekend of Star Wars Weekend and get back home in time for Allie and Kara's preschool graduation. I wish they would release the dates soon.

Linda, did you get the pics of the kids I sent you?

Jackie

Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #57
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on Trevor's Wish Trip! Can't wait for the rest of your planning...
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #58
Brook730
Mouseketeer

That is awesome that he is getting his wish I'm so happy for him. As far as weather its about the same in those months I have lived in Florida all my life (only three hours from Disney) and the heat index is about the same maybe a little more rain in May but it should not be bad at all. It's because of hearing about stories like your sons that I make donations to MAW when ever I can my bank card even makes a donation every time I use my card. I just wish I could do more to help out and send more money to make mores kids wishes come true.
Brook730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #59
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeer_mom View Post
Congratulations on Trevor's Wish Trip! Can't wait for the rest of your planning...
Thanks! He is starting to get very excited! It seems so far away still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook730 View Post
That is awesome that he is getting his wish I'm so happy for him. As far as weather its about the same in those months I have lived in Florida all my life (only three hours from Disney) and the heat index is about the same maybe a little more rain in May but it should not be bad at all. It's because of hearing about stories like your sons that I make donations to MAW when ever I can my bank card even makes a donation every time I use my card. I just wish I could do more to help out and send more money to make mores kids wishes come true.
Thanks for the info! We have been telling him it will be in May but June may be better as we would not have to worry about Allie and Kara's preschool graduation. Trevor would miss school regardless since he wants to go during Star Wars Weekend. That is wonderful that you donate to MAW. I didn't realize they had a credit card that donated to MAW. I will have to look into it! I have been learning so much about MAW these past few months! It is truly an amazing organization. Thanks for your support!

Jackie

Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #60
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Trevor was SO excited to get a package in the mail the other day. Heck even his sisters were excited for him!

His very own scrapbook to put all of his memories into so he will always remember the magic!

Thanks LindaBabe for blessing Trevor with such an amazing gift! He can't wait to fill it up with all his memories and neither can we! All 3 kids have enjoyed using the stickers too!

Jackie

Last edited by Lilfoot93; 10-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: