Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!
 
Tinker'n'Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ask, I may tell!
Posts: 8,588

Bridezilla email and Bridesmaid response!

Was this posted yet? If not what do you feel about it. I will post a reply that another paper posted to help the bridesmaids.

To m lovely Bridesmaid: [Names removed to protect the brideslaves]

As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid. We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better. You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L— will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L— has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen.

You all have a big roll in this wedding, so before we continue I'm going to be setting some ground rules and its very important you read and think about everything through before you accept this honor to be a bridesmaid. If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L— in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L—, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it. We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party.

Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties, I have 10 not 8 where two couldn't make it so if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect. But it's different if your not in the wedding party and couldn't make it. We'll give everyone well advance dates for the parties and it will always fall on a weekend. The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been.

A few girls live out of town so if there is going to be a problem with coming to either one then I need to know now because after this week I don't want to be surprised. I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. Also if money is tight and you cant afford to contribute to say the bachelorette party or wont be able to afford a dress etc then L— and Myself don't have time to deal with that, I'm sorry. This includes flights as well, everyone knows the states where the parties are going to be held so if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid. Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 and **** that's why were doing this in advance, that goes for bridesmaids dresses as well everything will be affordable but if you think by affordable its going to be a $25 forever 21 dress then your going to the wrong wedding.

If your out of state though don't think you have to fly in for all fittings, that we will work with you, find stores in your town, get measurements..you don't have to worry about that. Also if you accept this honor another thing is that you need to be available, I'm not going to harass you with wedding stuff every hour of everyday but if its something important and it takes you a week even 2-3 days to get back to me seeeee ya! I don't have time to wait around for responses, everyone has their phone on them, it shouldn't take you more than a day to get back to me, even if your out of the country, check your email!

Furthermore, Ever since I could remember I have dreamed about this day all my life. I want to share it with the people that are most important to me. You only get one time to plan your dream wedding and I couldn't pick a more amazing group of girls to make that dream come true! So please, what's stated above think about it all and by Wednesday I need to know if everyone is 100% in, and what I have asked about sending me dates if your gonna be away between Feb-Aug ill need that on Wednesday. If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest. If you want to get back to me before Wednesday, that's fine. Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!

Love,


Source: http://gawker.com/5948725/reasons-wh...e-a-bridesmaid
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!
 
Tinker'n'Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ask, I may tell!
Posts: 8,588

This article has a mock reply for the bridesmaids to use:

TO THE MOST DIFFICULT BRIDE EVER:

You wrote: "As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid"

FIRSTLY, IT'S NOT AN HONOR TO BE A BRIDESMAID, IT'S A FAVOR.

Everything you said is really nice, but the fact that ten of us were chosen for the honor makes us feel more like an army than a select group of friends.

******

You wrote: "You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L- will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L- has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen."

WE DON'T NEED A BRIDESMAIDS' MILITARY RANKING. WE'RE GOOD.

Another thing that makes us feel less special? Being told where we are in the hierarchy of specialness.

******

You wrote: "We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better."

YOUR PARTY ISN'T A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE

For you, this wedding may feel like a personal Oscars, the most significant event of 2013, but for us it's just a night where we drink and eat. It's really hard to get excited about dinner a year from now.

*****

You wrote: "If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L- in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L-, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it."

YOU'RE NOT A CEO ADDRESSING NEW HIRES

I know you feel like you're running an enterprise, but we're not getting paid. In fact, in your business plan we all "spend" money, so you're going to have to work on the incentives before you start micro-managing.

*****

You wrote: "We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party."

MORE THAN 2 EMAILS ABOUT YOUR 2013 WEDDING IN THE SAME WEEK WILL FORCE US TO FILE YOUR NAME UNDER SPAM.

Really August 31st? I think I'm doing something on that date. Oh wait, I'm going to the wedding you just gave us the date for two sentences ago. We got it. Also, your warning about further dates suggests several more emails like this one, which is already not going well. How about you save this email as a draft and send the whole shebang when you've got all your dates together? Thanks.

*****

You wrote: "Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties… if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect."

IF YOU WANT OUR HELP, PLEASE DON'T THREATEN US

...And you have to write, "not to be harsh," you're being harsh.

*****

You wrote: "The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been…if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid."

WE'RE NOT RICH. DON'T TAKE THAT PERSONALLY.

So that's three parties, in three different states scattered throughout the country. I was hoping to visit my family for the holidays but I guess I'll be out of vacation days and money. See you in 2014, aging parents!

*****

You wrote: "I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. "

JUST BECAUSE YOU PLAN YOUR PARTIES TWO YEARS IN ADVANCE THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU OWN TIME

Just so you know, this is a totally unreasonable request.

*****

You wrote: "Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 … that's why were doing this in advance."

PLEASE STOP USING THE WORD "DEALS" IN REFERENCE TO YOUR WEDDING

Just because a flight is under $1,000 that doesn't mean it's cheap. Those hotel "packages" usually still average around $250 a room, and those bridesmaids dresses are usually three times the price of the same exact dress not sold in official bridal outlets. We already know we're going to be forking over a ridiculous amount of money, but please don't act like you're helping us save.

*****

You wrote: "I need to know if everyone is 100% in by Wednesday…If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest…Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!"

NOBODY'S EXCITED ABOUT YOUR PARTY ANYMORE

So what you're saying is that the people you don't like as much get to show up to that one party and then leave, without spending thousands of dollars and the next year as your indentured servant? How do we sign up for that?
Please let me know by Friday.

Best,

A Former Bridesmaid

Source: http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/brid...201500809.html
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 20,034

This bride must be the daughter of the infamous Thanksgiving letter writer.

Even if I could meet all of her requirements, I'd decline the "honor" out of pure principle, and I don't think I'd make it a point to even be a guest.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!
 
Tinker'n'Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ask, I may tell!
Posts: 8,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
This bride must be the daughter of the infamous Thanksgiving letter writer.

Even if I could meet all of her requirements, I'd decline the "honor" out of pure principle, and I don't think I'd make it a point to even be a guest.
I pray my daughter never receives an email like this and that I have raised her to understand that she is not the do all to be all. I would not go either!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

I saw that lunacy the other day.

Her self-absorbtion and snotty little demands are bad enough, but the atrocious grammar and spelling are the cherry on top of the delusional sundae. If you can't use the correct 'role,' you're not high class.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,634


i LOVE the part if you cant make any of the parties you are not a bridesmaid.....and if you cant afford any of the nonsense we dont want to hear about it-or deal with it
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!
 
Tinker'n'Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ask, I may tell!
Posts: 8,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I saw that lunacy the other day.

Her self-absorbtion and snotty little demands are bad enough, but the atrocious grammar and spelling are the cherry on top of the delusional sundae. If you can't use the correct 'role,' you're not high class.
I copied/pasted and wanted to make changes to the errors. It was hard not doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan4Me View Post

i LOVE the part if you cant make any of the parties you are not a bridesmaid.....and if you cant afford any of the nonsense we dont want to hear about it-or deal with it
You are just out of a wedding, I hope this may take some of the stresses you had seem trivial. Can you imagine that DIL?
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Tn
Posts: 15,731

I would be wondering how I stayed friends with this bride long enough to still be friends with her.

No way I'd be in it or attending, even.
__________________
Brenda: DISing since 2/2000


There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 20,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I would be wondering how I stayed friends with this bride long enough to still be friends with her.

No way I'd be in it or attending, even.
I'm wondering how anyone would be willing to be married to her!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I saw that lunacy the other day.

Her self-absorbtion and snotty little demands are bad enough, but the atrocious grammar and spelling are the cherry on top of the delusional sundae. If you can't use the correct 'role,' you're not high class.
After the 4th or 5th incorrect "your", I stopped reading.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!
 
Heidict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shoreline in CT
Posts: 4,561

This woman is crazy. There is just no other way around it. Narcissistic, egomaniac and insulting. How in the world she is even close enough to 10 woman that she would consider them close enough to be bridesmaids just amazes me. Of course, they are probably just as materialistic and shallow as she sounds. I have noticed that these types tend to run in packs. Kind of like feral dogs.

Speaking of a pack of feral dogs, imagine dropping out of the wedding, for whatever reason. I have a feeling you would be the topic of all the back stabbing conversation they would have when together. It seems like she would be a very catty person.

I see this marriage going 1 of 2 ways. Either it goes down in flames and ends in a messy, money grubbing, dirty divorce or her husband starts having an affair and she puts up with it so she can still have her social status and money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
This bride must be the daughter of the infamous Thanksgiving letter writer.

Even if I could meet all of her requirements, I'd decline the "honor" out of pure principle, and I don't think I'd make it a point to even be a guest.
I don't know, going might be entertaining. Imagine, if something went wrong, it could provide you with stories to tell for years to come! Of course, you would probably want to make sure you sent a gift that will cover your plate or I have a feeling this bride would be sending you an insulting scolding letter instead of a thank you note.
__________________
Me DH DD-8 DD- 2



Last edited by Heidict; 10-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,748

I really thought this was a joke.

She is off her rocker.
Wonder how she would like an invitation like that?????
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol
 
goofinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Portland, Maine
Posts: 3,816

You wrote: "I need to know if everyone is 100% in by Wednesday…If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest…Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!"

NOBODY'S EXCITED ABOUT YOUR PARTY ANYMORE





I also love the part about "if you are going away I'm going to need the dates..."

I wonder if this bride will be featured on Bridezilla's!
__________________
goofinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 20,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
This woman is crazy. There is just no other way around it. Narcissistic, egomaniac and insulting. How in the world she is even close enough to 10 woman that she would consider them close enough to be bridesmaids just amazes me. Of course, they are probably just as materialistic and shallow as she sounds. I have noticed that these types tend to run in packs. Kind of like feral dogs.

Speaking of a pack of feral dogs, imagine dropping out of the wedding, for whatever reason. I have a feeling you would be the topic of all the back stabbing conversation they would have when together. It seems like she would be a very catty person.

I see this marriage going 1 of 2 ways. Either it goes down in flames and ends in a messy, money grubbing, dirty divorce or her husband starting having and affair and she puts up with it so she can still have her social status and money.


I don't know, going might be entertaining. Imagine, if something went wrong, it could provide you with stories to tell for years to come! Of course, you would probably want to make sure you sent a gift that will cover your plate or I have a feeling this bride would be sending you an insulting scolding letter instead of a thank you note.
She'll probably send a menu list price with her invitation. Heck she'd probably go as far as assigning what gifts a guest has to bring, and if they can't well they'll just have to find a guest who can
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 6,661

This has got to be a joke. If it's not, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind condoning and enabling this behavior. I'd back out in a minute. She'll be lucky if she has 2 bridesmaids left by the time the wedding gets here - if it's not already cancelled by the groom-to-be once he sees how she really is.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: