Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
edwardemmao
Earning My Ears

I've just bought the tog rating thermal socks for the boys from Primark ! Only £2.50 pair - saw them elsewhere (same brand) for £8.
Also got them thermal long johns and long sleeved vest sets, though must admit I got these from M&S as they were a tenner for the set where as Primark were £8 if you bought separately and Mark's were much nicer!

Also, another tip.... Buy a can of 'scotchgard' - snow and rain version.
Its about £10, I got ours from local iron monger, you need to spray it on your stuff outside (its pretty lethal !!!!)
I do all our Hats, Gloves, Walking Boots, Coats etc. The water literally repels straight off you stuff - its amazing and deffo worth the outlay !

Anyway, we are going in 25 sleeps and we won't need any of our waterproof stuff *** its going to be an Indian summer, and we'll be walking round in shorts and t-shirts
(who am I trying to kid!!!!!)

Last edited by edwardemmao; 10-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.
edwardemmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

Are you bringing cold weather gear for a Halloween trip? I'm going on 29th but didn't think it'd be that cold??
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSDW View Post
Would regular Goretex winter boots be sufficient instead of snow boots? I'm trying to decide if I need to buy proper snow boots for my DD or just have her wear her ordinary winter boots. They're knee-length and waterproof with a good grippy sole.
They sound more than adequate to me - waterproof, broken in, high leg etc

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink'sMum View Post
Are you bringing cold weather gear for a Halloween trip? I'm going on 29th but didn't think it'd be that cold??
I'd be very very suprised if it was that cold as they are describing end of Oct or into Nov

Last year the 29/10 was

High 18.3° - Low 13.7° - Average 15.7°

and November was very mild too

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...raphspan=month

2010 was colder at the end of the month but upto the 15th we were in double figures

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=29&year=2010

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
figaro2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat

I'd be very very suprised if it was that cold as they are describing end of Oct or into Nov

Last year the 29/10 was

High 18.3° - Low 13.7° - Average 15.7°

and November was very mild too

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...raphspan=month

2010 was colder at the end of the month but upto the 15th we were in double figures

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=29&year=2010

We arrived on the 15th of 10' that first day we just wore jumpers, no coats but the rest of the holiday was cold, it even snowed very lightly for half an hour at one point! My thing is though in that temp I'd go out to the shops or whatever in just a coat but being outside mostly from 8am - 9/10pm you do feel it and need extra layers.
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
iuil
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink'sMum
I'm not!

From previous experience, I expect to be wearing a long sleeved Tshirt with a sweatshirt for the early morning & evening.

Oct '06 - DLP Dream Castle; May '07 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne; Oct '08 - DLP off-site (Berny Riviere); Aug '09 - WDW off-site; Oct '10 - DLP Hotel New York; Dec '11 - DLP Sequoia Lodge; Oct '12 - DLP off-site, girls' trip with my sister, minus kids!; Jul '14 - DLP off-site (Berny Riviere)
iuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
edwardemmao
Earning My Ears

Tink's Mum - not taking all the cold weather gear, but will take the walking boots (scotchgarded!), and the thermals - just in case. Would rather them have thermals and jeans and jumper on, then at least they can wear their kagools. If no thermals, I'd probably have to take their 'proper' coats and they're just too big and bulky.
My opinion is : Layering is the key !!!

Went 6 years ago between xmas and new year and it was freeeezing !
So I probably do go a bit overboard but I'd rather be warm and the tog socks are amazing
edwardemmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #23
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Wow, bit of a wide range for last November then! I expect it will be cold enough for thermals and layers when we go, especially after the sun goes down & watching Dreams, as it's right at the end of Nov/start of Dec.. but it'd be brilliant if it's warmer than expected
Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Remember it is the extremities that come off worst so as everyone else has said, hats, gloves and waterproof warm footwear. I find scarves are really useful to wrap around faces if the wind is bitter and gloves need to be easy to get on and off for showing passes etc. Personally I prefer mittens though as I find them warmer. On the subject of passes, I have a ski jacket with pockets all over which is brilliant for organising all the small things which saves fishing around in a bag. There is a pocket each for tissues, passes, lip salve (not to be forgotten IMHO in cold weather) etc. which minimises time fumbling around without gloves.

Also because you will inevitably be constantly undoing and doing up clothes or taking them off altogether in shows, restaurants for example, choose clothes that are easy to unfasten. Zips and velcro are much easier than series of buttons and toggles when you have cold hands.

Hopefully you won't need any of this though!
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: