Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #256
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

The lime green paint looks fantastic! It's amazing that you made such a transformation in your kitchen with only $100 50 days!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #257
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your kitchen looks great!! It looks like you changed so much, not just paint!
Thanks!! I moved a few things around as well, but just the paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
The lime green paint looks fantastic! It's amazing that you made such a transformation in your kitchen with only $100 50 days!
Thanks Erin! 49 days now...7 WEEKS from TODAY!!!!!!!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #258
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

New car!!

46 Days to go!!! And...

New kitchen followed by a new car! Lucky me!

I FINALLY got my new car! I'm not sure I typed out all the sorted details, but basically I wanted to buy local, in my small town, and the dealer could NOT get me the car I wanted. They finally ordered a new one and then kept pushing off the date, over and over...finally put me in one of their lot cars until mine came in. It came in!!!

This is the first new car I have ever owned. I actually never thought I would own a new car, everyone always says it loses value the moment you drive off the lot. In my circumstance though, it was totally cheaper b/c I was wanting VERY low miles (I put around 25,000 miles on my vehicles with my job every year) and a low price. Well, come to find out, if you are willing to manually roll up your windows, you can save THOUSANDS. So, it was cheaper for me to get a brand new car with a stick than the same car that was a couple more years old with more miles and more bells and whistles.

I'm sure you needed that long drawn out explanation. Here is my brand new 2013 Ford Fiesta! It had 18 miles on it yesterday morning when I got in it...80 by the end of the day!

I was concerned about driving a stick (I know how) but this stick is the easiest I have ever driven, and a lot of fun!

I put Trollie in my purse when we went to get the car, just so I could put him straight into the window! I know, I'm certifiable.

Last, but not least, Rey took this pic of me and I just love how he's reflected in the window and it looks like the tree is growing in my hair!

What does this have to do with Disney? Not much! Well, it has to do with money, which is always Disney related, so I guess there's that. I'm actually going to be saving maybe 20$ a month having a car payment vs. driving the Durango! I am going to save MORE than the amount of the car payment in gas and my insurance only went up about 26$ and that is for full coverage when I just had liability before! I'm pretty pleased.

46 days and I have yet to save any money for food/souvie's b/c I had to make sure I had enough for the taxes on the car. From here on out, everything will be going to Disney...well, except Savannah's bday...Halloween...uhhhh...

Last edited by Twoboysnmygirl; 09-20-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #259
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Karen! I'm so happy for you getting a new car! I've never had a brand new car either. Your car is so cute I love stick shifts! My Volvo was a stick. I used to like them when I was younger because so few people knew how to drive stick, so no one would ask to drive my car Seriously, though, that car suits you That's a very pretty picture of you too

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #260
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Karen! I'm so happy for you getting a new car! I've never had a brand new car either. Your car is so cute I love stick shifts! My Volvo was a stick. I used to like them when I was younger because so few people knew how to drive stick, so no one would ask to drive my car Seriously, though, that car suits you That's a very pretty picture of you too
Thanks Erin! I'm just sitting around this morning, waiting until it's time to leave for our homeschool fall pary, so I can drive it!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #261
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Oh, Karen, your new car is so cute!! And I love how Trollie has his own space. Love the color! So, rolling up the windows by hand can save thousands?? I'll have to remember that for next time. You must be getting so excited for your November trip! I'm excited for you!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #262
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Oh, Karen, your new car is so cute!! And I love how Trollie has his own space. Love the color! So, rolling up the windows by hand can save thousands?? I'll have to remember that for next time. You must be getting so excited for your November trip! I'm excited for you!

Thanks Ann! I think it's cute too! I'm not sure about ALL types of cars, but the Ford Fiesta is definitely cheaper. They have three models and the basic model (which is a good 3000$ cheaper than the next model up) has roll up windows. It was worth it to me, but I still got to add a CD player/MP3 player/remote key entry package to it for a small amount extra, so that was nice!

Today is 45 DAYS!!!!!! WOOT!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #263
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!

31 days! Exactly one month from now, Rey & I will be arriving at the airport! I'm excited, and trying not to stress, we've had some financial setbacks when it comes to food/souvenir money, the biggest involving a new gas water heater. The old one had been in the house since before we bought it and it was leaking and ruining the floor in the laundry room! It had to be replaced immediately, so that bill will take ALL my food/souvenir money.

I don't care, I'll eat PB&J if I have to, I'll be at Disney!

This will be picture heavy from here on out! We've had a busy couple weeks with parties and get-togethers. The biggest party was a Wonderland themed party for a friend, Savannah & her friends had a blast. (she's in the purple top hat)

Then we did our yearly photo shoot. Savannah will be 12 in just a couple weeks, so we like to do an official shoot right around her birthday. Yes, I'm aware she doesn't look like she's about to be 12. She is who she is, however, and I think she's perfect!

I got in on the photo action just a bit too!

My favorite Mother/Daughter shot:

That's it! I'm excited for the trip, but hoping time slows down a bit so I can make sure we have some money to eat! I'm trying not to be discouraged, it seems no matter how long I plan and pay things off in advance, something always happens and we can't really ever go without worrying about money. Some day I would like to just go and not have to pinch pennies and worry about how much we have to spend. First World problem for sure!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #264
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Yes, first world problems but they're YOUR first world problems and you're allowed to be frustrated/disappointed. I know you'll have a fabulous time no matter what you eat, hopefully once you're there everything else will melt away.

Love all the pics- but you already knew that.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #265
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

I'm soooo excited for you and Rey!!! You will have so much fun together! And I absolutely LOVE Savanah's photo shoot! Awesome work, Karen!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #266
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Yes, first world problems but they're YOUR first world problems and you're allowed to be frustrated/disappointed. I know you'll have a fabulous time no matter what you eat, hopefully once you're there everything else will melt away.

Love all the pics- but you already knew that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
I'm soooo excited for you and Rey!!! You will have so much fun together! And I absolutely LOVE Savanah's photo shoot! Awesome work, Karen!
Thanks Ladies!!!! AND!!!!!!!!! Guess what just came in the mail?!?!?!?!?!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #268
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

I just got caught up on your trip (trips). It's so close! All your updates are very exciting! And your kitchen looks AWESOME! (and totally DIS appropriate). I wish I was that creative/handy!

I can't believe your daughter is just 12. She's beautiful..... and you capture her spirit wonderfully through your amazing pictures! I swear I saw those pics and thought she was at least 15.

Congrats on your final countdown to the November trip! (and then February!)

I think your trip reports are my favorite of all I've stalked. You have a great gift for writing & pictures!

Nicole
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #269
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I just got caught up on your trip (trips). It's so close! All your updates are very exciting! And your kitchen looks AWESOME! (and totally DIS appropriate). I wish I was that creative/handy!

I can't believe your daughter is just 12. She's beautiful..... and you capture her spirit wonderfully through your amazing pictures! I swear I saw those pics and thought she was at least 15.

Congrats on your final countdown to the November trip! (and then February!)

I think your trip reports are my favorite of all I've stalked. You have a great gift for writing & pictures!

Nicole
Nicole, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE! I'm SO excited to do a TR for this upcoming trip! I have a little journal already to pack, I have to write everything down at the end of the day, it helps me remember!

I'm also renting a really cool lens for this trip (wide angle lens) so I hope to have some really fun and different shots from this trip too!

I just went to look and it's 136 days until my trip with Savannah! Those discounts for February better come out next week like predicted!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #270
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

24 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Little check-in here, I'm crazy busy right now and will be until right up to the trip! I'm training for a 5K that Dallas & I are running on the 27th, yesterday I got my running outfit/costume all ready and Rey took some pics of me. It's a costume run, so you know I had to be something Disney!

It will double for my Halloween costume too! Perfect!

Savannah's bday is in little under a week and I have photo shoots, petsitting, and Rey's physical therapy continues! I'm hoping the next 24 days fly by! I'm so excited!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: