Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #61
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

First Day of Preschool!

Dragon*Con was the past weekend and I had to work today, so I'm completely beat as well needing to do about 10 loads of laundry. I will be sharing my Dragon*Con trip report here as soon as I write it.

But, DD started her first day of preschool today. I was too exhausted and was working to cry or whatnot. DH took her to school and said she did great. And she wants to go back, so that's a good thing.

Here is her first day of school picture:

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Eoywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #62
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Such a sweet picture of your DD. Glad she wants to go back.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #63
Angebee
Mouseketeer

"I think DD will remember a lot from the trip - but DH isn't so sure. We'll see - she's excited anyway."

I'd vote that she might! My parents took me for my second trip the October shortly after I turned 5. While I may not remember everything off the top of my head, one of the things my mom did was put together a VHS tape (showing my age ) of my favorite moments in the park, such as walking up to the Epcot ball and asking why Mickey Mouse wasn't waving from the top (a popular commercial back in those days), the 'Kitchen Cabaret' show or meeting Pluto for the first time. She'd show it to me every so often instead of turning on cartoons and it helped me remember several details about Disney when we returned almost four years later. If nothing else YOU GUYS will remember all the special moments and she'll still be young enough for the magic to be completely real.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #64
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

I think DD will remember a lot from the trip. Plus we'll have a lot of pictures to help her remember.

I'm in the midst of nearly two weeks with no time off. It was the price I paid for having 4 days off for Dragon*Con. I'll get a day off on Sunday and will be back on my normal schedule.

I'm going to do a trip report here about Dragon*Con. We also are hoping to book our trip next month as well as celebrating DD's birthday next month. She has requested a Halloween-themed costume party.

Here are a few teaser pictures from Dragon*Con, before DD and I walked in the parade.

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #65
PrincessInOz
in

NICE COSTUMES!!!!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #66
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been so absent - all three of us have been suffering from colds to the point that I almost lost my voice. That isn't a great thing for someone who works phone tech support.

I'm working on my Dragon*Con trip reports and trying to get ready for DD's 4th birthday which is a couple of weeks from now.

Today is also my 6th wedding anniversary. DH and I waited a year to take our DisneyMoon, so we spent our first anniversary in Epcot. So it's been a long five years since I've been in the World.

We are going to be booking for our trip next year next month and I'm excited for that. It probably won't feel real until we actually are booked.

Here's a picture of DH and I on our wedding day:

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Dragon*Con 2012 - Friday

Finally I got my first part of my Dragon*Con trip report written!

Usually DH and I head down to Atlanta early on the Thursday before Dragon*Con so we can get our badges. Usually the badge line takes several hours to go through and that way we weren't missing any of the con.

But this year, I had just started a new job a few weeks before so I had to work until 5:30 that Thursday. Thankfully, I now work from home so we could leave as soon as I got off work. It was about 5 pm when my boss let me go and we were able to get on the road to Atlanta.

Thursday was just the drive down to my aunt and uncle's house. We got to their house around 9 pm which didn't leave us any time to get downtown. So it was early to bed since DH and I wanted to get down to the con early.

Now I had heard many things that badge pickup was streamlined, but DH was pretty pessimistic about it. He still thought we were going to be in line for hours. We managed to get down to the con around 9 am and then we waited for a whole five minutes to get our badges. It took us longer to walk through the queues than it did to actually get our badges.

This gave us quite a bit of time before my panel. We headed to the Hilton to see if there was any autographs. The Celebrity Authentics line was long but we got in it so DH could get a ticket to get Sebastian Roche's autograph.

From there, we met up with a friend of mine. We went to the food court to have some breakfast. We chatted and people watched until it was about a half hour before the "Are You A Geek Parent" Panel.

I had worked with th Kaleidoscope track folks for months to put together this panel with some of my fellow GeekMom authors. Author and geeky dad Bryan Young also sat on the panel. When we got to the Kaleidoscope track room, the room was about half full. We actually started the panel a little early because the room was full.

My lovely DH took video of the panel until my memory was totally filled up. He left at that point to head back to the Walk of Fame. He told me later that there were about 10 people outside, waiting to see if they could get into the pane.

The big highlight of the panel was being able to meet GeekMom Ruth and GeekMom Patricia in person. And it was just a really fun panel to be involved with. Afterwards, we got a picture of the three GeekMoms, then I had a rush off.

I walked as fast as I could to the Sheraton to get in line for The Guild panel. The line was out of the hotel and wrapped around the building. It was very hot but thankfully I had stuck my Kaylee parasol in my bag. It was my original parasol that I painted and it is starting to fall apart. Thankfully it still opened and make it a little cooler while standing in line.

Even though the line was long, I made it into the panel. It was the first time the entire cast of The Guild had come to Dragon*Con. It was a really great panel, but I left earlier so I could meet Todd at the walk of fame.

I didn't get as many autographs as I did in years past. But I got the entire cast of the Guild, Adam Baldwn (finally!!) and Katee Sackoff. Todd got several others, like John Rhys-Davies, so we have lots of new additions for our wall of fame.

I thought that the dealer'r room closed at 5, but my dear DH told me that it was open until 7 and that he also knew were the BPAL booth was.

Slight tangent here. I've been a fan of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab or BPAL since 2004. The owners of the Lab, Beth and her husband Ted, have been active on the fan forum so I've known them online for 8 years. But since they are located in CA, I never got to meet them in person. So I was really excited to finally meet them.

DH showed me right were the booth was then headed back to the walk of fame. I geeked out at the BPAL, introduced myself to Beth, got a hug and got to smell the Halloween scents which were so lovely. It was great!

By the time I was done at the BPAL booth, I had missed the start of the next panel I was going to so I went to the food court for some food. DH had been at wrestling but he wasn't too into it so we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house.

Next up, Dragon*Con 2012 - Saturday!

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #68
PrincessInOz
in

Nice start!

Looking forward to finding out more.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #69
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Thanks PrincessinOz - I'm hoping to get the other days written up soon. Things have been crazy as we get ready for DD's birthday party next weekend.

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #70
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hi!!

I am joining in from the Oct 13' FB group too!

Your dd is just precious! Does she know about the trip, or is it a surprise?

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #71
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

DMGeurts!

DD knows - there is no way I could keep it a secret I've been waiting for this trip for 5 years now so I'm talking about it a lot.

Plus I want her to be excited and I also want to have her watch some of the ride videos on YouTube so she'll be a little prepared.

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #72
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Fall is in the air here in NC! Yesterday DD and I went to a local apple orchard for a birthday party. We had a great time picking apples, playing at the orchard's playground, drinking fresh apple cider and going on a hay ride.

Here's some pictures:

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #73
DMGeurts

Awww... Cute! I looks like you had a wonderful time!

D~
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #74
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awww... Cute! I looks like you had a wonderful time!

D~
We did have a great time The orchard was on top of a mountain and the views were amazing. Though now I have a bunch of apples

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Visit my Blog!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #75
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin View Post
We did have a great time The orchard was on top of a mountain and the views were amazing. Though now I have a bunch of apples
LOL - that is not the worst side effect. I love this time of year and all the beauty in it... Unfortunately, I hate the outcome (winter).

D~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: